The Student Room Group

iPhone shutter sound won't turn off?

So I got an iPhone 5s for Christmas from my parents, and I'm thrilled with it, but my one issue is that (even when my phone is muted) I still get the camera shutter sound which is really annoying. I'm fairly sure my iPhone was meant for selling in Japan, because it was bought off amazon and the little booklet thing that came with it was in Japanese. I've heard that iPhones for selling in Japan always make the camera shutter sound when taking a photo because of Japanese privacy laws. Is there anything I can do to make my iPhone not do this? If I were to take it to the Apple Store could they do much about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georgiecat
So I got an iPhone 5s for Christmas from my parents, and I'm thrilled with it, but my one issue is that (even when my phone is muted) I still get the camera shutter sound which is really annoying. I'm fairly sure my iPhone was meant for selling in Japan, because it was bought off amazon and the little booklet thing that came with it was in Japanese. I've heard that iPhones for selling in Japan always make the camera shutter sound when taking a photo because of Japanese privacy laws. Is there anything I can do to make my iPhone not do this? If I were to take it to the Apple Store could they do much about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was a phone intended for the Japanese market then without jailbreaking it you won't be able to turn the shutter sound off.

Simple reason being that by law phones in Japan have to have the shutter sound enabled with no option to switch it off. One of the main reasons being that the rise of camera phones brought with it the rise of perverts taking indecent photographs of other people in public and the Japanese banned silent camera phones as a result.
Original post by monicatyelle
Actually, there is no option for disable camera shutter sound on iPhone as it is illegal in some countries like Japan and Korea, but if you are not in those countries and you want to mute it then there is a trick which I found from one facebook group which mentioned here https://www.indabaa.com/how-to-disable-camera-shutter-sound-on-iphone/

Hi there!

This thread is from 3 years ago. Please check thread dates before posting in future. :smile:

Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending