The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by foxfire54
I'm also unsure as to whether I've had any letters or anything about the open days in Jan/Feb, although I'm fairly sure I haven't had anything.

About the STEP thing, I'm trying to get it so that the text box on the site is full when I paste in the statement. It's quite tricky to do that without feeling like I'm repeating myself from my personal statement though. I can say what I need to without regurgitating personal statement stuff in about 1400 characters, although I haven't written the introduction yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an offer for History and my offer holder day that I'm attending is in March
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I have an offer for classical civilisation. its my first or second choice-cant decide!
Reply 402
Got an offer for Hispanic Studies with Japanese! Warwick is almost definitely my first choice but I don't really know much about the Japanese department. If anyone knows anything please let me know! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an unconditional offer for Law and Law and Sociology.I took a 2 year gap so I have already done my A levels

Not sure which one I'm going to choose.Waiting on a response from Queen Mary
Reply 404
Went to the PAIS offer holders day today and once again I was so impressed with the uni. 100% certain it will be my firm now. So if you have any questions from an offer holders perspective then I'll be happy to answer them but I don't know too much because I'm not at warwick yet haha...

See you all in October (pending a levels)
Reply 405
Original post by Age
Went to the PAIS offer holders day today and once again I was so impressed with the uni. 100% certain it will be my firm now. So if you have any questions from an offer holders perspective then I'll be happy to answer them but I don't know too much because I'm not at warwick yet haha...

See you all in October (pending a levels)

What specifically have you been impressed with?
Reply 406
Who else has an offer to study chemistry at Warwick and intends to put it as their firm? :smile:
Reply 407
If you do have an offer for chemistry go over to here for chemistry people only :smile: created a new thread :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3066249

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 408
Original post by Georgiecat
Got an AAB offer for (MChem) chemistry today :biggrin: So happy, especially because I only got the acknowledgement email this morning!

Hey I have got an offer too :biggrin: if you're thinking as putting it as a firm I have just started a thread for chemists at warwick :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3066249

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Original post by benq
What specifically have you been impressed with?

For me the course flexibility was great. 95% leave with a first/2:1 and you don't have to do a dissertation. There's also no requirement to do exams instead of assessed essays. Obviously this may differ to your course so have a check.

The REF also placed warwick in a great position and many of the researchers are active in their field so it is common to see someone you recently saw on tv or heard on the radio.

The accomodation and the amount of societies was really impressive and the fact it is a campus meant that it was like living in your own village but still only 20 minutes or so away from Birmingham, Leam and Cov.

The SU also has its own club and there are like themed events. I think the ambassador mentioned the most recent were 1920s and Vegas.

Curiousitea was also really cute.
Reply 410
I have an offer for Biomedical Science! :smile:
I have just got an offer from Warwick for economics today and i instantly chose it as my firm choice :biggrin:
Original post by Van Nguyen
I have just got an offer from Warwick for economics today and i instantly chose it as my firm choice :biggrin:

When did you apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RuairiJH
When did you apply??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it on December 5th but the university received it on the 8th.

Oh wow congrats! I'm still waiting for mine:/
If you don't mind me asking, what's your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dondo97
x

u'll have to wait until all 5 decisions are made
Original post by betrueoriginal
Oh wow congrats! I'm still waiting for mine:/
If you don't mind me asking, what's your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If u mean AS grade, i got AABB and predicted A*AA
Conditional for biomedical science :wink:
If u mean AS grade, i got AABB and predicted A*AA

For straight Economics? This gives me hope as I have very similar grades and haven't got a decision yet. (AAAB, A*A*AA predictions).

Well done though.
Original post by ILLREKTUM9
For straight Economics? This gives me hope as I have very similar grades and haven't got a decision yet. (AAAB, A*A*AA predictions).

Well done though.

Of course, pure economics. Waiting is actually not a bad sign, it means u are good enough for them to not reject you straight away :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest