The Student Room Group

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
We could ask the Muslim countries what they do with their Christians.....

You're suggesting we become more like Muslim countries, to ensure our country doesn't become more like Muslim countries. Sorry, what?
Original post by missfats
On a serious note, unless you are planning to outright any muslim parents having kids, I wonder how you would stop this increase?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Confirmed: "outright" is now a verb.
Reply 42
Original post by jazjaz
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if in our lifetime religion starts to be wiped out.

I'd love for this to happen, sadly however, while the young of nearly all religions are becoming less religious, the one religion this is not true for again is Islam, and that's another one of their strengths, the ordinary white native population, isnt really christian anymore, they may celebrate christmas, but none go to church, but in Muslim familys all the family kids included go to the mosque.

But yeah a world with no oppressive religions, would be ideal, but I can't see it happening, as Islam is actually growing.
Original post by Castro Saint
What kind of propaganda are you reading to really believe that the UK is heading towards a muslim-majority population? Lol.

I think it's called the Daily Mail.
Reply 44
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think it's called the Daily Mail.

What part of demographics do you not get?
Something isnt automatically untrue just because it's in the Mail.
Actual statistics showing population growth, in some communities compared to others arent just something made by the Daily Mail, everyone apart from maybe you accepts the UKs identity is rapidly changing, the argument is whether thats a good thing or not, I say not.

The Muslim population in this country is rapidly growing, FACT
At current rates, white people lose majority status around 2030 FACT
Islam becomes the new majority in 2050.

This isnt something someone made up this is an actual mathematical projection based on current rates. If there's any inaccuarcy it's problem to your discredit, as we keep seeing the rate is actually higher than many originally thought
No.

This is only a minority of Muslims.

Most of them integrate
An Islamic-majority UK population means a Islamic-majority will can be enforced on the whole country through a political party representing those who worship Islam (would probably be Labour actually).

Should the UK adopt policies to ensure the UK never has a Islamic-majority population?

ps Yes I did mean to duplicate the poll options!

So basically
deport British born Muslims,
or sterilise them,
or stop all Muslim immigration

is what you are saying ?
Reply 47
Original post by democracyforum
No.

This is only a minority of Muslims.

Most of them integrate

No they don't, some do, the majority don't
Original post by Aleon
No they don't, some do, the majority don't

christian fundamentalists exist too ?
Reply 49

That's a flagrant straw man Not in the same league at all.

When was the last time a christian country ordered the hanging of a gay teenager, when was the last time a christian country stoned a woman to death for being seen in public without her face covered?
Reply 50
Original post by Aleon
I'd love for this to happen, sadly however, while the young of nearly all religions are becoming less religious, the one religion this is not true for again is Islam, and that's another one of their strengths, the ordinary white native population, isnt really christian anymore, they may celebrate christmas, but none go to church, but in Muslim familys all the family kids included go to the mosque.

But yeah a world with no oppressive religions, would be ideal, but I can't see it happening, as Islam is actually growing.

I'm not white or British as I'm half Cuban, half German. But I would agree with you that a lot of white British people are leaving the churches and they are being filled with Eastern Europeans, black people and Chinese. I don't think it matters anyway as those in the Church are not the ones to stand up (openly) against Islam they are more concerned about their own agenda. In terms of christmas that is more commercial and as long as corporations exist it will continue for a long time christmas lost its tradition many years ago.

I think if the consequence for apostasy in Islam was not death or exile from families/communities we would suddenly see a decline in Islam too. Although perhaps this generation has been brainwashed beyond the point of return. Unfortunately the extremists do have the upper hand as the scriptures support the monstrous things they do they are the active followers.

Dear God... Please deliver us from your followers!!! My only prayer has ever been that religion never existed in the first place.

Where are these Protestant fundamentalists in Britain? The closest thing we have is the Orange Order and some Protestant sects.
Islam is destined to continue to spread throughout the world massively and nonstop.

Unless justice, equality, education, freedom, democracy and most important:
Foreign armies are completely out of Islamic countries exist.

Any other solution will simply not work.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aleon

And when they do, every single human rights act, legislation protecting women, legislation protecting LGBT people, legislation protecting minorities, is getting ripped up, and Shariah imposed.

Perhaps that would be the moment the Queen refuses to give royal assent?

Failing that (the Queen loses out for some reason), would the Courts apply any such legislation that violates fundamental freedoms?

However, this is is all pure speculation and a fruitless endeavour. Muslims make up 4.4% of the UK population (as of the 2011 census).

This thread makes me think of Soumission - the soon to be released dystopian scare-mongering French book that envisages the very scenario you set out in the OP occurring in France in 2022.
Original post by thstudent

Unless justice, equality, education, freedom, democracy and most important:
Foreign armies are completely out of Islamic countries.

These are values universal to humanity.

You're seriously demanding that education be removed from countries? Perhaps that's the only way people would agree to remove justice, equality, democracy and freedom...
Original post by Law-Hopeful
These are values universal to humanity.

You're seriously demanding that education be removed from countries? Perhaps that's the only way people would agree to remove justice, equality, democracy and freedom...

Exactly my point :smile:
Reply 56
Islam will die out before long anyway. The rate of increase is decreasing. Atheism is growing faster than any global religion.
Original post by thstudent
Exactly my point :smile:

Forgive me, I'm failing to see your point...

Can you please state your point unequivocally (for my benefit)?
Original post by Law-Hopeful
Forgive me, I'm failing to see your point...

Can you please state your point unequivocally (for my benefit)?

I am so sleepy and you were so polite so I can't deny what you've asked for :smile:

Yes, there are nations (mighty individuals to be accurate) who want ignorance to spread along people in order to achieve w.e they want.
An Islamic-majority UK population means a Islamic-majority will can be enforced on the whole country through a political party representing those who worship Islam (would probably be Labour actually).

Should the UK adopt policies to ensure the UK never has a Islamic-majority population?

ps Yes I did mean to duplicate the poll options!

Your poll choices are like votes in the EU parliament

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending