The Student Room Group

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?

Scroll to see replies

Your poll is ridiculous and makes it obvious that you don't care what anyone actually thinks about this but you. Of course, your question is ridiculous, too, so...
Original post by thstudent

Yes, there are nations (mighty individuals to be accurate) who want ignorance to spread along people in order to achieve w.e they want.

What nations in particular are you talking about? How are they attempting to spread ignorance? What are their ultimate aims? How does all this relate to you calling for the removal of justice and education from Islamic countries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is i think what you can call reflection of the real picture. Mr. thread starter, have you ever heard any Muslim here asking the same? And i think instead of asking this biased poll you should have tell us whats wrong with the Muslim Population?
Of course not, that'd be 'racist'!
Reply 64
Original post by billydisco
Should the UK adopt policies to ensure the UK never has a Islamic-majority population?

What steps did you have in mind and can we also use them against right wing extremists such as yourself?
Reply 65
Perhaps religion had a purpose when most thought the earth to be flat...... but most, these days, have cottoned on to the truth.

Religion * democracy are systems designed to transfer power to those (broadly speaking) should never have it.

The only laws needed are.

1. Cause no loss nor harm to others, with ALL the rights & responsibilities that entails.
2. The notion of land 'ownership' must end.

THIS is true freedom. What percentage of the people could take it?
Reply 66
Original post by billydisco
We could ask the Muslim countries what they do with their Christians.....

Hmmm... pretty sure they live peacefully, for example Pakistan, Iran etc...
The thread poll has been reset and now includes a 'no' option. Thread has also been moved to the Society forum.
Reply 68
Original post by Aleon
They don't even need a majority, they only need 35%, maybe slightly more as there would be some muslims who wouldn't vote for it.

Laws are passed through parliament. As long as parliament doesn't agree to.the law it.can't be passed no matter what the country wants
Reply 69
Original post by Hydeman
It's amusing how happily people will conflate non-Muslims with whites. Those interested in liberal democracy should be aiming to maintain a secular majority, which doesn't necessarily have to be white. A secular majority doesn't even have to be atheistic; anyone who is of the view that the teachings of religious scripture or senile clerics, of any denomination, are not to be allowed to meddle in lawmaking or politics is effectively secular.

You talk about Sharia law being imposed at a local level as if it's so much better than 'full blown Shariah Law'. Once you have competing courts of law in a country, the concept of equality before the law is effectively dead in the water.

I was saying at the most that would happen. I'm not even sure if it'd happen in local council because even if local council impose shariah it can't conflict with the government/parliament law so end of day regardless of what law is imposed by council the government/parliament law overrules it.
And I don't think Sharia Law would be supported by Parliament/Government
Reply 70
Original post by Aleon
I don't think you are reading properly, if they get a large enough portion of the population they can get a majority in parliament, and therefore pass whatever laws they like.

And when they do, every single human rights act, legislation protecting women, legislation protecting LGBT people, legislation protecting minorities, is getting ripped up, and Shariah imposed.

I'm asian muslim myself and I very much doubt there'd be a majority muslim parliament
Reply 71
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqrFK4-OfQ

If you all actually looked into Islam you would understand why, not looking into what the media has to say about it.
Original post by Lost Cloud
What a brilliant question. Last I heard, Ethiopians were being forced to take birth-control injections in Israel - maybe the United Kingdom could force a similar systematic procedure upon Muslims?!

Bare in mind this also happened to Ethiopian JEWS, yet apparently Israel is supposed to be the homeland of all Jews. Says a lot about them. So go on and try it but you sir are a fool if you think we will take it lying down.
" We must be open and tolerant of Islam and Muslims, so that when we are in the minority - so they shall be towards us."

Jen Orback, Swedish equalities minister in 2006.
Less than 5% of the UK is Muslim. I'm not a Maths graduate but that doesn't look very close to a majority to me.
Islamic immigration should be cut to negligible levels, with immediate effect and as a matter of urgency, if we are not to head to towards inevitable disaster within the next few decades.
Reply 76
Original post by Aleon
By limiting migration from countries such as Pakistan, Somalia, Iran etc and also encouraging the white population to reproduce more.

Democracy's biggest strength is also it's biggest flaw, that the majority can decide how to live their lives, we are fortunate enough at this moment in time to live in a liberalish democracy however should Muslims become numerous enough to form a majority government, (which you can do on like 35% of the vote) they have the power to impose barbaric Shariah on all of us.

We tolerate them, but should they ever get in charge, they won't tolerate us.

+1

although I don't agree with Muslim bashing threads, Aleon's right.
Original post by Law-Hopeful
What nations in particular are you talking about? How are they attempting to spread ignorance? What are their ultimate aims? How does all this relate to you calling for the removal of justice and education from Islamic countries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

... I didn't call from removal of education. re-read what I've typed...
secondly, read the history of Arab countries. It has to do with politics (full of lies and contradiction) so my job is done here.
Original post by Qari
Laws are passed through parliament. As long as parliament doesn't agree to.the law it.can't be passed no matter what the country wants

You do not understand what you are talking about.

MPs are voted into parliament through general elections. General elections use FPTP so a simple majority in each constituency is sufficient. Therefore a party can gain a majority of MPs without having a majority of the national vote.

This is the scenario the person you are responding to is talking about - with 35% (his figure, not mine) of the population being muslim they could elect enough muslim MPs to have a majority of MPs in Parliament being muslim (and thus being able to form a government from these MPs). Therefore, in this scenario (not that I believe it has any chance of occurring), they would be able to pass/repeal any law as they wished.
Original post by Chlorophile
Less than 5% of the UK is Muslim. I'm not a Maths graduate but that doesn't look very close to a majority to me.

Yes you definitely aren't a maths graduate.

Read the rest of the thread and the OPs point before just spouting your nonsense.

by 2050!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending