The Student Room Group

Why I'm not Charlie and never will be

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mkap
that is not opinion, that is blasphemy. it is despicable what them cartoonists did, drawing our Prophet Muhammad (SAW) nude, imagine if they drew your God nude or Jesus (AS) astaghfirullah how would you feel?

I wouldn't give a ****.
Fool. Je suis Charlie; nous sommes tous Charlie. (I am Charlie; we are all Charlie [abiding by TSR rules])
Reply 82
Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6
Do you have to hurt people's feelings though? Can't you forgive the vast majority of muslims who in fact didn't react violently, rather, are peaceful, law abiding, and economically productive, for a crime they didn't commit?

"Look at my avatar". Says it all really.

yo 4 rl man u is well dwn wit d roads init mans mind b lyk proper imagning sum mad tings after ur wel deep anarchy ting u is lyk well smart go hard fam
Reply 83
Original post by PopaPork
Muslim is not a race and yes you should be supporting these people as they are also the freedoms you have as well

I have the freedom to say what I don't want to say so that is irrelevant to me. Muslim doesn't have to be a race they are depicting them as Arab so it is racist.
Reply 84
Original post by DiddyDec
That is a completely different scenario to what has happened in Paris.

One's religion can be as much part of one's identity as their race.
Original post by al_94
Yes but the problem is there's no alternative media. Everybody's pushing the same narrative that we should support the actions of these people killed and it is brainwashing the people to be anti Islam.

Nobody is saying we should be anti-Islam.

The only thing that really makes people anti-Islam is extreme Islam, such as the events in Paris, London, Sydney and New York over the past 15 years.

They have the right to criticize Islam. Do you believe that they should not have the right to criticize Islam?
Original post by Dexa

Religion is an ideology and it is a choice to become a part of that ideology.

Nobody gets to choose what race they are.
Reply 87
I hate the X-Factor and how it crams ****e music down my throat at every turn, I'm not about to turn up at the studio and shoot up the producers.
Original post by al_94
I have the freedom to say what I don't want to say so that is irrelevant to me. Muslim doesn't have to be a race they are depicting them as Arab so it is racist.

Your views on the freedoms you have are a little narrow as is you idea of racism

the rest is nonsense

But thanks for demonstrating the issue we have with such simplicity of response
Reply 89
Nobody is saying we should be anti-Islam.

The only thing that really makes people anti-Islam is extreme Islam, such as the events in Paris, London, Sydney and New York over the past 15 years.

They have the right to criticize Islam. Do you believe that they should not have the right to criticize Islam?

Yes they can criticize if they want but it is best to be respectful of other beliefs and not mock others. So called "Islamic Extremism" is actually very rare when you look at the statistics but the media blows it out of proportion completely.
Original post by Dexa

Only if you choose it to be the case
That is a completely different scenario to what has happened in Paris.

Doesn't matter, you said you'd defend to the death someone's right to exercise free speech, and now you're pussying out. The truth is you're only going to do what you think you can get away with doing, and that's why you, and the rest of the trolling no-life kids on this thread are not going to evolve any time soon.
Do you have to hurt people's feelings though? Can't you forgive the vast majority of muslims who in fact didn't react violently, rather, are peaceful, law abiding, and economically productive, for a crime they didn't commit?

"Look at my avatar". Says it all really.

What? I don't blame them for a crime they didn't commit, so why would I need to forgive them?

Why do your religions have to hurt my feelings? Get the Bible and remove anything that says the people who don't accept Jesus/God deserve to go to hell, remove anything about homosexuality etc.
Original post by al_94
Yes they can criticize if they want but it is best to be respectful

Tell me how can I respectfully say I believe Islam is a backward faith created by a pedophile warlord?
Doesn't matter, you said you'd defend to the death someone's right to exercise free speech, and now you're pussying out. The truth is you're only going to do what you think you can get away with doing, and that's why you, and the rest of the trolling no-life kids on this thread are not going to evolve any time soon.

Incitement of racial hatred laws supersedes the right to free speech.
Reply 95
Religion is an ideology and it is a choice to become a part of that ideology.

Nobody gets to choose what race they are.

Sadly you didn't understand my point and looking at it from a very one dimensional point of view.

Many of them can't choose to leave their religion out of fear of being punished, excommunicated or worse. In many cases they were born into a long living tradition that has been part of their identity for many generations.
Original post by Dexa
Sadly you didn't understand my point and looking at it from a very one dimensional point of view.

Many of them can't choose to leave their religion out of fear of being punished, excommunicated or worse. In many cases they were born into a long living tradition that has been part of their identity for many generations.

So why should any of this stop us from criticizing religion?
Original post by al_94
Yes they can criticize if they want but it is best to be respectful of other beliefs and not mock others. So called "Islamic Extremism" is actually very rare when you look at the statistics but the media blows it out of proportion completely.

Muslims make up 23.2% of the worlds population. 66% of terror attacks can be attributed to 4 extremist Islamic groups.

Very rare? No Muslim extremism is the majority.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/nov/18/religious-extremism-main-cause-of-terrorism-according-to-report?commentpage=1
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Skip_Snip
As soon as I saw it was a Tumblr link, I knew it would be a pile of bollokcs.

And I was right.

don't you hate running out or reps !! will give you one later [ a rep :colondollar: ]
Reply 99
So why should any of this stop us from criticizing religion?

It can't stop us, it's within a person's rights to say what they want. But my point is if you insult say 100 people by calling their mother a slut for example. 95 of these people will probably be offended but put aside their anger. You'll get the remaining 5 people, the minority, who will probably be so angry that they seek revenge and hit you, one might even want to kill you as they hold that much respect for their mother. The same principle applies here. It's obvious that these images are going to provoke a minority of extremist/mental people who will be offended to such a degree that they commit despicable acts. And those that suffer is innocent people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending