The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, just have a question...
Does anyone know (preferrably vets at robinson, but please anyone who might know) whether cambridge places more value on the bmat or on the interview? Or something else entirely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zoey1
Hey everyone I'm a bit late but I just wandered if anyone else hasn't heard anything yet from any uni? still waiting for either rejection or interview from all of them!! I've applied to Edinburgh, Liverpool, Bristol and Nottingham
Thanks xx

I've applied to exactly the same places as you...still not heard anything at all:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Hey, just have a question...
Does anyone know (preferrably vets at robinson, but please anyone who might know) whether cambridge places more value on the bmat or on the interview? Or something else entirely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think its the interview? Bmat was to shortlist applicants for the interview I guess
Original post by regsyl
I think its the interview? Bmat was to shortlist applicants for the interview I guess

That's what I thought, but they invited me for interview before bmat resultd came out, so I was just confused. Hopefully it's the interview! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this is asked every other day on here, but does anyone have any idea when English students will start to hear from Edinburgh?
When did people start posting about interviews on last year's forum?
Getting slightly impatient now!
Although, I have friends applying for medicine, as well as for other 'normal courses' which don't need and interview, and even they haven't heard yet...
Just wondering because surely they need to start giving out some interview dates soon?
Reply 4705
Original post by LadyEcliptic
Stupid question, how do you check your score? Congrats on the interviews by the way!

I screenshotted my wex form and just looked at it like that, if you still have a copy saved on your computer and can access it, its at the bottom of the form.
Sorry for the late reply!!
Original post by ShellySpielberg
That's what I thought, but they invited me for interview before bmat resultd came out, so I was just confused. Hopefully it's the interview! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I got rejected by cambridge before BMAT results came out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zoey1
Hey everyone I'm a bit late but I just wandered if anyone else hasn't heard anything yet from any uni? still waiting for either rejection or interview from all of them!! I've applied to Edinburgh, Liverpool, Bristol and Nottingham
Thanks xx

I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol and Edinburgh... Didn't apply to Notts, but there are still ample dates available for Liverpool interviews :smile:
Original post by Zoey1
Thanks xx

Heyy! I've applied to all of the same unis as you and I haven't heard from Edinburgh, Liverpool or Nottingham. I feel like I'll probably get a rejection from Nottingham but I'm still holding onto hope that the other two will ask me to interview! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eceidil13
Yeah I got rejected by cambridge before BMAT results came out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that... :/
Hope you get good news from other unis!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4710
Original post by Rachelhannah
Heyy! I've applied to all of the same unis as you and I haven't heard from Edinburgh, Liverpool or Nottingham. I feel like I'll probably get a rejection from Nottingham but I'm still holding onto hope that the other two will ask me to interview! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm exactly the same! Interview from Bristol, nothing from the other 3 but not very optimistic for Notts :P We'll see! Apparently they sent out letters yesterday so we should hear something in the next few days? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't heard anything from Edinburgh, Bristol and Nottingham (but had an interview at RVC) - as far as I'm aware, Edinburgh have only given out Scottish and international, whilst Bristol still have a fair few to give out (there was someone on the forum recently that said they didn't hear until Jan 20th for an interview in Feb and eventually got an offer) and as for Nottingham... I'm not very optimistic but they haven't sent out all of their invites so you could be in the last remaining few! xx
I've applied to Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow- I have interviews at Nottingham (my top choice) and Glasgow but haven't heard anything from Bristol or Edinburgh as of yet 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eceidil13
Hey! Good luck on your Glasgow interview. I also did a Nuffield Project at University of Liverpool Vet School and it was great. Mine was on canine cruciate ligaments. Also obtained a gold crest. I have two others and I'm also a finalist in Big Bang but with a different project to my Nuffield :biggrin:
I haven't yet spoken to any vet applicants with gold crest/nuffield/big bang things and im excited haha :biggrin:

Hiya! This is so cool i Iv'e never met anyone that's done a Nuffield project either! Hopefully I can come say hi to you when I'm in Birmingham - good luck on your interview and I hope it all works out :smile:
Does anyone know any good websites to practise dosage calculations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ABC05
I'm exactly the same! Interview from Bristol, nothing from the other 3 but not very optimistic for Notts :P We'll see! Apparently they sent out letters yesterday so we should hear something in the next few days? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah haha, I had a Bristol interview too- we really are in the same situation hahaha! Ahh hopefully! Good luck with it all anyway, I hope it's good news because I heard they still give out a few after Christmas:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloobles96
I've applied to Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol and Glasgow- I have interviews at Nottingham (my top choice) and Glasgow but haven't heard anything from Bristol or Edinburgh as of yet 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh, I've applied to the exact same places and am in the opposite situation. I've had a Bristol interview (and offer) and Edinburgh interview (top choice) is soon. I haven't heard from Notts or Glasgow yet.
Reply 4718
Original post by Rachelhannah
Yeah haha, I had a Bristol interview too- we really are in the same situation hahaha! Ahh hopefully! Good luck with it all anyway, I hope it's good news because I heard they still give out a few after Christmas:smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck to you too! Have got everything crossed :smile: Hope your Bristol interview went ok, I'm dreading having to possibly wait until the end of March to find out aha!! Let me know how it all works out for you! x
(edited 9 years ago)
Kind of non-relevant question but what did you guys put as your backup UCAS option? zoology? animal biology?
:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending