The Student Room Group

Is sex compulsory in relationship?

Relationship, a good relation between a girl and boy as a soulmate. They share their happiness and sorrow with eachother. They are best friends forever. They miss eachother when they are away from one another.

In such condition is sex necessary ?
In my view, after the sex, the bonding between them is weak. In developed country after a week of relation they are engaged in sex. WTF :/ . They dont respect eachother after all. They dont love eachother, they love their organ -_-.

We citizen of developing countries are sincere in this things. Parents should be concerned on their childs activities.

Share your views.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by milandhimal
Relationship, a good relation between a girl and boy as a soulmate. They share their happiness and sorrow with eachother. They are best friends forever. They miss eachother when they are away from one another.

In my view, after the sex, the bonding between them is weak. In developed country after a week of relation they are engaged in sex. WTF :/ . They dont respect eachother after all. They dont love eachother, they love their organ -_-.

We citizen of developing countries are sincere in this things. Parents should be concerned on their childs activities.

Share your views.

To me it sounds like your comparing everyday relationships to cultural/religious relations.
A basic answer to your question with out opening a can of words I'd say it's not compulsory at all but it is a very intimate and bonding activity for most couples.
No sex is not necessary. However sex has been proven to help bond lovers together more firmly.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/love7.htm
Reply 3
Thats only saying but most of relationship is aimed only for sex :/
It adds some spice to your noodle.:kungfu:
Reply 5
Sex isn't necessary as asexual people are actually real.
Reply 6
No I wouldn't say sex is compulsory in a relationship just as long as both parties are fine with that arrangement. Sometimes people don't have sex because maybe their are celibate or can't have sex for medical reasons and it doesn't make their relationship any less valid than that of a couple that does have sex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Share your views.

OK I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you aren't talking from experience, in your view sex weakens relationships.. Really? How did you come to that conclusion?
Reply 8
Sex doesn't weaken relationships, it has the opposite effect. Some people are only interested in sex, but in most relationships it is a (awesome) way for the couple to express their affection, like kissing. Take away physical intimacy and you basically just have a friend.

And I really don't get that "you are having sex therefore you don't respect them or yourself" crap.
Reply 9
Sex is the ultimate physical bond between a man and a woman, as long as emotional intimacy is established before and after. - Obviously there's sex between lovers and sex between a man and a woman, when people are lovers that is when the bond bit comes into play.
I personally wouldn't describe it as "compulsory". That almost makes it sound a bit rapey. "Integral" is a better way to describe it, I think. It's one of the most powerful bonding actions you can take in a relationship due to the intimacy involved.
how on earth did you come to the conclusion that sex weakens the bond in a relationship? :yawn:
Reply 12

Share your views.

Yes /thread

obviously it varies but I see sex as an important component in a healthy relationship. Sex is a way you can express love, I think you are asking this question with a lot of bias and preconcieved notions of why people act without actually knowing why people do it.
Reply 13
In developed country after a week of relation they are engaged in sex. WTF :/ . They dont respect eachother after all. They dont love eachother, they love their organ -_-.

sometimes you just "click" with the other person. me and mine started getting together after 4 weeks and we've dated for 10 months and I have never been happier in my life. some people can abstain from sexual activity until marriage and they can be the most sorriest, most miserable people you will ever meet.

really? you are surely not speaking on behalf of all citizens of developing countries? so you're saying every developing country has successfully adopted a culture of abstinence? hmmm, i think not.
There's a good reason why developed countries are developed and developing countries are not yet developed. Keep that in mind when trying to weigh up who knows best.
No it is not compulsory. But it can add the highest level of trust, bonding and intimacy to a relationship.
Reply 16
Original post by Jebedee
There's a good reason why developed countries are developed and developing countries are not yet developed. Keep that in mind when trying to weigh up who knows best.

Well I'm not sure about that, the UK and USA are one of the most developed but this is only because they have sucked the lifeblood out of almost every other country lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, it isn't compulsory. However both partners have to be happy with the level of sex in the relationship, or it will cause friction. Some people want sex 4 times a day (or more, I suppose) whereas others would be happy with monthly sex, or less often, or never. As long as both partners are matched, and the lack of sex drive isn't due to a mental health problem (which would need to be addressed) then it's fine.
Reply 18
OP is implying somehow developing countries don't bother with sex?

In actual fact that's all they have got. They don't own anything worth bugger all. There's no where to go to do something fun and even if there was, they cannot afford to pay for such activities.

All they've got to do to keep themselves entertained is **** like rabbits. That's why they have so many kids despite not being able to afford to feed them.
No its not. Some have nice and exciting relationships excluding sex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending