The Student Room Group

Anti Muslim violence spreading across France-mosques & muslim businesses bombed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PopaPork
No really yes really:rolleyes:

Why not give some reasons?
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't see that happening quite the oposite in fact I see people going out of their way to say 'it ain't so'

But is that all you expect people to do about muslims murdering people with a gay abandon? (the indecent yesterday is tiny in comparison to the muslims murdered by their fellow brothers in the same day)

Do you not care about other muslims?

Is all you care about yourself?

So I ask again

what do you except people to do?

You're suggesting that all Muslims are crazy lunatics who go about killing people,this isn't the case at all,I'm not muslim but I have a lot of friends that are and I know their families,Muslims are the nicest group of people I've come across.
I expect people are upset but attacking innocent people on the streets or burning down random mosques isn't going to bring back the dead.
Original post by queen-bee
You're suggesting that all Muslims are crazy lunatics who go about killing people

No I'm not

Straw man
Original post by SamKeene
Perhaps, I'm just highlighting that the influentially forces which actually matter in the Arab world do want a holy war, not a slow peaceful cultural victory.

And its often these people who influence the moderates and others.

Most Germans were peaceful, but it was the Nazi's who drove the forces which ended in the deaths of 60 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Most Russians were peaceful, but they managed to kill 20 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Most Chinese were peaceful, but they managed to kill 70 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Same with Japan, most Japanese were peaceful, but it didn't stop the army from gunning its way through south east Asia killing 12 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter.

Same with Islam, it's the 15-25% radicals who want a holy war which matter, not the rest which quietly hope that Europe will peacefully be annexed culturally and demographically. Which is why I raised the point originally. It's this group which needs our focus.

Honestly you can class the reactionary attacks as terrorism. They are attacks on the civilian population of France to further a political (anti-Islam) goal.

no, the rich gulf states which fund militant islamists and hope for islam being powerful in europe in future would never want a holy war as they are in bed with the west and the west makes them rich.
they would never stand a chance of winning a war against the west. a war couldn't even happen as they wouldn't fight back as the islamic world doesn't have the capability to fight back.
if there were a war it would be over very quickly for them and they could not kill milliions of people.

as soon as europe would have the people in control who would launch a war for interests of european civilization then it would not be necessary as they could simply remove all the issues.

a slow 'peaceful' victory for islam will not be peaceful and europe can only prevent it through war or weeding out corruption, the influences of that corruption and largely restricting immigration and drastically changing laws.

so you want to islam to become a large power within europe? you are making your allegiance quite clear. you must either be a muslim or if you are a european then you are childishly naive or you are against your own tribe.

humans are very empathic and our technology gives us great capacity for potential peace but you seem to be going to extremes and ignoring the nature of life and civilization.
Blank grenades:rolleyes:

No one was hurt were they?

Why are you playing the "dumb act"?

We both know what terrorism is, if not let me remind you:

"the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims"

The people who through those grenades did so under political aims causing intimidation and it is an act of aggression/violence.

Also an explosion occurred at a kebab shop and shots were fired at a mosque. People don't need to die for it to be a terrorist attack/incident.

The media has set this agenda that only muslim's can be terrorist e.g. the Canadian terrorist who had mental issues and a drugs problem, which weren't reported on, compared to
Behring Breivik who was presented as a mad man with schizophrenia, whereby he was even diagnosed falsely with the condition.
Original post by maybe tibis v
no, the rich gulf states which fund militant islamists and hope for islam being powerful in europe in future would never want a holy war as they are in bed with the west and the west makes them rich.
they would never stand a chance of winning a war against the west. a war couldn't even happen as they wouldn't fight back as the islamic world doesn't have the capability to fight back.
if there were a war it would be over very quickly for them and they could not kill milliions of people.

as soon as europe would have the people in control who would launch a war for interests of european civilization then it would not be necessary as they could simply remove all the issues.

a slow 'peaceful' victory for islam will not be peaceful and europe can only prevent it through war or weeding out corruption, the influences of that corruption and largely restricting immigration and drastically changing laws.

so you want to islam to become a large power within europe? you are making your allegiance quite clear. you must either be a muslim or if you are a european then you are childishly naive or you are against your own tribe.

humans are very empathic and our technology gives us great capacity for potential peace but you seem to be going to extremes and ignoring the nature of life and civilization.

You can be both european and muslim, who told you otherwise.
It is horrible all around. We should stand up to terrorism, but not with violence. What we should do is say to the terrorists, "We won't do what you want us to do. We won't be what you want us to be. We won't change our way of life for you. We won't bow down to you. You can't win!"

If we resort to violence, harming and killing innocent people, we are letting them win. We shouldn't change who we are. We shouldn't allow terrorism to corrupt us. We should stand up for our freedoms and show solidarity with the victims of terrorist attacks - peacefully.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ridwan12
You can be both european and muslim, who told you otherwise.

your race can be european and you can be a muslim which would put you at odds with european civilization.

Why are some trying to claim victim hood while they are still cleaning the blood of the streets of Paris?
Perhaps, I'm just highlighting that the influentially forces which actually matter in the Arab world do want a holy war, not a slow peaceful cultural victory.

And its often these people who influence the moderates and others.

Most Germans were peaceful, but it was the Nazi's who drove the forces which ended in the deaths of 60 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Most Russians were peaceful, but they managed to kill 20 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Most Chinese were peaceful, but they managed to kill 70 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter. Same with Japan, most Japanese were peaceful, but it didn't stop the army from gunning its way through south east Asia killing 12 million people, the peaceful majority didn't matter.

Same with Islam, it's the 15-25% radicals who want a holy war which matter, not the rest which quietly hope that Europe will peacefully be annexed culturally and demographically. Which is why I raised the point originally. It's this group which needs our focus.

Honestly you can class the reactionary attacks as terrorism. They are attacks on the civilian population of France to further a political (anti-Islam) goal.

Paranoid...................

The wests obssesion with Islam wanting to takeover Europe is getting silly now, almost as silly as your post.

We both know what terrorism is, if not let me remind you:

"the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims"

The people who through those grenades did so under political aims causing intimidation and it is an act of aggression/violence.

Also an explosion occurred at a kebab shop and shots were fired at a mosque. People don't need to die for it to be a terrorist attack/incident.

The media has set this agenda that only muslim's can be terrorist e.g. the Canadian terrorist who had mental issues and a drugs problem, which weren't reported on, compared to
Behring Breivik who was presented as a mad man with schizophrenia, whereby he was even diagnosed falsely with the condition.

terrorism is actually a very belittling label. it's abit of a throwaway insult.

it is effectively saying that the most a group can achieve in changing is to scare people.

I don't understand much of your incoherent reply, but regarding the bit I quoted. I am not religious and consider myself and anti-theist. I don't see how you could possible come to the opposite conclusion.

The wests obssesion with Islam wanting to takeover Europe is getting silly now, almost as silly as your post.

Quick, post a tumbleresque gif! That'll make a good argument!

I'm sorry, but I cannot continue this discussion with someone so uneducated and ignorant of world politics.

the west has an obsession with money.
if you have difficulty with basic mathematics then let us leave it at that.
Reply 73
the whole nation of Grenada?!
I don't understand much of your incoherent reply, but regarding the bit I quoted. I am not religious and consider myself and anti-theist. I don't see how you could possible come to the opposite conclusion.

let's keep it very basic then.

you say that radical muslims want a holy war. so you must think that they think that they have the capability to win a holy war? how is this so?

of course peaceful, ordinary muslims don't want war, especially not many muslims who migrated to the west to escape war. that does not mean that extremists want war.
(edited 9 years ago)
Why are some trying to claim victim hood while they are still cleaning the blood of the streets of Paris?

Nobody is claiming to be a victim here. It is you that is differentiating between a terrorist attack and retaliating terror attack.
terrorism is actually a very belittling label. it's abit of a throwaway insult.

it is effectively saying that the most a group can achieve in changing is to scare people.

No it isn't. Either way both are examples of terror incidents stop differentiating between them.
Nobody is claiming to be a victim here. It is you that is differentiating between a terrorist attack and retaliating terror attack.

That's exactly what is happening here

No muslims have been hurt since this yet they are suddenly the victims of 'terrorists attacks'

and this before they've finished cleaning the blood of the streets of Paris
No it isn't. Either way both are examples of terror incidents stop differentiating between them.

i'm pointing out that 'terrorism' and 'terror incidents' is abit meaningless.

you can't compare mass murderers to someone throwing blank grenades.
your race can be european and you can be a muslim which would put you at odds with european civilization.

Are you serious.....

European isn't a race. White/causcasian is although you don't have to be white to be European.

European: relating to or characteristic of Europe or its inhabitants or a native or inhabitant of Europe.

It would not put you at odds with European civilization, there are countries in europe which are majority Muslim and Muslims have been living in Europe for centuries back to the time of the Islamic expansion e.g. Spain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending