The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dexa
Don't be brainwashed, have an independent thought. It's not Islam at all.
of course it's Islam

you may call it deviated, extreme, sectarian, khawarij etc, but it's most definitely Islam
Reply 621
Original post by Skip_Snip
haha I bet the terrorists are kicking themselves now! Though they'd probably think he's "not a true muslim" for joining the police...

apparently he pleaded for mercy as well. So I think they knew what they were doing.

To the others who say extremists are just targetting non-muslims are you forgetting about the military school attack in Pakistan nearly a month ago. Majority of the students would have been Muslim.
Original post by Dexa
Two of the Charlie Hebdo victims were Muslims, why does no one mention this?.

because how is it relevant? everyone knows islamists have killed more muslims on the planet than anyone else, holy wars and jihads in islam is the biggest killer of muslims of all time. riddah wars, 4 of the fitnahs , shia vs sunni etc etc. whats i the one common factor behind all these do you think?
Reply 623
Terrorists are hunted in the north east of Paris:

The office after the attack: (warning, disturbing image)

(edited 9 years ago)
haha I bet the terrorists are kicking themselves now! Though they'd probably think he's "not a true muslim" for joining the police...

He begged for mercy. Pretty sure he would have said something....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thuggee
because how is it relevant? everyone knows islamists have killed more muslims on the planet than anyone else, holy wars and jihads in islam is the biggest killer of muslims of all time. riddah wars, 4 of the fitnahs , shia vs sunni etc etc. whats i the one common factor behind all these do you think?

So you are making a distinction between islamists and muslims?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elhm1800

Posted from TSR Mobile

i recognise islamists as muslim that politicise islam and try and spread its doctrine, who cause all the problems all over the place. a muslim is jsut someone that is practicing personally ie follows their 5 pillars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

An Islamist is an advocate of Moslem fundamentalism, while a Moslem isn't necessarily - so there is a strong distinction to be drawn.
Original post by Thuggee
i recognise islamists as muslim that politicise islam and try and spread its doctrine, who cause all the problems all over the place. a muslim is jsut someone that is practicing personally ie follows their 5 pillars.

Well then they're not muslims then are they..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well then they're not muslims then are they.

They obviously are.
Well then they're not muslims then are they..

Posted from TSR Mobile

of course they are :rolleyes:
Original post by Thuggee
of course they are :rolleyes:

Original post by Good bloke
They obviously are.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
He begged for mercy. Pretty sure he would have said something....

Posted from TSR Mobile

What, "I'm a muslim too, don't kill me" ?

Like I said, they probably thought he betrayed islam by joining the police.
What, "I'm a muslim too, don't kill me" ?

Like I said, they probably thought he betrayed islam by joining the police.

Or more like 'what are you doing? Im a muslim and we dont do this!'
From what I understand there is no special police religion so why the hell would he have betrayed islam??:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be an advocate of a fundamental, extreme form of an ideology (i.e. be an Islamist in this case) you first have to subscribe to that ideology (i.e. be a Moslem).
Or more like 'what are you doing? Im a muslim and we dont do this!'
From what I understand there is no special police religion so why the hell would he have betrayed islam??:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're trying to attach rational thought to people devoted to religion. Don't do that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Good bloke
To be an advocate of a fundamental, extreme form of an ideology (i.e. be an Islamist in this case) you first have to subscribe to that ideology (i.e. be a Moslem).

But once you believe in that extreme ideology- being an islamist- you no longer are suscribed to the original one- islam. It cancels it out. The original ideology condems extremism. Islamists commit terror attacks then simply stick a muslim label to it, thats not being a muslim. Its like someone slaughtering loads of people then shouting 'all in the name of jesus' obviously nothing to do whatsever with Christianity. They've pretty much created their own violent religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're trying to attach ration thought to people devoted to religion. Don't do that.

Pretty sure you mean *rational. Dont worry about it.

Why ever not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But once you believe in that extreme ideology- being an islamist- you no longer are suscribed to the original one- islam. It cancels it out. The original ideology condems extremism. Islamists commit terror attacks then simply stick a muslim label to it, thats not being a muslim. Its like someone slaughtering loads of people then shouting 'all in the name of jesus' obviously nothing to do whatsever with Christianity. They've pretty much created their own violent religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be silly! The Moslems on TSR will tell you that to be a Moslem you have to believe only a few things - the five Pillars of Islam. If you subscribe to them you are a Moslem. Going further, being extreme in other beliefs, doesn't negate that. They will, according to Islam, be punished in the afterlife for their sins.
But once you believe in that extreme ideology- being an islamist- you no longer are suscribed to the original one- islam. It cancels it out. The original ideology condems extremism.
no it doesnt, where does it? in the 7th century when islam originated, what we class as 'extreme' was perfectly normal.

Islamists commit terror attacks then simply stick a muslim label to it, thats not being a muslim. t Its like someone slaughtering loads of people then shouting 'all in the name of jesus' obviously nothing to do whatsever with Christianity. They've pretty much created their own violent religion.

anyone that wants to make poltiical statments can find examples in islamic tradition for most things - mohamed killed people that didnt agree with him, so did all the islamic caliphs, war is part and parcel of islamic history so much so its narrated about regually. so they havent made anything up, they are simply quoting. equally all of their proposed goals and actions are driven by doctine that comes from the standard sources, and they recruit people using the same. its idiotic to suggest becuase a muslim is politicised they are no longer muslim. what about the millions of muslims that demand a palestinan state - are they now non practicing muslims?:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending