The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ammatt123
When's your Nottingham interview x

I'm not sure who this was in reply to but I have one for Adult nursing at Nottingham on 25th March! Have you heard back yet/where have you applied? :smile:
Original post by monicanicole
I've got two rejections and one interview coming up. Am still waiting to hear from my other two unis. I applied for adult nursing at Hertfordshire, DMU, leeds, Coventry and Northampton uni.
Kinda gutted about the rejections bit fingers crossed I get some offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had 3 rejections and 2 more interviews. Feeling a bit downhearted with the rejections like you are but. We'd to be positive about the others still to come........surrey and kingston!! Fingers crossed. Where is your interview??
Original post by blondy2012
I have an offer for adult nursing from York :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Congratulations on your offer! :h: How was your interview at York, and how long did you wait between applying and getting an interview? I'm still waiting to hear back for Adult nursing and applied by the end of November :unsure:
Original post by k83wa1t3r5
Hi, have you heard from all of yours?

Hi, sorry for such a late reply! I've heard from them all except York which seems to be taken aaaages. Have you heard back from all of yours, and which branch are you doing? :h:
I replied to the wrong post so my comment wasn't supposed to be on here! I have an interview on the 11th March :smile:
Original post by Smelly26
HI! I had an interview for the University of Leeds yesterday, not too sure how it went. I have interviews for MMU on the 29th and Salford on the 4th Feb! Fingers crossed for Leeds...has anyone else applied to these Unis?

Hey! I had an interview at the University of Leeds in the first week of December & they've given me an offer (which I've firmly accepted it). I hope it went well for you. I know I was even more amazed by the university when I attended for my interview; it made me even more nervous because I really really wanted an offer ! :smile:
(P.S I'm doing adult nursing as of Sept 2015)
Original post by lucymjh
Hey! I had an interview at the University of Leeds in the first week of December & they've given me an offer (which I've firmly accepted it). I hope it went well for you. I know I was even more amazed by the university when I attended for my interview; it made me even more nervous because I really really wanted an offer ! :smile:
(P.S I'm doing adult nursing as of Sept 2015)

I got an offer! Its my first choice so will defo be my firm! I love the uni and Leeds is a fab city! I will also be doing adult nursing in September 15 :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JodsC
well done on your offer! :smile: I have an interview for adult nursing at Surrey in a few weeks time, I was wondering if you could give me a heads up on what to expect/what you were asked etc? I'm so nervous!

Thanks! Well when I went to the interview it was specifically for child nursing students, so I'm not sure if the adult nursing interview will be the same! But it should be along the same lines, so I'll just say a little bit about how the day went.

In the morning you all go into a room for a presentation on the course, things like accommodation and placement areas etc. Before the presentation there was a little "ice-breaker" of sorts where we all just went around and said our names and what we were currently studying/working (although that could have just been something the child nursing lecturer did, I don't know about yours!). It was really nice though, and was the only interview I've been to that did that.

After the presentation we had our maths and english tests, and I really don't think you need to worry about these too much, it's not complicated, I promise! Just remember your calculator, and you'll breeze through it.

Then we had lunch (it was provided for us, which was super cool!) and a chance to talk to current nursing students which was very helpful. We were then told what groups we were in, something like Groups 1-5, and there are about 5/6 of you in each group and each group goes into a separate room for MMIs. You can't really prepare for them, just take your time answering them and try not to stress about it (Easier said than done, I know). After that you can go!

Honestly, Surrey was the nicest interview I went to and I actually sort of enjoyed it. The staff were all really friendly and it was structured really well. Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great!
Original post by Jessie113
I know Derby are taking on 55 adult nursing students this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by emmilly11
I don't know if you're only interested in Adult but I know some numbers for Mental Health Nursing. :smile:

DMU take 45 Mental Health Nurses per intake (September and January) I think Derby was 39/40 Keele was around 21 (but it might have been 27).

I hope this helps you. :biggrin:

Original post by Jessie113
I know Derby are taking on 55 adult nursing students this year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you girls! All help appreciated :smile:
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I've had 3 rejections and 2 more interviews. Feeling a bit downhearted with the rejections like you are but. We'd to be positive about the others still to come........surrey and kingston!! Fingers crossed. Where is your interview??

Bless ya, it really sucks to be in this situation but yeahh that's true. Just gotta stay positive. Good luck on your interviews, hope it goes well. Mine is at Hertfordshire Uni next week Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 950
Original post by hullaballoon
Thanks! Well when I went to the interview it was specifically for child nursing students, so I'm not sure if the adult nursing interview will be the same! But it should be along the same lines, so I'll just say a little bit about how the day went.

In the morning you all go into a room for a presentation on the course, things like accommodation and placement areas etc. Before the presentation there was a little "ice-breaker" of sorts where we all just went around and said our names and what we were currently studying/working (although that could have just been something the child nursing lecturer did, I don't know about yours!). It was really nice though, and was the only interview I've been to that did that.

After the presentation we had our maths and english tests, and I really don't think you need to worry about these too much, it's not complicated, I promise! Just remember your calculator, and you'll breeze through it.

Then we had lunch (it was provided for us, which was super cool!) and a chance to talk to current nursing students which was very helpful. We were then told what groups we were in, something like Groups 1-5, and there are about 5/6 of you in each group and each group goes into a separate room for MMIs. You can't really prepare for them, just take your time answering them and try not to stress about it (Easier said than done, I know). After that you can go!

Honestly, Surrey was the nicest interview I went to and I actually sort of enjoyed it. The staff were all really friendly and it was structured really well. Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great!

Thankyou so much you're a star! :smile: I feel more relaxed after reading that haha! It sounds not so difficult, what time were you finished the whole thing? It's just im flying from N.Ireland and I have to in the airport on time for my flight back home!
Reply 951
Original post by Smelly26
HI! I had an interview for the University of Leeds yesterday, not too sure how it went. I have interviews for MMU on the 29th and Salford on the 4th Feb! Fingers crossed for Leeds...has anyone else applied to these Unis?

Hey, just wondering what the Leeds interview was like eg. was it a relaxed or stressful atmosphere etc as I have mine in a few weeks! Also is the maths test calculator? Good luck!
I got an offer from Leeds the day after the interview. Very pleased!! It was very relaxed and you cant you a calculator for the maths test. I didn't find the maths too hard though, just basic ks3 stuff.
Original post by monicanicole
I've got two rejections and one interview coming up. Am still waiting to hear from my other two unis. I applied for adult nursing at Hertfordshire, DMU, leeds, Coventry and Northampton uni.
Kinda gutted about the rejections but fingers crossed I get some offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people that I know that applied to nursing have had at least one rejection. Unis are being really strict this year I guess.

I do hope that you get some more offers and good luck for your interview :smile:
Original post by Shanzii
Most people that I know that applied to nursing have had at least one rejection. Unis are being really strict this year I guess.

I do hope that you get some more offers and good luck for your interview :smile:

Yeahh that's true, they are getting stricter. Thank you!!
Gas anyone seen the article in introducing non funded nursing courses ie pay full tuition fees and no bursary ? It's being introduced in the north west for 50 students starting this September I think. Can only think this is the beginning of the end for NHS courses to be paid for and entitled to a bursary x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pretty please
Gas anyone seen the article in introducing non funded nursing courses ie pay full tuition fees and no bursary ? It's being introduced in the north west for 50 students starting this September I think. Can only think this is the beginning of the end for NHS courses to be paid for and entitled to a bursary x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard about that, its at the university of Bolton. I really doubt its the end of bursaries, the only started that course due to the apparent shortage round the north west area, although there are many universities in the area offering nursing.
Reply 957
I know this may sound silly but does anyone know good questions to ask at the end of the interview? :smile:
What nursing issues are people discussing at their interviews for adult nursing?!? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Things to do with dignity and respect and person centred care

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending