The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
I heard especially in electronic engineering, you'll see complex numbers until your eyes bleed :lol:

Physics mocks done! Multiple choice was quite tricky, but the long written paper was ok. Finished with quite some time at the end so I was a bit bored :indiff:

2 years of Electrical Engineering if I go Cambridge will be horrible:cry:

I hate multiple choice so much.
Original post by Red Fox
2 years of Electrical Engineering if I go Cambridge will be horrible:cry:

I hate multiple choice so much.

Some of the multiple choice questions I get are so horrific, they have so many traps in them :lol:

I suppose that's what you get for choosing to do a general engineering course :tongue:
Finished mocks yesterday and only just got out from bed a couple of hours ago.
Original post by Bude8
Some of the multiple choice questions I get are so horrific, they have so many traps in them :lol:

I suppose that's what you get for choosing to do a general engineering course :tongue:

The worst thing about multiple choice is I doubt myself based on patterns in my answers. In the TSA I thought the answers for a certain sequence of questions was AAAAABABBB or something like that but I was thinking that they wouldn't exclude C, D and E for such a long run of questions:dontknow:

Original post by JustaDreamer

How did they go?:smile:
Original post by Red Fox
The worst thing about multiple choice is I doubt myself based on patterns in my answers. In the TSA I thought the answers for a certain sequence of questions was AAAAABABBB or something like that but I was thinking that they wouldn't exclude C, D and E for such a long run of questions:dontknow:

How did they go?:smile:

Chemistry multiple choice was really quite easy, Physics multiple choice was a lot harder and I just about finished on time. In my Physics multiple choice I did 14 questions before my first 'D' answer came up :lol:

2 hours of chemistry and 4 hours of maths tomorrow, yeeee
Firmed and insured my uni choices today :biggrin: so exciting and a bit scary hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Chemistry multiple choice was really quite easy, Physics multiple choice was a lot harder and I just about finished on time. In my Physics multiple choice I did 14 questions before my first 'D' answer came up :lol:

2 hours of chemistry and 4 hours of maths tomorrow, yeeee

Luckily I don't have any multiple choice for A-Levels.
Original post by rachelc142
Firmed and insured my uni choices today :biggrin: so exciting and a bit scary hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester and Bristol?
Original post by Bude8
I heard especially in electronic engineering, you'll see complex numbers until your eyes bleed :lol:

Physics mocks done! Multiple choice was quite tricky, but the long written paper was ok. Finished with quite some time at the end so I was a bit bored :indiff:

At least they're over :smile: yeah haha always the case I find in maths mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox
Luckily I don't have any multiple choice for A-Levels.

Manchester and Bristol?

Yep! So excited :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JustaDreamer

How did they go?

At least they're over :smile: yeah haha always the case I find in maths mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile

IB Maths is by far the hardest subject for me, even though I spend the most time studying it (more than double the hours I spend on chemistry and physics combined!) I'm still not getting solid 6s :frown: Time is a huge issue in IB exams, but I'm becoming better practiced over time so I think I definitely will be about to get a 6 in my real exam, or maybe even a 7 :lol:
Original post by Bude8
How did they go?

IB Maths is by far the hardest subject for me, even though I spend the most time studying it (more than double the hours I spend on chemistry and physics combined!) I'm still not getting solid 6s :frown: Time is a huge issue in IB exams, but I'm becoming better practiced over time so I think I definitely will be about to get a 6 in my real exam, or maybe even a 7 :lol:

How do IB grade boundaries work? Like eg for gcses the A* is top 8% in the country, is a 6/7 like a top level? :smile: always been curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do IB grade boundaries work? Like eg for gcses the A* is top 8% in the country, is a 6/7 like a top level? :smile: always been curious

Posted from TSR Mobile

roughly 75% for a 7 which is the highest grade, should give you an idea of how hard the questions are :tongue:
6 is around 65-75%

On my first ever IB Maths test I got a 4 :colondollar:

Generally, around 8% of people get 7s in the Maths, Chemistry and Physics (I think Biology has like 3%!)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
roughly 75% for a 7 which is the highest grade, should give you an idea of how hard the questions are :tongue:
6 is around 65-75%

On my first ever IB Maths test I got a 4 :colondollar:

Ohhhh right! Wow yeah sounds hard! No shame in that my first AS physics assessment was an E :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhhh right! Wow yeah sounds hard! No shame in that my first AS physics assessment was an E :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen 31 mark questions where an entire paper is out of 120 marks :redface: they're good fun though :lol:
Is there a time limit for choosing firm/insurance after receiving decisions from all unis?
Original post by Red Fox
Is there a time limit for choosing firm/insurance after receiving decisions from all unis?

It's some time in may

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you think universities would disregard an A prediction when it will be mentioned in my reference that i got 300/300, and expect me to get an A*?
It's some time in may

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh that's fine then, thanks.
Original post by Bude8

Original post by Red Fox

Just a heads up, never insurance your phones with protect my bubble :lol:
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Just a heads up, never insurance your phones with protect my bubble :lol:

I don't think I even have phone insurance :lol:

Latest