The Student Room Group

He's ignoring me right?

Okay, long story short, I haven't talked to him in since Sunday because he hasn't come online but I have been messaging him like crazy though, everyday at least a few times on FB though :redface:

Now, I don't have a phone currently because I lost mine :colondollar: so I can't text him nor can I phone him either

And the FB symbol under his name (green for online, mobile phone for on messenger, blah, blah, blah) is on the mobile phone symbol but there's no timing (like 1 minute ago, 1 hour ago, about 2 hours ago, 55 minutes ago, blah blah blah blah) BUT he posted something on his wall, not a message but a YouTube video (since he uses messenger)

Now I've known him for like 9 months online and there has been occasions when he hasn't spoken to me for more than a week (once more than a month) because he was sick :redface:
But he usually messages me back whenever he's sick or busy or isn't able to talk to me on FB.

I haven't received any messages and he hasn't even looked at my messages nor is his online status symbol changed :redface:

So he's ignoring me right? :mad:
:angry:

Or am I overreacting? :colondollar: Is he actually sick or is just ignoring me and I'm not important to him?

Its been about 4-5 days so I would expect a message of somes ort from him
Reply 1
EDIT - Since he's on messenger, I know he gets notified about messages and stuff
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, long story short, I haven't talked to him in since Sunday because he hasn't come online but I have been messaging him like crazy though, everyday at least a few times on FB though :redface:

Now, I don't have a phone currently because I lost mine :colondollar: so I can't text him nor can I phone him either

And the FB symbol under his name (green for online, mobile phone for on messenger, blah, blah, blah) is on the mobile phone symbol but there's no timing (like 1 minute ago, 1 hour ago, about 2 hours ago, 55 minutes ago, blah blah blah blah) BUT he posted something on his wall, not a message but a YouTube video (since he uses messenger)

Now I've known him for like 9 months online and there has been occasions when he hasn't spoken to me for more than a week (once more than a month) because he was sick :redface:
But he usually messages me back whenever he's sick or busy or isn't able to talk to me on FB.

I haven't received any messages and he hasn't even looked at my messages nor is his online status symbol changed :redface:

So he's ignoring me right? :mad:

Or am I overreacting? :colondollar: Is he actually sick or is just ignoring me and I'm not important to him?

Its been about 4-5 days so I would expect a message of somes ort from him

I would chill out on all the messages and not send so many, he might start messaging you again if it seems like you don't want his attention... sometimes you don't get notifications from messenger though so it depends if he's got them turned on. But it does sound like he might be ignoring you a bit if I'm being honest:mad: I would leave it for a few days and if he wants to message you he will, and find your phone he might already have done!:wink:
Right.
no offence but you sound clingy
Sounds like he might be ignoring you. Don't message him again, the ball is in his court now.
Reply 6
Original post by Danny the Geezer
no offence but you sound clingy

This.
Leave him alone for a while. Guys really can't stand clingy girls.
Reply 8

Agree with the other posters. I would add:

1) Get a phone or use someone else's. This is never an excuse. Facebook will always be just facebook.

2) Your importance to him has nothing to do with anything. Even if he doesn't want to talk to you that does not mean you're not important to him. For example, a lot of the time when I want to relax I don't also want to talk to my parents. Are they important to me? Absolutely.
Reply 9
Original post by xylas

2) Your importance to him has nothing to do with anything. Even if he doesn't want to talk to you that does not mean you're not important to him. For example, a lot of the time when I want to relax I don't also want to talk to my parents. Are they important to me? Absolutely.

But you wouldn't not talk to them for more than 5 days?
The way I see it

If I'm actually important to him, it would mean that he'd actually give a crap and care about my feelings which would mean that he wouldn't not talk to me for more than 5 days and actually attempt to message me and not be sharing YouTube videos

But the way I see it though, I'm not important because he hasn't bothered messaging me at all but bothers to share YouTube videos and like other people's photos and stuff

I just feel so unwanted right now :cry2:

Am I overthinking it?
Reply 11
But you wouldn't not talk to them for more than 5 days?

You don't live with your boyfriend so that's not even a question. If I didn't live with my parents however (just like my parents don't live with my grandparents) of course I might not speak to them for 5 days. That is very normal.
I'd ease off and in word let him miss you..you're giving him room to breathe and miss you. He might see what you're doing a form of stalking him and being clingy!! Esp if I'm reading this right having never met and only talked online. You're potentially giving him the wrong impression of yourself! So take a step back for your own peace of mind and sanity :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
OP you are obsessing about this guy and thats never a good sign.

Im not surprised he is not messaging you as he can probably smell your desperation, which I can too from reading your post.

Take a step back, stop the communication for a bit, and get on with other things in life.

When you are ready, arrange to meet up and see how you get on, dont just keep it to messages, unless you are very young or something?
Don't make a big deal for it. And, You are not supposed to text him like crazy. Only two message would be more than enough. You give him his space. if he cares about you, and apparently he does so. Rest in peace, he will come back to you again. You draw a big smile in your face, and chill out. :smile:
How old are you...?

Tbh, if someone was messaging me numerous times a day, I would be put off replying to them. IMO, the only time that's acceptable is when something horrible has happened - like someone has died. But otherwise it's just a bit scary. Why do you need to talk to him so badly?
Original post by anonymous
okay, long story short, i haven't talked to him in since sunday because he hasn't come online but i have been messaging him like crazy though, everyday at least a few times on fb though :redface:

now, i don't have a phone currently because i lost mine :colondollar: so i can't text him nor can i phone him either

and the fb symbol under his name (green for online, mobile phone for on messenger, blah, blah, blah) is on the mobile phone symbol but there's no timing (like 1 minute ago, 1 hour ago, about 2 hours ago, 55 minutes ago, blah blah blah blah) but he posted something on his wall, not a message but a youtube video (since he uses messenger)

now i've known him for like 9 months online and there has been occasions when he hasn't spoken to me for more than a week (once more than a month) because he was sick :redface:
but he usually messages me back whenever he's sick or busy or isn't able to talk to me on fb.

so he's ignoring me right? :mad:

or am i overreacting? :colondollar: is he actually sick or is just ignoring me and i'm not important to him?

Its been about 4-5 days so i would expect a message of somes ort from him

bro idk what ur onna bout

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending