The Student Room Group

Dealing with rejection

I've got 4 rejections:bawling::bawling:, is this the end of the world ??????
Nope. You can apply through clearing i guess. But rejection is not the end of the world, maybe you were unlucky and the courses you applied for were already full up maybe? I'm sure if you get good grades there will be a place for you in clearing? I'm not really sure how it works.

What uni's did you apply to?
What course did you apply for? Where? What are you predicted? What are their standard offers?
Original post by Renss

I think you could also reapply through UCAS extra

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Renss

Original post by frances98
I think you could also reapply through UCAS extra

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can apply through UCAS Extra when it opens sometime in February -- check the UCAS website for the exact date. All courses with space available are complied into a list and you have to apply one course at a time until you get an offer. To do this I think you have to phone up the uni and see if that course really does have places available, because sometimes courses are put on the list automatically when they are actually full up.
Reply 5
Original post by Renss

No, it's not, I coped with my rejection letter by writing this spoof response, have a look, it might cheer you up: http://izinspired.com/2015/01/07/dear-oxford-university-a-student-scorned/

Hope Extra or Adjustment works really well for you x
Reply 6
Original post by Izin
No, it's not, I coped with my rejection letter by writing this spoof response, have a look, it might cheer you up: http://izinspired.com/2015/01/07/dear-oxford-university-a-student-scorned/

LOOOL, that spoof ;D

Congrats on getting accepted by your other offers, and hopefully I get accepted by my last uni
Reply 7
Original post by themaster10
Nope. You can apply through clearing i guess. But rejection is not the end of the world, maybe you were unlucky and the courses you applied for were already full up maybe? I'm sure if you get good grades there will be a place for you in clearing? I'm not really sure how it works.

What uni's did you apply to?

Hopefully, I the grades this year
Kings, city, Middlesex, Greenwich
Reply 8
Original post by Olympiad
What course did you apply for? Where? What are you predicted? What are their standard offers?

Child Nursing and I wasn't predicted that great :/
Original post by Renss

You did apply for five unis right? If you did you may get an offer letter but anyway that's not the point, there is always the UCAS extras and clearing and you're bound to get in. Anyways good luck :smile:
Original post by Izin

Ooooooh it's you who wrote it! I saw your post on Twitter :tongue:

Original post by Renss
Child Nursing and I wasn't predicted that great :/

That's okay. You have a lot of options:

Ucas extra
wait to hear from your 5th
Work hard, go through adjustment in August
Take a Gap year and reapply to university which match your grades (which also means you'll get unconditional offers because you will have already achieved the grades)
Original post by Renss

Apply in ucas extra! Did you apply for a course with grades that were to high for you to achieve or did you apply to a competitive curse like medicine? Maybe try to be more realistic if it was the former. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by themaster10
maybe you were unlucky and the courses you applied for were already full up maybe?

I thought everyone was equally considered as long as the applied before the deadline?
Original post by myaccount
I thought everyone was equally considered as long as the applied before the deadline?

They are, and Ucas comes down heavily on any university that doesn't abide by this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending