The Student Room Group

Starting to talk to a certain girl

Hi,
Im in lower sixth and i really like this girl in upper sixth. Ive seen her smile at me and shes been being nice in general. Anyway i was wondering what I should do, i get like 1 lesson a week with her so there isn't much time to talk. What do you think i should do? Pop up on facebook with a simple hello? or just approach her at school (the problem is what do i say). This may sound petty or sad but i don't really know who to ask.
Thanks in advance guys :smile:))
If there's ever pairwork, then try to use it as an opportunity to be next to her.

If there's no seating plan then ask if you could sit next to her.

If there's a kind of common room or lunch place where you could interact with her then that's cool too.

Remember to give her a reason to talk to you, or 'hook' her. This way you'll be able to add her on Facebook and things'll go from there, but play it cool.

I liked a girl and the first time we spoke was when she was walking to the bus stop and I managed to say hi. I knew she was really good at Chemistry and could've done with some support for a maths module that she was self teaching, so I offered to meet up with her (though not on the very first time that we spoke!) to 'exchange services', though I only ever recall studying Maths with her, but it worked really well and I'm glad it happened. That's one way of 'hooking' her, but I'm sure there's other stuff like finding out about common interests or just working together.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
If there's ever pairwork, then try to use it as an opportunity to be next to her.

If there's no seating plan then ask if you could sit next to her.

If there's a kind of common room or lunch place where you could interact with her then that's cool too.

Remember to give her a reason to talk to you, or 'hook' her. This way you'll be able to add her on Facebook and things'll go from there, but play it cool.

I liked a girl and the first time we spoke was when she was walking to the bus stop and I managed to say hi. I knew she was really good at Chemistry and could've done with some support for a maths module that she was self teaching, so I offered to meet up with her (though not on the very first time that we spoke!) to 'exchange services', though I only ever recall studying Maths with her, but it worked really well and I'm glad it happened. That's one way of 'hooking' her, but I'm sure there's other stuff like finding out about common interests or just working together.

thanks mate, hope it goes well :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending