The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by felamaslen
No, God didn't create you because he doesn't exist.

There is nothing wrong with being gay.

There is something wrong with bigoted religious beliefs which teach you that you were created by an imaginary god who supposedly thinks it is wrong for you to act on the perfectly legitimate desires that he himself (supposedly) imposed upon you.

Someday gays, atheists, apostates and blasphemers will be free to live their lives no matter what country they find themselves in. Someday the Islamic world will be free. Whether by then it will still be "Islamic" I do not know. Neither do I care.

People another genius overhere. She should be able to make her own decision over islam. just to let you know; islam respects gays and atheist and evryone else. if our religion means peace and nor am i here to judge anyone no matter what. But when people 'claim' they know islam like you do, looooool someone who has never read the book but read on the internet about islam; hypocrisy at its finest mate. Let her do what she wants, why does studentroom idiots have so many people who apparently understand islam.....just to say gays; atheist and apostates are free to live their world, islam means no harm to them, but if you persist to say islam does not approve of gays; then you can say 75% of the WORLD POPULATION does not approve of gays; as CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISIM says similar if not STRONGER beliefs towards gays; so i dont know hat you make of that. Im not saying dont be gay but have a think and see what happens
Original post by Skip_Snip
In the twenty-first century West, no-one with a brainstem sees being gay as bad.

Wonder who someone that worships a long dead paedo is to call anyone an abomination.

Exactly :smile:

the disgusting words out of your mouth; you didnt need to be rude or disrespect our prophet by saying that; like i said if islam has offended you in anyway, then i apologise for that, but disrespecting islam to get your point of view is stooping VERY LOW, and ignorant but like isaod if islam has offeneded you in anyway then i apologise then
Original post by Lifeislong
People another genius overhere. She should be able to make her own decision over islam. just to let you know; islam respects gays and atheist and evryone else. if our religion means peace and nor am i here to judge anyone no matter what. But when people 'claim' they know islam like you do, looooool someone who has never read the book but read on the internet about islam; hypocrisy at its finest mate. Let her do what she wants, why does studentroom idiots have so many people who apparently understand islam.....just to say gays; atheist and apostates are free to live their world, islam means no harm to them, but if you persist to say islam does not approve of gays; then you can say 75% of the WORLD POPULATION does not approve of gays; as CHRISTIANITY AND JUDAISIM says similar if not STRONGER beliefs towards gays; so i dont know hat you make of that. Im not saying dont be gay but have a think and see what happens

Sure, Judaism and Christianity are also homophobic. But most Christian societies have succumbed to the Western enlightenment (with the notable exceptions of many sub-Saharan African countries, such as Uganda, and also to some extent Russia). These societies are now evidence-based, and allow gays, atheists etc. to be free. Israel, the only majority-Jewish country, was set up according to Western principles more than Jewish principles, and also gives freedom to these people.

Islamic countries, by contrast, are mostly stuck in the middle ages. They do not recognise the superiority of Western principles, and still persecute innocent gays, atheists, apostates and blasphemers (as well as others).
Sure, Judaism and Christianity are also homophobic. But most Christian societies have succumbed to the Western enlightenment (with the notable exceptions of many sub-Saharan African countries, such as Uganda, and also to some extent Russia). These societies are now evidence-based, and allow gays, atheists etc. to be free. Israel, the only majority-Jewish country, was set up according to Western principles more than Jewish principles, and also gives freedom to these people.

Islamic countries, by contrast, are mostly stuck in the middle ages. They do not recognise the superiority of Western principles, and still persecute innocent gays, atheists, apostates and blasphemers (as well as others).

i can see you have some sort of personal agenda towards islam, maybe the fact that we are the fastest growing religion in the world; with millions of people converting on a yearly basis unlike other religions. You are mixing CULTURE within the countries you stated with ISLAM. Please understand that cultural rituals are condoned against our religion. The fact that Killing atheist is a NOT ALLOWED, IT IS PROHIBITED. Understand that islam is for the people not against it. Your not distinguishing culture and islam as two separte entites, merely you are joining these two together and making a ridiculous statement. Like i said before you have some strong view against islam, you should actually understand the religion by reading the book, and making your own judgement, instead of coming up with all of these statements.
Original post by Skip_Snip
You don't need to apologise for an ancient cult. Or in the case of Old Mo, an ancient c**t.

Again stoop low and have hatred towards islam; shows the character of you as a man; but like i said to say such words to someone that played a big part in our religion is quite rude, like i said the people of studentroom actually believe the stuff people come out with; without actually reading the source where it came from. but say what you will, and funny how the moderators are just looking at this and doing nothing; i came here to give advice and yet you come here to take the piss; maybe the media is influencing your view on islam and how it affects the view on studentroom and probably the moderators.
Again stoop low and have hatred towards islam; shows the character of you as a man; but like i said to say such words to someone that played a big part in our religion is quite rude, like i said the people of studentroom actually believe the stuff people come out with; without actually reading the source where it came from. but say what you will, and funny how the moderators are just looking at this and doing nothing; i came here to give advice and yet you come here to take the piss; maybe the media is influencing your view on islam and how it affects the view on studentroom and probably the moderators.

I'm more concerned about the people who suffer as a result than the religion itself.
Reply 26
Original post by suirrel
Except one can't be "cured" of being bisexual. It's like saying you can be cured for having brown hair - sure, you can bleach it blonde, but it damages the hair and you can't keep the facade up for long. :smile:

Ok, non-believer.
i can see you have some sort of personal agenda towards islam, maybe the fact that we are the fastest growing religion in the world; with millions of people converting on a yearly basis unlike other religions. You are mixing CULTURE within the countries you stated with ISLAM. Please understand that cultural rituals are condoned against our religion. The fact that Killing atheist is a NOT ALLOWED, IT IS PROHIBITED. Understand that islam is for the people not against it. Your not distinguishing culture and islam as two separte entites, merely you are joining these two together and making a ridiculous statement. Like i said before you have some strong view against islam, you should actually understand the religion by reading the book, and making your own judgement, instead of coming up with all of these statements.

Sure, it is tolerant, liberal Western culture which Islamic countries sorely lack and should adopt.
For gods sake be careful.
I just want to add another thing here; you are saying that the RELIGION CHANGED FOR THE PEOPLE and their VIEWS, so why cant humans adapt to the teachings of religion; you are also implying that because religion changed for man and that believers are picking and choosing what to believe, thus both christianity and judaism have MAJORITY WEAK BELIEVERS, is that not so? Another thing is that; is it because that muslims ACTUALLY TRY TO FOLLOW ISLAM, and not pick and choose, i think there lies your answer. Majority of muslims TRY to implemnt islam in their life, while followers of other religion love to pick and choose.

I'd much prefer people to pick and choose and let their own heads overrule ancient, ignorant barbarism, which is much of what is contained within the "holy" books of the three Abrahamic religions (and all other religions, in fact - although not so ancient in some cases).

What you are saying about Muslims may well be true, but it is not admirable. Blindly accepting the contents of an ancient book as truth, with no level of scepticism, is not admirable. It is pernicious and naive. It is why the Islamic world is held back so far behind the modern world - it refuses to accept the idiocy of its own ideas and the superiority of others'. This arrogance harms its own people more than anybody else.
Original post by catsis
Ok, non-believer.

It doesn't matter whether someone's a believer or non-believer, sexuality cannot be cured.
Original post by suudsioee
hey fellow humans

so this is me. Trying to find an answer. A solution.

what do you do when you want something so unbelievably bad but you cant have that because the world makes it out to be a bad thing?

what do you do when you have an urge that is illegal in most of the world?

what do you do when you feel so trapped and alone in your own mind?

when you cant share your secret because then you will become a secret. A secret buried six feet underground.

who do you have to talk to when you believe everyone will cut you out of their lives?

where can you go when you don't want to leave home?

who do you be when you cant be yourself?

when you cant go a day without censoring your life. your actions. your words. your dress code.

how should you feel when everyday you are told that being yourself is an abomination?

when you pray with all you have to god that you could be different but your prayers are left unanswered?

what do you do with all these unanswered questions?

what do you do when you start hating yourself for something you cannot help but be?

its not my fault, I was made that way.

whose fault is it?

my parents? nature or nurture, they play a part.

god? he created me didn't he?

or just maybe, its not something that should be blamed on someone because just maybe its not a bad thing and just maybe i can be myself and just MAYBE... i can be happy.

What are your opinions on heterosexuality? Do you think its normal?
Hey, you're OK. Your sexuality is a part of you and you were born with it. Your religion isn't. If it makes you happy and a better human being, that's great, but don't let it destroy your life. Religion is there for you, not vice versa.
Original post by catsis
Well you can pray to be 'cured'.

Original post by Anonynous
Ask Allah, he will guide you to be straight or atleast help you keep your desires secret insha'Allah.

I don't think you guys read the OP thoroughly enough.
I'm not going to help you derail this thread further.

What are your opinions about the Tower Hamlets College ISOC? Do you think they are hostile or friendly? What do they think about LGBT and apostates? I heard they can be quite bad natured.
Original post by Raymat
What are your opinions about the Tower Hamlets College ISOC? Do you think they are hostile or friendly? What do they think about LGBT and apostates? I heard they can be quite bad natured.

I don't know, I never came into much contact with it or people from it. Is this relevant to the thread?
I don't know, I never came into much contact with it or people from it. Is this relevant to the thread?

No, but was just asking, wanted to know specifically about the THC ISOC, thanks anyway :smile:.
Reply 37
Original post by Raymat
What are your opinions on heterosexuality? Do you think its normal?

hmm yh i mean its all around me and that's all I've been taught to know
Original post by suudsioee
hmm yh i mean its all around me and that's all I've been taught to know

Do you think its natural?
Reply 39
Original post by Viridiana
Religion is there for you, not vice versa.

wow never thought of it like that. thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending