The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahmed7991
Anyone doing their A2 mock exams this month?

Yup :frown: 9 mocks

Edit: lol I've just realised I didn't read the question properly. Mine are in first week of Feb.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
Oh right yeah, my bad. Either way, I won't be going :lol:

Thinking about my interviews now they were just so average, I didn't make any huge mistakes but I was just really slow. It was probably because all advice I'd had said to keep calm, take your time and say what you're thinking out loud.

I probably came across as really stupid, if I was to do it again I'd just be my normal self and do everything quickly without the fear of making mistakes.
Original post by Red Fox
Thinking about my interviews now they were just so average, I didn't make any huge mistakes but I was just really slow. It was probably because all advice I'd had said to keep calm, take your time and say what you're thinking out loud.

I probably came across as really stupid, if I was to do it again I'd just be my normal self and do everything quickly without the fear of making mistakes.

Yeah, content was easy but I felt really slow. If I ran through the problems with my physics teacher, I'd do a lot better :lol:
Reply 5943
Original post by techno836
Current Year 13 Thread Mark I

Okay so I'm not sure how I posted this without actually posting it :lol:

Final year for us all (hopefully) which will probably be the hardest, not to mention how busy we are at the start of the year with UCAS, personal statements and some you's still deciding what you want to do, but I'm sure most of us here actually know what this thread is for, if you don't open this list.

List

Now I thought like last year we should all have our own mini briefing of our UCAS applications, so if you could PM your details like mine below and also include your University course and 18th Birthday :smile: I will add them to the expansion :h:

UCAS Applications

Best of luck to everyone regarding their studies and application, my favourite part of this will to hopefully see us all succeed when I get to update the expansions :awesome: :woo:

Have a great year everyone :h:

If anyone does get a rejection from a uni, maybe reading through my spoof response to my uni rejection letter will cheer you up : http://izinspired.com/2015/01/07/dear-oxford-university-a-student-scorned/

Don't worry, we're all still fab
Reply 5944
Could some fellow just give me an helpful description of the feasibility of reactions as i'm having a right mare
Original post by ahmed7991
Anyone doing their A2 mock exams this month?

Next week!
Original post by Benn96
Could some fellow just give me an helpful description of the feasibility of reactions as i'm having a right mare

What exactly do you mean by feasibility?

Something like:

A + A + B --> A2B

is an unlikely reaction because it involves a termolecular collision?

Or things like delta G being negative?
Original post by Bude8
What exactly do you mean by feasibility?

Something like:

A + A + B --> A2B

is an unlikely reaction because it involves a termolecular collision?

Or things like delta G being negative?

It's probably electrochemical cells and standard emfs
Original post by Red Fox
Get back to me in a week after mocks and I'll let you know, I actually have no idea if I'm actually doing well or not for sciences lol. Maths is all fine though.

We're on the same boat :tongue: All my mocks next week yet only confident I'll do well on maths :lol:
Original post by H.Ibrahim
We're on the same boat :tongue: All my mocks next week yet only confident I'll do well on maths :lol:

I did my maths ones before the holidays got a B in M3:frown: but an A* in every other unit. Probably get Bs and Cs in sciences.
Original post by Red Fox
I did my maths ones before the holidays got a B in M3:frown: but an A* in every other unit. Probably get Bs and Cs in sciences.

Oh I don't do F.Maths but kinda wish I did now, also don't worry 4 months of prep time left! You'll do well and open the doors of (Insert College name)

Just realised how far Girton College is :lol: no h8 2 girton colleeeesh, nuffin but luv 4 u!
Oh I don't do F.Maths but kinda wish I did now, also don't worry 4 months of prep time left! You'll do well and open the doors of (Insert College name)

Just realised how far Girton College is :lol: no h8 2 girton colleeeesh, nuffin but luv 4 u!

Emmanuel:tongue:

Girton is miles away.
Original post by Red Fox
Emmanuel:tongue:

Girton is miles away.

Emma is a nice college :smile:

There's not much school time left, going to miss everyone when they are off to uni. What are your thoughts as we are approaching the end of our mandatory education?
Emma is a nice college :smile:

There's not much school time left, going to miss everyone when they are off to uni. What are your thoughts as we are approaching the end of our mandatory education?

What colege are you thinking of applying to?

I am excited for uni but sad to leave school after 14 years so a bit of a mix of emotions.
Original post by Red Fox
What colege are you thinking of applying to?

I am excited for uni but sad to leave school after 14 years so a bit of a mix of emotions.

Churchill, though I heard really dodgy things about what BMAT score they want :lol:
Yeah I am excited to explore the world, but then again I know I will miss everything up to that point.
Churchill, though I heard really dodgy things about what BMAT score they want :lol:
Yeah I am excited to explore the world, but then again I know I will miss everything up to that point.

Churchill is definitely the ugliest college:lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Churchill is definitely the ugliest college:lol:

Yes but it's "Modern" right??? :lol: Lots of facilities, not going to lie though, not the most of prettiest of colleges.
Yes but it's "Modern" right??? :lol: Lots of facilities, not going to lie though, not the most of prettiest of colleges.

Haven't actually visited it though, only seen it on google images.
Original post by Red Fox
Haven't actually visited it though, only seen it on google images.

But hey, it's not about how pretty the place is, it's about the education right? I mean that's the whole point of uni or maybe its to join the rowing club like real men :colone:
But hey, it's not about how pretty the place is, it's about the education right? I mean that's the whole point of uni or maybe its to join the rowing club like real men :colone:

No the looks of a college are the most important thing:lol:. It even has ducks!

Latest