The Student Room Group

Feeling accepted in Britain (for ethnic minorities)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ProudEnglishman
And if all you care about is a man's wealth, then you are truly poor, capitalist scum. You certainly live up to your surname, Rothschild.

Oh dear, it would appear we have someone hear that also believes in the Illuminati theories...
I'm not going to say I've had dealings with the Rothschilds (that would sound much to secretive and make me seem much more important than I am), but I have talked to several Rothschilds, and I can tell you now that what you claim they are is not true, in fact, I'd say they are the very opposite.
Original post by l1lvink
The quotation marks were meant as I consider "Brit" a colloquialism of British person.
As an English person, I doubt that you would notice yourself (or more likely other people), thinking less of those of another culture (I imagine that if I do this, I wouldn't notice this). Also, I'm not saying that everyone does this; due to your being here, I am assuming that you are of average or above intelligence, and with that, often comes a certain understanding and tolerance of other cultures, so therefore I doubt that you would be one of the people that does this.
As for the learning of languages, I'd say that most people around the world would leave their country for any reason other than holiday, so in terms of that, England isn't exclusively the only one.
You mentioned that nobody in England thinks of their country as a superpower, yet why then do a large amount of people the world over also learn English? And why do the English still expect them to learn a foreign language? So perhaps you don't think of England as a superpower, but the connotations of it are still very firmly there.
I took French for 8 years (A* at GCSE), but yet I can barely enough French to order an icecream or ask for directions to the cinema, yet my family in the Netherlands go to courses at Uni taught in English. My school does not offer German as a language, but I know a handful of people who are doing German at A2 level, and still I can speak German better than them...
Yorkshire? North? Bah, go back to your Surrey mansion you lowland land lover! I live in the real North, where I am one of three pupils who'm do not have an English passport, one of three of whose first language in not English, all that in a school of 1000 pupils (that would amount to 99.7% of population being English).

Just use the word “Briton” then. :smile: We are free to think what we want of other cultures, just as we are everything else; going out of one's way, however, to offend others is completely illogical. There is a difference between being “tolerant” of other cultures when we come into contact with them seldom, and opposing having them rammed down our throats to the point at which our own indigenous culture is displaced by these foreign ones along with the artificial, rootless, consumeristic, hedonistic culture of modernity.

To quote a great Englishman:

I suspect that English is so widely spoken internationally due to it being the language that most Americans speak, and most members of the Anglosphere as a whole, and the fact that the world is being Americanised (think of the spread of Latin). So it is nought to do with England somehow still being a “superpower” nor whether we think we are still or not.

I most certainly do not expect non-English folk outside of England to learn English; quite simply, I would not be able to speak with them otherwise which is perfectly fine with me. For every Russian, for example, who can barely speak English, do you suppose I weep in the absence of such capability? I do not. There are plenty of English speakers, such as yourself, with whom to converse; and, of course, plenty of English folk with whom to converse.

Explain to me why the ordinary working-class English man or woman needs to learn other languages if all they will ever be is a citizen of Britain? It is simply illogical to ask it of them; they'd tell you to piss off, and they'd then precede to resume their daily-dose of Coronation Street or Eastenders.

Where is this “real North” then? Also, stop saying “who'm”; in the context in which you used this, it ought to have been “who”. “who'm” is not a word; “whom”, however, is, but would have been incorrect within that grammatical context .
Original post by JulianRothschild
Wealth equals freedom.

Nikolas Tesla would not have been welcomed with open arms, as at that specific stage in his life, he would not be the famous 'Nikolas Tesla'. He would have been viewed an immigrant by the natives.

Why do you think he chose to immigrate to America?

Anyway. This thread is pointless. Close it.

One only needs a certain amount of wealth and the correct worldview to achieve freedom. If Tesla was not of any use to the natives at the time when he would have supposedly sought to come here, then I see no reason why he'd need to be let in. If he came as someone of prestige at that time, then fair enough. Although, as a fellow European, I cannot imagine he'd have much of a problem assimilating nor would he introduce any deviation to the genepool.
Why will someone have a go at you. Can't they see your pretty :smile:.
Yes.

You are a disgrace to this great nation.
Original post by queen-bee
I don't need it but thanks anyway :smile:

Lol.

Always need to have the last word.
Original post by DiddyDec
You are a disgrace to this great nation.

This nation is a mere murky shadow of its former, greater self. And as I said to someone else: by whose veritable authority am I a “disgrace to this great nation”?
This nation is a mere murky shadow of its former, greater self. And as I said to someone else: by whose veritable authority am I a “disgrace to this great nation”?

My own opinion.

I cant tell if you're a troll or just very racist....I just looked you up and you're taking ur a2s...ur 17/18 and ur spouting these views already:eek: what are you going to be like when u become an adult....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
My own opinion.

I, of course, disagree, but fair enough.
Original post by elhm1800
I cant tell if you're a troll or just very racist....I just looked you up and you're taking ur a2s...ur 17/18 and ur spouting these views already:eek: what are you going to be like when u become an adult....

Posted from TSR Mobile

This if all goes well:
This if all goes well:

An enoch powell in our midst...how interesting.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

Always need to have the last word.

Always,Oscar
This if all goes well:

Let's be reality here, you're most likely some inbred looking town dweller that believes in the one drop of minority blood rule. Secretly, you feel threatened and underneath the superiority complex you unconsciously feel inferior about your inferior aesthetics. It's ok though mate, people are sympathetic towards the inbred. It's not your fault you most likely look a bit weird.
Reply 294
So today,I went out to the pharmacy to get some essentials etc and as I was walking back home I came across two guys who seemed to look normal at first sight. One of them then just suddenly came up to me and started asking questions about where i'm from and then went on to insult my background after I told him I was part middle eastern and part italian. He also blamed 'my people' for the Paris attack today and was rambling on and on,bearing in my mind this was in a shop and everyone could hear and see the harsh racist comments he was making. He said stuff like 'oh you will never be british,no matter what you or you people do to try to fit in'...
so after I left the store and got home, I started thinking further about what he was saying. I mean I may have been born here but I don't even feel british at all! I've never dated a fully british guy for this reason I guess. I mean, I follow a similar culture(drinking,partying,how I dress etc) but will ethnic minorities ever be accepted into british society?! Do those on this forum who were born into ethnic families feel like they are accepted or do you still feel like an outsider?

heyy, i have a similar background to you and tbh nothing like this has ever happened to me, I'm a boy so if things like this ever happened to me, i know i'd get crazy being the fool i am. but, ur a girl(seem like a pretty one too), like y would they say stuff like that? thats ridiculous, i would have expected them to try and chat u up instead of talking s*** like that. listen, don't ever fall into the trap of u needing to date a british/english guy to feel or be british. have a relationship with whoever, they ain't gotta be white. you're british by paper but middle eastern/italian by nature. nowadays, this whole 'racism' thing is kept quiet, but back in the day it was a whole different story, people were mad. racism will never EVER fade away, people will always have it on their mind but won't say it, but some do....as you experienced. see that, there bringing up anything to try and violate...lol and you want a british BF. Just the other day i saw a couple (a white man and an indian lady) they were in a parking lot and were going to drive into their space when another man(who was indian) had made it into the space by overtaking them, the white man jumps out of his car and asks him to get out, the indian man refuses and the white man says: ''stupid indian, go back to where u came from''.....how ironic when his wife is indian too?? see do u get the picture now...

answering your last question, i feel i am more accepted in society than way back in the day, i'm thankful i wasn't around then, but there are times where i do feel like an outsider....u just gotta live with it...some crazy ppl in this world...
Original post by Tom_Ford
Let's be reality here, you're most likely some inbred looking town dweller that believes in the one drop of minority blood rule. Secretly, you feel threatened and underneath the superiority complex you unconsciously feel inferior about your inferior aesthetics. It's ok though mate, people are sympathetic towards the inbred. It's not your fault you most likely look a bit weird.

Your response made me laugh
Your response made me laugh

I just said it to try and impress you. :u:

Original post by Tom_Ford
I just said it to try and impress you. :u:

I never had you down as a one directioner
This if all goes well:

Seriel killer
Rights do not exist as anything other than mere abstractions. However, as a native Englishman, I have the duty to perpetuate my people and thus my fatherland. By whose standards am I a disgrace to this country? Also, I do not care for the Orwellian buzzword, “racist”.

So Human Rights are negligible to you?
Right.

Just curious; but what do you actually contribute to society?

I wonder if your morals relating to other issues are just as reprehensible.

You saying I and all other people who do not have a 100% genetic basis within their own country, most likely a massive proportion of the country, should be ousted. You hold the most ridiculous and confused ideals.

Your caring for genes and skin colour, rather than contribution to OUR society, is also absolutely absurd, and vile.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending