The Student Room Group

Should the UK take steps to ensure there is never an Islamic-majority UK population?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elhm1800
Haha soz typo. 'Im pretty sure they are there if u look for them' was the intention. ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

No bother I'm just glad you took it the right way. I couldn't resist saying it.

I'm sure they're around, I've probably seen a face in a crowd who was a white Muslim but I would never have known.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
No bother I'm just glad you took it the right way. I couldn't resist saying it.

I'm sure they're around, I've probably seen a face in a crowd who was a white Muslim but I would never have known.

I guess they are a minority in this country....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by billydisco
Their fertility rate is higher than our's.......

I doubt it still will be significantly in 10-20 years looking at that graph.
Original post by Qari
And I don't think Sharia Law would be supported by Parliament/Government

That's the issue - Muslims of a certain political persuasion may one day have enough seats in the House of Commons (and maybe the Lords, if it hasn't been abolished by then) to implement Sharia law or at least give Muslims the right to choose a Sharia court instead of an established one.

I've always argued with those friends who take an interest in these matters that we need a codified constitution in this country because, at present, as long as you can get a majority in Parliament, you can pass any legislation, no matter how objectionable, without challenge. A constitution would allow Sharia law, if implemented by a majority in Parliament, to be challenged in court and defeated. That is, of course, if the constitution doesn't have some idiotic provision for 'respecting the individual's right to seek justice in a religious court of law.' -_-
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by HAnwar
Ameen.

How can you actually want this to happen ? I don't understand why you would ever want a Sharia led country...especially as a woman!
Original post by Thechillyone
How can you actually want this to happen ? I don't understand why you would ever want a Sharia led country...especially as a woman!

Because I'm a Muslim?
Original post by billydisco
An Islamic-majority UK population means a Islamic-majority will can be enforced on the whole country through a political party representing those who worship Islam (would probably be Labour actually).

Should the UK adopt policies to ensure the UK never has a Islamic-majority population?

ps Yes I did mean to duplicate the poll options!

If the UK did this, how do you think the UK should go about it?
Original post by HAnwar
Because I'm a Muslim?

I guess. I'll extend my question to 'why would you ever want to believe in Islam' then! This coming from someone who has gone from being muslim->agnostic. Not picking on Islam I despise all organised Religion. It's just that Sharia Law is so blatantly barbaric and outdated ( sorry I'm honestly not trying to offend ) and I've never understood why people would ever want to impose this law on themselves.

Just gonna clarify I'm genuinely interested and not trying to be offensive so sorry if my wording was harsh!
Original post by Thechillyone
I guess. I'll extend my question to 'why would you ever want to believe in Islam' then! This coming from someone who has gone from being muslim->agnostic. Not picking on Islam I despise all organised Religion. It's just that Sharia Law is so blatantly barbaric and outdated ( sorry I'm honestly not trying to offend ) and I've never understood why people would ever want to impose this law on themselves.

Just gonna clarify I'm genuinely interested and not trying to be offensive so sorry if my wording was harsh!

It's fine.

I would see why you think Sharia is outdated since you're living in a modern society where certain behaviour is being seen as more acceptable and there is less stigma attached to it. I don't see Sharia as outdated. If Allah wanted to give a more updated set of rules, he would've given us an updated Quran. There is a reason the Quran hasn't changed.

Why would I ever want to believe in Islam? Why would I ever not?
muslims are british enough for my liking.
Original post by HAnwar
It's fine.

I would see why you think Sharia is outdated since you're living in a modern society where certain behaviour is being seen as more acceptable and there is less stigma attached to it. I don't see Sharia as outdated. If Allah wanted to give a more updated set of rules, he would've given us an updated Quran. There is a reason the Quran hasn't changed.

Why would I ever want to believe in Islam? Why would I ever not?

I actually grew up in a pretty strict Islamic household! But have you never asked yourself why god would have a problem with Homosexuality for example? Or Adultery? These things you'd think are irrelevant to a being that has created skmething as vast as this Universe singlehandedly and has a neverending life! Also, stoning and amputation are very medieval forms of punishment don't you agree ?

What is that reason? Please don't say Allah said so give me an actual reason from yourself?

Because it is an extremely restrictive Religion and I've never felt like any sound proof was given for me to limit my life to that degree!

Cheers for replying btw:biggrin:
Gah, no.
Original post by neal95
absoloutely. the uk should take steps to ensure no minority group becomes a majority in the uk

People born in the 90s are currently a minority...
Original post by The Socktor
People born in the 90s are currently a minority...

Evidence?
Original post by Rakas21

Unfortunately I'm on my phone. Who is he and what is the context.

Bosnian Serb leader in the early 1990s. Claimed that Bosnia seceding from Yugoslavia would result in Bosnia sooner or later becoming an Islamic state governed by Sharia law, because ~45% of Bosnia's population was Muslim at the time. When Bosnian seceded, Karadzic and co began carving out their own Serb mini-state, triggering the Bosnian War and all its horrors.
You guys are so stressed about being taken over because that's what you did to a number of countries (e.g australia) Paranoia :smile:
Original post by anarchism101
Bosnian Serb leader in the early 1990s. Claimed that Bosnia seceding from Yugoslavia would result in Bosnia sooner or later becoming an Islamic state governed by Sharia law, because ~45% of Bosnia's population was Muslim at the time. When Bosnian seceded, Karadzic and co began carving out their own Serb mini-state, triggering the Bosnian War and all its horrors.

Ha. Fair enough.

One important detail though is that i don't actually think Britain will become 50% Muslim, this is purely in the context of hypothetical scenario.
Original post by SophiaLDN
You guys are so stressed about being taken over because that's what you did to a number of countries (e.g australia) Paranoia :smile:

That's nothing to do with it really and those people were primitives and few in number.

I actually consider it a great mistake that we did not create the kind of Imperial Federation that was proposed by leading politicians as late as the 1920's. I'd happily reunify with Australia.

I don't think most British people are particularly aware that we have anything to be guilty about in relation to Australia. This is more because people tend to dislike change.

Not really. I just would rather not live in a religious theocracy of any kind. I'm not even happy about the church of England being built into the framework of this country's state. I'm also the first to lambast imperialism of any kind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending