The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

I stand corrected.

The way I look at it is this - Rafa signed Luis Garcia, Rodgers signed Joe Allen.
Original post by Zerforax
Rafa did well in the market for me. Very few players that he made a loss on. Increased the value of most players or got some use out of them before moving on and upgrading.

What Rafa could do with FSG's support..

You have a crush on Rafa don't you? :lol:

Original post by Obiejess
If Rodgers does not get a GK and ST this transfer he should go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so, there's not many quality players we can buy/who will come mid-season. If we can't find a good GK/ST this window there's no point overpaying for mediocre ones just for the sake of it. I'm sure BR knows a GK and ST are priority signings, hopefully we can bring in at least one good GK/ST this window.
Shame that the Doc has gone.
Reply 8443
Valdes and Shaqiri make far too much sense for us to be moving for them,.
Original post by The.Joker
I don't think so, there's not many quality players we can buy/who will come mid-season. If we can't find a good GK/ST this window there's no point overpaying for mediocre ones just for the sake of it. I'm sure BR knows a GK and ST are priority signings, hopefully we can bring in at least one good GK/ST this window.

i would be content this window if we only managed to get one of a striker OR a keeper, but only provided they were high quality.
i understand players may not be as readily available, but that is the penalty you have if you need to improve your team mid-season.
we will need to pay extra in january as a direct result of spending badly in the summer.

not showing strong attempts to sign a GK and a ST would be proof that the owners are writing off this season.
at least if we strengthen in those positions we know the club haven't given up, so we wont either.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8445
Why do people keep going on about Shaqiri. Massively overrated player and not in a position we need.
Original post by The.Joker
You have a crush on Rafa don't you? :lol:

Probably our best manager since Dalglish stepped down in 1991?
Original post by Lúcio
i would be content this window if we only managed to get one of a striker OR a keeper, but only provided they were high quality.
i understand players may not be as readily available, but that is the penalty you have if you need to improve your team mid-season.
we will need to pay extra in january as a direct result of spending badly in the summer.

not showing strong attempts to sign a GK and a ST would be proof that the owners are writing off this season.
at least if we strengthen in those positions we know the club haven't given up, so we wont either.

Or proof that those players aren't available in this window..?
Gordon Taylor has risked further controversy by appearing to compare the Ched Evans case with the Hillsborough tragedy.

After the convicted rapist's move to Oldham collapsed, the Professional Footballers' Association chief executive was asked about Evans's insistence that he is innocent.

"He wouldn't have been the first person to be found guilty, maintained their innocence and been proved right. We know what happened with Hillsborough," Taylor told BBC Sport.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30737640

Who is this idiot and how is he still in a job?

#FreedomOfSpeech

....Or some bs. Such claims should just be ignored from the media spotlight tbh.
Original post by ShotsFired-9941
#FreedomOfSpeech

....Or some bs. Such claims should just be ignored from the media spotlight tbh.

Didn't take long for him to apologise - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30740207

Hopefully between his Hillsborough comments and the PFA trying to back Evans too much, he'll be forced to resigned.
If we're going for a striker, it really does look like it should be Lacazette. He's in great form and has helped Lyon up to 2nd. They may refuse to sell in January since they're going so well but in watching highlights he does look like he could be a Sturridge-lite player.
Got a ticket for the Chelsea game (home) :biggrin:

Words fail me of how someone can make a comment so stupid.

I'm getting annoyed at a lot of people standing up for Evans at the moment. He's a convicted rapist as it stands. Let the Court of Appeal do their job when it gets to that stage. Either way, he is a scumbag, like his friends involved.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Words fail me of how someone can make a comment so stupid.

I'm getting annoyed at a lot of people standing up for Evans at the moment. He's a convicted rapist as it stands. Let the Court of Appeal do their job when it gets to that stage. Either way, he is a scumbag, like his friends involved.

He's already had his appeal refused. He's basically at the final point now with the Criminal Cases Review Commission having a look now to see if he should be allowed to appeal. Think there's only a 2% success rate with the CCRC so looks unlikely.
He's already had his appeal refused. He's basically at the final point now with the Criminal Cases Review Commission having a look now to see if he should be allowed to appeal. Think there's only a 2% success rate with the CCRC so looks unlikely.

Fair enough, wasn't actually aware of that.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Got a ticket for the Chelsea game (home) :biggrin:

The missus managed to get tickets to the Bolton game in the FA Cup for me :colondollar:
The missus managed to get tickets to the Bolton game in the FA Cup for me :colondollar:

Are they even on sale yet? Nothing on the website.

I may go on Auto Cup next season to save having to scramble for tickets.
If we're going for a striker, it really does look like it should be Lacazette. He's in great form and has helped Lyon up to 2nd. They may refuse to sell in January since they're going so well but in watching highlights he does look like he could be a Sturridge-lite player.

My biggest fear is being out trumped by a team like arsenal (as usual).
Of course we don't wanna be reckless, but sometimes you gotta just go for it - recognise a quality player and pay big.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Are they even on sale yet? Nothing on the website.

I may go on Auto Cup next season to save having to scramble for tickets.

That's what I did.

Got tickets for Swansea/Middlesbrough in the LC earlier this season, and I've got tickets for the semi-final with Chelsea in the Main Stand.

In the FA Cup, I managed to get one seat in the Anfield Road End. Looking forward to the Bolton match.

Quick Reply

Latest