The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune

You'll never walk alone but the lyrics changed to you'll never be at John's :smile: tbf I'll probably listen to it anyway but just interpret it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are any colleges emailing on friday?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Just read this thing from a parent on the Oxford thread where they said their child was rejected partially because she seemed so nervous in one of the interviews. That doesn't make me feel very good, it sounds a lot like the circumstances of my interviews.

Anybody else thinking about joining IS if they're rejected? I'd need a travel buddy if anyone's interested, I've never read the Quran though...

Hahahahaha ... But in all honesty most people claiming to know the reason for their rejection are guessing and probably wrong to an extent ...

(unless ofcourse they applied for maths and didn't do a maths a level(
Original post by aersh8
You'll never walk alone but the lyrics changed to you'll never be at John's :smile: tbf I'll probably listen to it anyway but just interpret it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a classic! Hope you aren't a Liverpool fan though :wink: :wink:
Original post by ScienceGeek!
From what I have seen, a few people who have been pool re interviewed have had high UMS (saw a 97% and 98%).

Surely if you make it to Saturday with that sort of ums you should stand a pretty good chance as if you were going to be rejected it would likely be from say a really poor interview (But in this case it's likely you would be invited for re-interview as that would seem out of place for someone with a high ums).

Also I think the fact that people with this sort of ums are being re interviewed doesn't mean that lots of unsuccessful applicants have high ums as the reason they are being re interviewed might be that their ums is making other colleges give them another chance to have a good interview.

So if you have high UMS and don't get called to re interview it may mean that: Interview was so bad that wouldn't give another chance (unlikely), Ums was enough to get you the offer (whether you did good or average at interview).

(Probably not true)

Can anyone tell I can't stop thinking about Saturday?

look at my post on page 69 .. May help :smile:
Original post by IesIicules

I would also like an answer to this question and am very distressed that it had not been asked before
Original post by IesIicules

I would also like an answer to this question and am very distressed that it had not been asked before

No
Personally, I feel it to be a travesty that they don't make the porters deliver them by hand.

OMG ... Yesssss!!! I am willing to wait another month if this happens
Original post by Hyperthy
Hahahahaha ... But in all honesty most people claiming to know the reason for their rejection are guessing and probably wrong to an extent ...

(unless ofcourse they applied for maths and didn't do a maths a level(

No, they did know! They got their feedback, that's what it said apparently.
Yeah that does true, not using email does seem a bit archaic but guess that's the romance about Oxbridge! I applied for Economics at Jesus :smile: wbu?

Natsci at trinity ... Tbh all the nervous comments on this thread are starting to rub off on me
To be honest I feel quite similarly. My questions were never excessively difficult ones, I feel like probably the best part was my waffling, because I got to discuss something about which I'm particularly passionate.

Haha, I hope so! Best of luck for saturday, I'm gonna be praying for us both.

I had the exact same experience, went to the wrong staircase, got there 20 mins early, but I was waiting in entrance hall of accomodation staircase. I was huffing and panting and struggled to answer most basic questions!!! But it was a bit better at the end. I found the questions were also not too difficult
Original post by Hyperthy
Natsci at trinity ... Tbh all the nervous comments on this thread are starting to rub off on me

Fair! Guessing your UMS is Sikh?
Original post by jneill
No

K thanks!
No, they did know! They got their feedback, that's what it said apparently.

My mistake ... Sorry :smile:

But the thing with feedback is that Oxbridge has to be very politically correct and cannot actually say much or real substances .. So take it with a pinch of salt.

A lot of schools used to (and probably still do) lobby complaints and attempt to sue the universities at any chance they get
Original post by MarthaB
I had the exact same experience, went to the wrong staircase, got there 20 mins early, but I was waiting in entrance hall of accomodation staircase. I was huffing and panting and struggled to answer most basic questions!!! But it was a bit better at the end. I found the questions were also not too difficult

Good luck to you then! Hopefully they'll be looking for runners this year and accept us on that basis :wink: what course and college are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone believe the SAQ theory still holds water this year?
Fair! Guessing your UMS is Sikh?

A bit of a weird situation ... And was that a typo ... I am actually a Sikh lol (well sort off)
Original post by aersh8
Good luck to you then! Hopefully they'll be looking for runners this year and accept us on that basis :wink: what course and college are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

HSPS Clare, and you?
Original post by andywells
Does anyone believe the SAQ theory still holds water this year?

That being...?
Original post by MarthaB
HSPS Clare, and you?

Bio natsci at St John's :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending