The Student Room Group

Bernard's watch.

If you had it for 24 hours (starting now (now being your time reading this))
What would you do?

Be honest.
I might reveal mine at midnight.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You really want me to answer that :sexface:.
Original post by Stefano93
You really want me to answer that :sexface:.

Yes I do. If you're willing.
Reply 3
Don't forget that there were various things that would make it stop working, so theft etc is not possible.

tbh I'd probably use it to catch up on sleep/reading :colondollar:
Reply 4
Probably keep playing Far Cry 4, maybe help myself to a trolley of shopping from the local 24 hour Asda.
There's no real benefit to freezing time apart from the fact you can do all the stuff that you cant normally do because it's illegal. So I would

1) steal a **** ton of stuff (from big stores not independents) like a tv, laptop, anything I fancied really. Probably some expensive clothes, I shop based on price mostly so it would be nice to just take whatever I fancied.

2) probably have a wonder round peoples homes see what's what.

3) perv on people. I've lost count of people I want to see naked so here's my chance.

4) If I got bored of the above 3 (doubtless) I would just move stuff annd be mischievous. E.g. replacing someones pen with a banana unfreezing time and watching their confusion

My attention would be mostly focussed on number 3, my nob would be red roar
Original post by blue n white army
There's no real benefit to freezing time apart from the fact you can do all the stuff that you cant normally do because it's illegal. So I would

1) steal a **** ton of stuff (from big stores not independents) like a tv, laptop, anything I fancied really. Probably some expensive clothes, I shop based on price mostly so it would be nice to just take whatever I fancied.

2) probably have a wonder round peoples homes see what's what.

3) perv on people. I've lost count of people I want to see naked so here's my chance.

4) If I got bored of the above 3 (doubtless) I would just move stuff annd be mischievous. E.g. replacing someones pen with a banana unfreezing time and watching their confusion

My attention would be mostly focussed on number 3, my nob would be red roar

lmao good lord.

Number 4 sounds fun though.

Original post by Aula

tbh I'd probably use it to catch up on sleep/reading :colondollar:

I would probably do the same, sleep and catch up on reading for uni. :lol:
Go for walks or sleep.

Original post by Anonymous Coward
If you had it for 24 hours (starting now (now being your time reading this))
What would you do?

Be honest.
I might reveal mine at midnight.

You big tease, you.
Reply 8
Brilliant. I could get all my revision done while the sun never moves.

I do wonder though, what still works when the watch stops time? Light? Gravity acting on you? Air? Since if the vital things also stop, I'd be dead quickly D:

I'd try to build something awesome out of Lego since I'd have all the time, maybe grab myself a few extra sets but not too much or it'll get suspicious.

I do hope I wouldn't discover beings that exist inbetween the timeframes of our reality, who know what they look like, or how they would react..

Ok nope I'll be staying inside most of the time and eat as much food and get as much revision done as I can before I go insane from the absolute silence of the planet and indescribable loneliness of being the only known animated being in the universe.
Reply 9
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I do wonder though, what still works when the watch stops time? Light? Gravity acting on you? Air? Since if the vital things also stop, I'd be dead quickly D:

This is something I always wondered! Gravity seemed to work on Bernard but not on other things.
My big question was always about ageing? Do you age during the paused time, meaning you'll end up looking older faster?
I think the value of the watch would depend on what situation you're in at the time. If you had a major assignment deadline looming and you were struggling to get the work done, it would take the time pressure off. I used to watch Bernard's Watch. :smile:
Use it for exams: stop time and fill in the paper with lecture notes beside you :yep:
True story of a real Bernard's watch.

Well, sort of.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
You have to be careful or the ghostly Postman, will come back and collect it from you..
Original post by Tom78
You have to be careful or the ghostly Postman, will come back and collect it from you..

You get a new one for every timezone/country:

The actor eventually became a doctor, after spending a lot of time studying:mmm:

I dunno what I'd do with it, maybe freeze time to grow a beard, or try skydiving ..would it even work:moon:no wait I'd learn to swim and maybe lift a few weights, break some world records in marathon races.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by getfunky!
You get a new one for every timezone/country:

The actor eventually became a doctor, after spending a lot of time studying:mmm:

I dunno what I'd do with it, maybe freeze time to grow a beard, or try skydiving ..would it even work:moon:no wait I'd learn to swim and maybe lift a few weights, break some world records in marathon races.

omg the old CiTV logo ;u;
Read. Read a lot.

Alternatively I could spam TSR. Seriously I could post so much in 24 hours and each forum section would have 'last post by SirMasterKey'. Everyone would be like "Woah this guy needs a life but at the same time it is quite awesome that he was able to post so much in an instant...omg he's a robot...kill him!! :mob:'

Actually best not spam TSR.
Reply 17
Original post by SirMasterKey
Read. Read a lot.

Alternatively I could spam TSR. Seriously I could post so much in 24 hours and each forum section would have 'last post by SirMasterKey'. Everyone would be like "Woah this guy needs a life but at the same time it is quite awesome that he was able to post so much in an instant...omg he's a robot...kill him!! :mob:'

Would a computer even work in stopped time?

Am I ruining people's dreams of stopping time and being productive?
This was a sick show ya'll

I think I'd rob a dealer or something, **** wit peeps too would be very funny
Reply 19
Original post by SirMasterKey
Read. Read a lot.

I'm sure TSR has a certain number of seconds before you can make your next post.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest