The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Anyone who will be starting leicester aged 19/20/21?

I have an offer from leicester which I might firm (geology with palaeobiology) and am just a little nervy about being surrounded by people who've only just turned 18 (nothing personal) as I'll be 20 when I start. Is there anyone else here in the same boat?

I thought about making a mature thread but mature applicants are like 25+ aren't they?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just got an offer for BSc Economics, still undecided/waiting on my other choices. I'll be 19 when I start.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by GeorginaLucienne
I have an offer from leicester which I might firm (geology with palaeobiology) and am just a little nervy about being surrounded by people who've only just turned 18 (nothing personal) as I'll be 20 when I start. Is there anyone else here in the same boat?

I thought about making a mature thread but mature applicants are like 25+ aren't they?

I'll be almost 21 when I start my BSc Medical Microbiology course :smile:
Original post by jf1994
I'll be almost 21 when I start my BSc Medical Microbiology course :smile:

Oh you must be my academic year group then! I'll be 20 when I start and 21 in the following March!
Reply 4
Oh you must be my academic year group then! I'll be 20 when I start and 21 in the following March!

I guess so :smile: so what have you being doing for two years? :wink:

Are you living in halls or commuting?
Original post by jf1994
I guess so :smile: so what have you being doing for two years? :wink:

Are you living in halls or commuting?

Halls definitely! My home town is too far from the uni haha. Well I took a year out to work, what about you?
Reply 6
Halls definitely! My home town is too far from the uni haha. Well I took a year out to work, what about you?

I'm commuting, only from Tamworth though (half an hour away), and I've been just working too. Did you finish your A-levels last year then or did you start sixth form a year late?
Original post by jf1994
I'm commuting, only from Tamworth though (half an hour away), and I've been just working too. Did you finish your A-levels last year then or did you start sixth form a year late?

I finished a levels in 2013. I'm from NE England so commuting is not an option haha :') looking forward to staying in halls tho
Reply 8
I was very ill last year and so had to drop one of my A levels which I'm finishing this year so I will be 19 when I start.

I'll be going back in september to do geology with palaeobiology and I'll be 20... :/
Original post by MattCSidd
I'll be going back in september to do geology with palaeobiology and I'll be 20... :/

Exactly the same as me then!
Exactly the same as me then!

I'm guessing you're doing your first year tho? I'll be in my second year, but starting again... if that makes sense
Original post by MattCSidd
I'm guessing you're doing your first year tho? I'll be in my second year, but starting again... if that makes sense

Oh yeah I'll be in my first year
There will probably be a few people who are older than 18 so no need to worry about that. Some will have deferred for a year or gone on a gap year. Then some will be older than you!
One of my friends in geology in 1st year was 24 and none of us realised until she told us, age really isn't that important
Reply 15
I'm a first year student and I'm 21 years old :tongue:.
I will be 20 when I start too!
I'm 21 and I'll be starting this year.
I'm a current first year and there are loads of students who aren't 18. I'm actually friends with quite a few 20 year olds etc
ill be 21 when I start (I took a 2.5 year apprenticeship beforehand) but then ill turn 22 in November. mature students are classed as 21 and over. ill be staying in halls (which I havnt chosen yet) and im a little worried also about being around 18 yo's as I have grown out of that partying phase quite a bit (im practically an old man lol).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending