The Student Room Group

declaring qualifications on UCAS application

Hi.

I am applying as an independent candidate via UCAS. I am currently in the process of resitting GCSE Maths because my previous grade is a D and I need at least a C to get on to the course I want. Therefore I'm seeking advice on how to proceed. Would it be acceptable not to declare my current grade in Maths or should I state it and that I am also resitting it?
You must declare all grades.
Enter the GCSE twice: once with a D, once as Pending
Original post by Primorye
Hi.

I am applying as an independent candidate via UCAS. I am currently in the process of resitting GCSE Maths because my previous grade is a D and I need at least a C to get on to the course I want. Therefore I'm seeking advice on how to proceed. Would it be acceptable not to declare my current grade in Maths or should I state it and that I am also resitting it?

As the other poster said, you need to declare your D and also enter Maths GCSE as pending.

If you do not do this, and the uni find out (which is very probable if they are receiving new exam results from you), your application is considered fraudulent and any offers could be withdrawn at anytime- including after you get your results.

Most universities will be suspicious of an application that suggests you didn't sit GCSE Maths alongside your other GCSEs- as this is very uncommon in the UK. Your reference might also mention you are retaking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending