The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dangit.
Ok folks. I have found the following re email decisions. If anyone has confirmed info on other colleges please post it for everyone's benefit :smile:

Cambridge Applicants - Decision Day 2015
Decision letters are sent to all applicants by First Class post on 9th January.
Most (est. 93%) will arrive at UK addresses on Saturday 10th.
Do not call colleges about decisions - results will not be given over the phone.
Below is a list of colleges with published or otherwise known methods of sending decisions by email.
Other colleges may also be emailing if you know one not on the list please mention me and I’ll add the info.

Christ’s College
Decision letters will be posted 9th January
Copies will be emailed to all applicants on 12th January

Downing College
"Decision letters will be posted first class (9th January). Applicants with non-UK mailing addresses will also be emailed on Saturday (12th)."
They have also added that if you want to be emailed you should contact [email protected]

Emmanuel College
https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/applying/timeline/ -
Friday 9 January: Offer letters posted to applicants.
By 5:00pm on Saturday 10 January: All decisions (offer, pool and unsuccessful) will be emailed to applicants.

King’s College
http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applicant-information.html
We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants on Friday 9 January (this is a university-wide posting date). We will then email the text of decision letters to all applicants on Monday 12 January (you do not need to request this). Please note that this will take us all day - you will not necessarily hear from us in the morning.

Peterhouse
@Peterhouse_SLO
Today is posting day for #admissions decisions. Applicants with non-UK addresses will be emailed on Monday

Queens’ College
https://www.facebook.com/queenscollegeadmissions
Decision letters going in the post Friday so earliest they'll arrive is Saturday!
International applicants: e-mail on Mon to get yours

Robinson College
(as per confirmation email)
“International students the outcome of their application by email after the pool closes. The others would be sent by post I believe.”

St John’s College
“I can advise that no email notifications will be sent out until Monday 12 January 2015.”
Though this is only for international applicants.

Trinity College
https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/applicant-information
Decision letters will be posted to all applicants on Friday 9 January 2015 (University-wide posting date). We will also email the outcome to all applicants on Saturday 10 January 2015. We are unable to give any decisions over the telephone. UCAS Track will only update once the central Cambridge Admissions Office has given the decisions to UCAS (they will do this by the end of January).

Trinity Hall
“On Monday 12 January, I will email all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. I shall assume that you are happy to receive the news via email; however, if you would prefer receive the news by post instead, please let me know (though obviously a letter will take longer to arrive)”

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nostr
I know exactly what you mean. I was so nervous that I made a mistake along the lines of 2x3=18

lol i did 2x2x2=4

Posted from TSR Mobile
if someone calls Jesus.. Please ask them when they sending the emails..
Original post by jneill
Depends on the college. Some are emailing on Saturday.

How do we find out if our colleges are emailing saturday? I can't find any information anywhere :frown:
Original post by grammar12
How do we find out if our colleges are emailing saturday? I can't find any information anywhere :frown:

Me too ... I am so nervous :frown:
Original post by grammar12

Original post by maryamsila
Me too ... I am so nervous :frown:

Did you see my post above about Christ's, Emma, Kings, Queens' and Trinity? If your college is different then they should have told you how/when to expect email in their earlier communications with you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1847
Original post by phatlittlelemon
Hey you from Australia too? :biggrin: Which state?

Fellow Aussies! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune

One Step Beyond by Madness. Just every speaker turned up to max.
anyone know when magadalene college results come out?!?!?!!?
Original post by jneill
Ok folks. I have found the following re email decisions. If anyone has confirmed info on other colleges please post it for everyone's benefit :smile:

Christ's
Emailing on the 12th January.

Emmanuel
https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/applying/timeline/ -
Friday 9 January: Offer letters posted to applicants.
By 5:00pm on Saturday 10 January: All decisions (offer, pool and unsucessful) will be emailed to applicants.

King's
http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applicant-information.html
We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants on Friday 9 January (this is a university-wide posting date). We will then email the text of decision letters to all applicants on Monday 12 January (you do not need to request this). Please note that this will take us all day - you will not necessarily hear from us in the morning.

Peterhouse
@Peterhouse_SLO
Today is posting day for #admissions decisions. Applicants with non-UK addresses will be emailed on Monday

Queens’ College

https://www.facebook.com/queenscollegeadmissions
Decision letters going in the post Friday so earliest they'll arrive is Saturday!
International applicants: e-mail on Mon to get yours

Trinity
https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/applicant-information
Decision letters will be posted to all applicants on Friday 9 January 2015 (University-wide posting date). We will also email the outcome to all applicants on Saturday 10 January 2015. We are unable to give any decisions over the telephone. UCAS Track will only update once the central Cambridge Admissions Office has given the decisions to UCAS (they will do this by the end of January).

Trinity Hall (in case someone hasn't received an email):

On Monday 12 January, I will email all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. I shall assume that you are happy to receive the news via email; however, if you would prefer receive the news by post instead, please let me know (though obviously a letter will take longer to arrive)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by serafina44
Trinity Hall (in case someone hasn't received an email):

On Monday 12 January, I will email all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. I shall assume that you are happy to receive the news via email; however, if you would prefer receive the news by post instead, please let me know (though obviously a letter will take longer to arrive)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tks. I'll add to my earlier post.
Original post by ianna.andreea
My interviewees were also smiley and encouraging, so I decided that smile is the new poker face. I was partially relaxed because I got to spend time with students and recieve advice the night before. In the first interview I basically felt my brain frying and I had to say I don't know a couple of times and I even went blank once. There were thinking questions. The second interview was really okay, I recovered my speaking fluence and I just had to present my portfolio and speak about my passion. I only had an A3 portfolio, mostly with 3D work such as sculptures or projects and two sketchbooks to show the process behind the works I presented. And of course, as anyone else I am almost certain I will not be accepted. I said 'omg' in front of my interviewee in the first interview and I made a lot of mistakes.

I really regret not showing them my sketchbook because I ran over time just talking about the main portfolio... There weren't many architecture students and i only got to see two others on the morning before the interview. It would be good if we had more time to communicate.
I did feel that most of my answers were really flat and I could have more interesting opinion to express if only i wasn't that NERVOUS.
:smile: Good luck! Don't think there is much i can do to compensate that now.
Original post by phatlittlelemon
Did you have your interview in Melbourne or Sydney? Cus if you were in Sydney I might've seen you :smile: Also, do you mind if I ask for your ATAR? Just out of curiosity haha :colondollar:

Two of my school friends went to Sydney:smile:! One for med and one for eco. I travelled to Cambridge for the interview.
My ATAR is horrendous... Might be 99.6 or 7 something depending on the IB conversion. Not really sure about the NSW system. Everyone in my school who got into oxbridge was 99.95 and two of my ox applicant friends with similar ATAR were rejected, so I guess my chance is slim...
Either well I am happy that I tried! :wink:
What about you? What course?
Does anyone know if the SAQ rumours are true? I successfully logged in which means 'apparently' that a straight decision has been made. Apparently if you cannot log into the SAQ it means you've been pooled. Just wondering :smile:
Reply 1855
Original post by jneill
Great post :biggrin:
Original post by CheIIe
Two of my school friends went to Sydney:smile:! One for med and one for eco. I travelled to Cambridge for the interview.
My ATAR is horrendous... Might be 99.6 or 7 something depending on the IB conversion. Not really sure about the NSW system. Everyone in my school who got into oxbridge was 99.95 and two of my ox applicant friends with similar ATAR were rejected, so I guess my chance is slim...
Either well I am happy that I tried! :wink:
What about you? What course?

Ahh, may I ask which highschool do you/your friends go to? I think I might have seen them haha. I heard the med interviews were quite general in Sydney this year, just the normal questions like why do you want to do med etc. Oh do you guys all do IB?

Haha, dw my ATAR was horrendous too :/ Way below expectation >< Wow, your school has .95s applying for Oxbridge? Thats insane cus nearly every .95s in my school are staying at Usyd to do med :P

Oh wow, were your friends rejected this year? My friend got .6 and got accepted into Oxbridge 2 days ago for law! I don't think the ATAR is the big difference, I was just asking cus I feel like it's quite below par :frown: Two people in the grade above at my school made it to Cambridge for maths last year and their ATARs were like .5 or .6 as well so I hope mid range is ok :/

I applied for eco at trinity haha, really don't think I'd make it but at least I tried :P How were your interviews? Did your school have many Oxbridge applicants this year? :smile:
Original post by jchap9776
What music will people blast out if they get an offer? Personally it's got to be Wiley - On A Level haha #bangingtune

Million Dollar Houses by Pierce The Veil. Although I really doubt I'll get an offer... :frown:
Original post by Zenant
Fellow Aussies! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo! Which state you from buddy? :smile:
Does anyone happen to know if Clare College sends emails to International applicants?

#daretoask

Latest

Trending

Trending