The Student Room Group

Anti Muslim violence spreading across France-mosques & muslim businesses bombed

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by ulteriorm0tive

A person commits an offence if—

(a)he publishes a statement to which this section applies or causes another to publish such a statement; and

(b)at the time he publishes it or causes it to be published, he—

(i)intends members of the public to be directly or indirectly encouraged or otherwise induced by the statement to commit, prepare or instigate acts of terrorism or Convention offences; or

(ii)is reckless as to whether members of the public will be directly or indirectly encouraged or otherwise induced by the statement to commit, prepare or instigate such acts or offences
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LaughingBro
Good old 'multiculturalism' eh? :lol:

As opposed to mandatory assimilation? Hardly compatible with freedom of expression.
Retaliation is wrong and unfortunate but some what inevitable.
It could be worse though. If France was a majority Muslim country and Christians were responsible for so many on going murders there wouldn't be Muslims holding hands and pens in silence. It's likely Churches would be burning all over Paris.
Original post by caravaggio2
Retaliation is wrong and unfortunate but some what inevitable.
It could be worse though. If France was a majority Muslim country and Christians were responsible for so many on going murders there wouldn't be Muslims holding hands and pens in silence. It's likely Churches would be burning all over Paris.

I made a thread talking about anti-Jewish riots in France, nobody cared about that compared with this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2743033

This is not acceptable what is happening right now to Muslims, since these people are clearly innocent and are not culpable for the gun attacks in any way and Muslims simply should not have to live in fear because of what other people have done, but there is a definite theme that a lot of Muslims view the world in terms of themselves and everyone else.

This thread, 9 pages

Original post by felamaslen
France will be the next Israel at this rate.

I was thinking about this yesterday.

If London looked like Paris and Paris looking like Hebron, would the European left still condemn Israel?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ulteriorm0tive
They wanted a holy war so they've got one! I have a real issue with Islam, so in my opinion these attacks on mosques etc are completely justified. They think they've got the right to attack freedom of speech and democracy, yet they expect the world to roll over and obey their commands. We just need to the British community to rise up like the French did.

You do know that normal Muslims condone this attack, since it goes against our religion. Yet you think that attacking normal Muslims is going to have an effect on the extremists
Original post by yo radical one
I was thinking about this yesterday.

If London looked like Paris and Paris looking like Hebron, would the European left still condemn Israel?

Most probably. I don't think the excessive condemnation of Israel is due to antisemitism on the part of the left, but rather it's due to a suspicion of Western democracies.
Most probably. I don't think the excessive condemnation of Israel is due to antisemitism on the part of the left, but rather it's due to a suspicion of Western democracies.

Just after I say that.

It's because these people have no idea the level of threat which exists which Israel has to deal with on a daily basis. These people are monsters.

Original post by FlareBlitz96
You do know that normal Muslims condone this attack, since it goes against our religion. Yet you think that attacking normal Muslims is going to have an effect on the extremists

*condemn

Just saying "This attack goes against our religion", is not really condemning the attack. It shows your primary concern is not the victims and their lives, but rather ensuring people don't think negatively about Islam, that is the problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just after I say that.

It's because these people have no idea the level of threat which exists which Israel has to deal with on a daily basis. These people are monsters.

Sometimes true, but I know Israelis who themselves think Israel should drop all its weapons, which would be suicidal.
Sometimes true, but I know Israelis who themselves think Israel should drop all its weapons, which would be suicidal.

Tel Aviv residents? :rolleyes:
Tel Aviv residents? :rolleyes:

Tel Aviv and (I think) Haifa, although both semi-UK resident. Plus another who lived in Tel Aviv (and maybe Jerusalem, I forget) for a while but isn't a citizen.

I don't want to say more since I don't want to reveal their identities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aj12
This is exactly what groups like ISIS and al Qaeda want. One of their key aims has always been to provoke a general war between Islam and the West.

Irrelevant ... even if we didn't retaliate in such a way ISIS et al would still carry out these attacks.
i was hoping for unity in france after this attack. But seems the terrorists have block that happening. Hopefully the police are on their way to catching them and local communities in the process of helping and protecting those being targeted by both the original and response attackers.
Reply 172
Original post by FlareBlitz96
I don't know if that statement is agrreing with me, or making fun of me:colondollar:
Why should it do either? It was meant to give you enlightenment.
Just after I say that.

*condemn

Just saying "This attack goes against our religion", is not really condemning the attack. It shows your primary concern is not the victims and their lives, but rather ensuring people don't think negatively about Islam, that is the problem.

The post I was replying to said that it is justified to attack Mosques in France. This thread is about the anti-Muslim violence that is spreading, and that is what I was talking about. How do you know my primary concern is not the victim and their lives. Do I have to post on this forum to tell evreyone my primary concern?
Original post by Simes
Why should it do either? It was meant to give you enlightenment.

Oh OK :smile:
Reply 175
Original post by Dodgypirate
Irrelevant ... even if we didn't retaliate in such a way ISIS et al would still carry out these attacks.

Hardly irrelevant. They achieve their aims by people reacting to their provocations. Yes they'd still attack but their attacks would be failures. People attacking innocent Muslims just justifies their position and provides propaganda and recruitment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Hardly irrelevant. They achieve their aims by people reacting to their provocations. Yes they'd still attack but their attacks would be failures. People attacking innocent Muslims just justifies their position and provides propaganda and recruitment

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would you know that they're attacking us because we've killed innocent Muslims??

How would you know their attacks would be failures??

Sure it provides propaganda ... but it definitely isn't their reason to attack us.
Reply 177
Original post by Dodgypirate
How would you know that they're attacking us because we've killed innocent Muslims??

How would you know their attacks would be failures??

Sure it provides propaganda ... but it definitely isn't their reason to attack us.

It's pretty well known that one of the key goals of Extremest Islamic attacks is to provoke reprisals against other Muslims. Thus causing a general war between the West and Islam.

I never said they were attacking us because we have attacked Muslims.
IMO the retaliation attackers are just as bad as the original ones. It doesn't solve anything. Imagine what the world would be like if there were constant back and forth killings between different groups. one t**t going out and shooting up a building doesn't make killing people that have something in common with that t**t ok. What did those people in the kebab shop do?
Reply 179
Original post by Nidokid
Imagine what the world would be like if there were constant back and forth killings between different groups.
It would be like Northern Ireland during The Troubles.

Quick Reply

Latest