The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Time Tourist
Again, you haven't watched the video have you.

Whatever he might say in the video won't make up for the fact that he is a football hooligan who leads street riots.
Original post by felamaslen
Whatever he might say in the video won't make up for the fact that he is a football hooligan who leads street riots.

So that's a no then, who is the real bigot?

In the video you will see him burning Swastikas, carrying signs saying 'NF go to hell' and confronting Neo-Nazis who threaten him and demand he give control of the EDL to them. But you're not interested in any of that are you, because it doesn't fit your views.
(edited 9 years ago)
So that's a no then, who is the real bigot?

In the video you will see him burning Swastikas, carrying signs saying 'NF go to hell' and confronting Neo-Nazis who threaten him and demand he give control of the EDL to them. But you're not interested in any of that are you.

It is not as if I'm basing my opinion of what he said on the fact that he is an awful man. If you give a transcript of the video I don't mind picking it apart, I just can't be arsed to watch his speech since I think he is at best useless, at worst my enemy.
It is not as if I'm basing my opinion of what he said on the fact that he is an awful man. If you give a transcript of the video I don't mind picking it apart, I just can't be arsed to watch his speech since I think he is at best useless, at worst my enemy.

In other words you're a bigot.
In other words you're a bigot.

If somebody put up a video by Anjem Choudary, would you bother watching it?
If somebody put up a video by Anjem Choudary, would you bother watching it?

Yea I would (and have)... why, is he your man?

Furthermore, the comparison is just awful. I don't think Robinson advocates stoning to death or the murder of the infidel...
(edited 9 years ago)
Yea I would (and have)... why, is he your man?

Furthermore, the comparison is just awful. I don't think Robinson advocates stoning to death or the murder of the infidel...

Don't get me wrong, Anjem Choudary is more of my enemy than this guy. I'm just saying that I don't bother watching speeches made by people who I regard as my enemies.
don't have anything against tommy but he's not a great speaker
Don't get me wrong, Anjem Choudary is more of my enemy than this guy. I'm just saying that I don't bother watching speeches made by people who I regard as my enemies.

I'm genuinely not having a go, but you should not go through life absorbing stuff that simply confirms what you already think. Or dismiss someone (who the Oxford union saw fit to invite as a speaker) as nothing more than a thug and football hooligan on the basis of your preexisting prejudices.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm genuinely not having a go, but you should not go through life absorbing stuff that confirms what you already think.

I may well agree with a great deal of what he says in the video, I literally just can't be arsed to watch it due to my total lack of respect for the man.
Original post by thunder_chunky
"He is actually a nice guy."

I bet people said that about Hitler too.

Not sure how he's been persecuted by the state, he's hardly a saint.

What a silly comment to make with no thought or understanding. Bigoted remark
I'm genuinely not having a go, but you should not go through life absorbing stuff that simply confirms what you already think. Or dismiss someone (who the Oxford union saw fit to invite as a speaker) as nothing more than a thug and football hooligan on the basis of your preexisting prejudices.

I think you entirely miss the point. Its called freedom of speech. No he is not privileged like most students, nor is he eloquent or speaks with a upper class accent. But he is passionate and cares about what is so obviously wrong. Instead of just opening and commenting without thought, listen and learn. Instead of filling ones head with prejudice, which anyone who watched and listened then condemned surely is, listen. Think. Use the brain you are given.

He has valid points and is not a Nazi, not a racist at all. He is doing what many people in the UK should be. Speaking out about the wrongs that are in society. He grew up in a multi cultural society, so how can he be racist. He has many Muslim friends. What has happened to society when people no longer listen or think for themselves. The audience was filled with a diverse mix of people and I am sure after they listened, they were thinking too. I commend him for his genuinely belief and passion. He is not a racist at all.
Reply 32
This guys recent videos are very very good.
Didn't this guy resign from the EDL because it became overun wih white-trash yobs who were just in it to hate people for lols? To say he's comparable to Hitler is a bit of a stretch. His concerns are about Islam, not Muslims, and considering the general thoughts about Islam on this forum I'm surprised people are so up in arms about him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He wants to fight islam because he knows if it gains too much speed, his children will either have to fight it or be oppressed by it. I don't see how anyone can negatively judge someone for not wanting political islam to have influence...
you Are 100% correct , but us people in a so called ‘liberal democracy’ are too blind to see the truth even as it being shoved in their faces. They are so dumb!!!

He wants to fight islam because he knows if it gains too much speed, his children will either have to fight it or be oppressed by it. I don't see how anyone can negatively judge someone for not wanting political islam to have influence...
There is too much of the ‘soft left’ in our once proud nation, who will be run over like a steamroller when Islam gains enough political power...it’s our descendants who will suffer, but we are saying:”I’m alright Jack” we are cowards to the core. We’ve lost the spirit that won two world wars..and I believe in peace!!
Reply 37
Original post by Alspals09
you Are 100% correct , but us people in a so called ‘liberal democracy’ are too blind to see the truth even as it being shoved in their faces. They are so dumb!!!

Don't bump old threads.

Latest

Trending

Trending