The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Original post by nickirv
I would like to apply for Accounting and Finance at LSE in the future. I'm currently going to be doing my IGCSEs in 6 months. What subjects should i take at A-Levels to be offered a place? I was thinking of FM, Mathematics, Economics and Accounting. I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!

Swap Accounting for something like History or English Literature, and you are set.
(edited 9 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Yeah the wait is pretty horrible. I'm sure you will, I got mine at around 3:00pm yesterday, I don't know if thats the generic time they send them out but good luck for then anyway :smile:

3:00pm UK timing? And thank you :smile:
Original post by benq
Swap Accounting for something like History or English Literature, and you are set.

But I'm taking Accounting as my major, I would probably need it more than History though.
Original post by mariamgy
3:00pm UK timing?

Oh yeah sorry, 3:00pm UK timing :smile: Are you an international student?
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Oh yeah sorry, 3:00pm UK timing :smile: Are you an international student?

Well yes, I live in Dubai :smile:
Original post by sofiagiulia
Hey, has anyone heard back for Sociology yet?

Heyy I applied in early October and still haven't heard anything regarding decisions 😭
Another 4 week email:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which course?
I just want LSE to reply now, whether it's an offer or rejection, so that I can reply to my offers haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please tell me you're joking
Reply 2050
4 week email for government and economics today. The day my 8+2 weeks expire. Lse really needs to get their act together.
Original post by avar
4 week email for government and economics today. The day my 8+2 weeks expire. Lse really needs to get their act together.

Absolutely unreal :mad:
Reply 2052
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Absolutely unreal :mad:

Seriously. Are they this lax about deadlines on when the roles are reversed? Is 'I had a lot of work' a suitable excuse for turning in a paper late?
Original post by avar
Seriously. Are they this lax about deadlines on when the roles are reversed? Is 'I had a lot of work' a suitable excuse for turning in a paper late?

You probably passed a certain stage of their admission process, and so you're being qualified for further processing. It's not always a bad sign.
You probably passed a certain stage of their admission process, and so you're being qualified for further processing. It's not always a bad sign.

It's the fact that they're setting deadlines and then reneging on them. Don't tell us 8 weeks if you're going to take 14
It's the fact that they're setting deadlines and then reneging on them. Don't tell us 8 weeks if you're going to take 14

The deadlines they set are ones that should inform you of an update to your application, not provide a final decision (unless they say otherwise).
The deadlines they set are ones that should inform you of an update to your application, not provide a final decision (unless they say otherwise).

Technically true, just misleading. I'd rather be told nothing and receive a decision when they're ready instead of the nerve-wracking, useless (in that they don't actually tell us anything) updates
cheeky 4 week email today :cool: before my 8+2 weeks expires aswell so not tooo bad
Technically true, just misleading. I'd rather be told nothing and receive a decision when they're ready instead of the nerve-wracking, useless (in that they don't actually tell us anything) updates

Yes, I totally agree with that. I have been on my nerves the whole day today, and still haven't received anything. It's getting very stressful!
Original post by jchap9776
cheeky 4 week email today :cool: before my 8+2 weeks expires aswell so not tooo bad

What subject, and when were your 8+2 weeks meant to expire?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending