The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Offer for Bsc hons management :smile: not my first choice uni but this is my first offer I recieved .:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Over the moon!

Received a conditional offer yesterday for ITMB (Information Technology Management for Business)
Original post by _Dreamer_
Ahh imagine haha! What course are you doing? Is Manchester your firm?

Physics with a year in europe :smile: yeah it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all, I'm new on TSR and this is my first post. I'm an international student that received a conditional offer for Beng mechatronic engineering at the uni of Manchester and have accepted it as my firm choice. I've already finished writing my end of year exam in the end of 2014 and submitted my results (6 jan 2015) already. It's been about a few days and no confirmation that they've received my results or if I'm accepted or not. Is this normal?
Original post by TheRyugaan
Hey all, I'm new on TSR and this is my first post. I'm an international student that received a conditional offer for Beng mechatronic engineering at the uni of Manchester and have accepted it as my firm choice. I've already finished writing my end of year exam in the end of 2014 and submitted my results (6 jan 2015) already. It's been about a few days and no confirmation that they've received my results or if I'm accepted or not. Is this normal?

Email them and enquire if they have

It's only been three days, they're probably quite busy as this is their first week back after Christmas. If you're really desperate to know, you can email them as realunited suggested but I'd give them a bit more time, personally.
Soz if I came off as impatient, I was a bit curious about the time it usually takes for the uni to make decisions etc. Thanx for the advice guys
Soz if I came off as impatient, I was a bit curious about the time it usually takes for the uni to make decisions etc. Thanx for the advice guys

They very fast in their replies so do inquire to be on the safer side

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by realunited
They very fast in their replies so do inquire to be on the safer side

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll enquire asap. Wouldn't like my email to be "lost in the mail"
Hii, bit late with this but I got an offer for MChem Chemistry a few weeks ago :biggrin: Not 100% sure if I'm going to firm or what, still waiting on one last uni to reply, but I really loved the department when I visited for my interview - everyone seemed so friendly!

I'll enquire asap. Wouldn't like my email to be "lost in the mail"

I received my offer on December 2nd. Two days later I got an email congratulating me and inviting me to an open day. Aside from that, I received an official acceptance letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I'm also international. It depends on a lot of factors I think.
On the Key Dates page of the Uni of Manchester's website, it says:
Semester 1 starts 21 September 2015
Winter graduation 14–18 December 2015
Christmas break starts 18 December 2015
Christmas break ends 18 January 2016
Semester 1 ends 31 January 2016
For 1st and 2nd year students, does the Christmas break start on the 14th Dec (since they don't have winter graduation do they?) or does it start on the 18th for all students?
Original post by bobbricks
On the Key Dates page of the Uni of Manchester's website, it says:
Semester 1 starts 21 September 2015
Winter graduation 14–18 December 2015
Christmas break starts 18 December 2015
Christmas break ends 18 January 2016
Semester 1 ends 31 January 2016
For 1st and 2nd year students, does the Christmas break start on the 14th Dec (since they don't have winter graduation do they?) or does it start on the 18th for all students?

It starts on the 18th for everyone. Winter graduation just takes place during the last week of teaching, it doesn't affect anyone else.
Original post by rachelc142
Physics with a year in europe :smile: yeah it is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's my top choice too! I've only just sent my application and got the interview invite this week though :smile: What was your interview like, if you don't mind me asking?

Entirely normal! It's only been three working days. Give them a couple of weeks, and if you haven't heard then email them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TopazDelamer
That's my top choice too! I've only just sent my application and got the interview invite this week though :smile: What was your interview like, if you don't mind me asking?

Well just to let you know I did initially apply for maths & physics but then switched to physics with a year in europe post offer :smile: however in mine I was asked why I want to study Physics, why Manchester appeals to me, a bit about my epq work, and then I started babbling on about my favourite mathematicians that I'd read up on and then we got to talking about the normal distribution and she asked me if I knew the equation and to show how the graph is translated from it :smile: good luck I'm sure you will be fine, the interview is more about having a little bit of insurance if you fail your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well just to let you know I did initially apply for maths & physics but then switched to physics with a year in europe post offer :smile: however in mine I was asked why I want to study Physics, why Manchester appeals to me, a bit about my epq work, and then I started babbling on about my favourite mathematicians that I'd read up on and then we got to talking about the normal distribution and she asked me if I knew the equation and to show how the graph is translated from it :smile: good luck I'm sure you will be fine, the interview is more about having a little bit of insurance if you fail your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much, it's really nice to hear about a specific interview! I've heard they're a bit more relaxed at Manchester than some places, and yeah a few people have said about it being insurance. Good luck with your grades, might see you in September! :smile:
Thank you so much, it's really nice to hear about a specific interview! I've heard they're a bit more relaxed at Manchester than some places, and yeah a few people have said about it being insurance. Good luck with your grades, might see you in September! :smile:

Yeah I enjoyed mine tbh! Yeah you too :biggrin: what country are you thinking of visiting? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I enjoyed mine tbh! Yeah you too :biggrin: what country are you thinking of visiting? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow you don't hear that too often! I'm doing French at the moment so probably France. How about you?
Wow you don't hear that too often! I'm doing French at the moment so probably France. How about you?

Yeah France for me too!! I have an AS Level in it but college wouldn't let me carry on with four. I really wanna go for l'université de pierre et Marie curie in paris !!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending