The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by De Chirico
Time for the USA to invade France, they're clearly not able to look after themselves and probably want help.

Like during the Boston attack?
Time for the USA to invade France, they're clearly not able to look after themselves and probably want help.

I don't think they have any oil though
Original post by yo radical one
Yes actually.

If a woman were to be raped, you wouldn't then say to her, "yeah but he was he was pretty goodlooking though"

Do you really think I was implying the attractiveness of one of the perpetrators lessens the severity of the hostage situation? :facepalm2:

I was thinking the exact same thing!

Original post by generic_man
Do you really think I was implying the attractiveness of one of the perpetrators lessens the severity of the hostage situation? :facepalm2:

Yes it does, it shows you are unable to respect the severity of the situation

Maybe your parents raised you badly, or perhaps you just don't care, I don't know
Reply 925
Original post by Stalin
I was thinking the exact same thing!

I love this movie.

Maybe your parents raised you badly, or perhaps you just don't care, I don't know

Haha, well thanks for diving the hidden motives behind my comment that were unknown even to me! Here I thought I was making a point about how sad it is that the extremist ideology that spurs people to commit acts like this had the capacity to brainwash anyone, even an attractive young woman, but it turns out that I actually found the whole thing hilarious!

France is a liberal democracy though. Invading a liberal democracy is despicable in most cases.
Surely Friday is a Holy Day for these guys ?
Original post by the bear
Surely Friday is a Holy Day for these guys ?

I doubt going to a mosque is a priority to these guys....

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should grow up.

If there is a terrorist on the loose who is a threat to the Jews, you put armed guarded in Jewish areas, outside Synagogues and shops associated with the Jews, that is the right thing to do.

It's not just the Jews, if there was say an EDL or anti-Muslim terrorist on the loose, I would say that Mosques and Halal supermarkets should be protected in the exact same way.

If there was a KKK terrorist who was yet to be apprehended say in the US, you would put armed guards outside "Black" Churches and in areas where there is a high proportion of Black people

The fact you think what I have said to you, is so radical because it was said in the context of protecting Jewish people, really does say a lot about you.

what you have said is not just radical but absolutely ridiculous because there is so many jewish businesses, jewish organisation officesm jewish schools and synagogues in france. it would require tens of thousands of armed police.
deploying armed police to all halal supermarkets, mosques and muslim businesses would be even more ridiculous.

not only this, but still not all jews are all in synagogues, jewish schools, jewish businesses and jewish organisation offices. a jew could still be killed, the attackers could know of a jew and kill them, the attackers could see an orthodox jew in religious dress and kill them or the attackers could just kill someone who they didn't know was a jew and then europe would have "failed to protect jews".

you are the one who should grow up as you resort to flinging sht like an angry, mindless chimp.

it really says alot about you that you resort to painting people with a brush because they are pointing out how ridiculous your idea is and you expecting europe to be able to protect all jews.
not only do you need to grow up but apparently your brain needs to finish growing.
Original post by clh_hilary
And that you said the dead should've done something to avoid the incident from happening.

You are saying violence is the answer. If everyone thinks like you, I can just carry an AK47 around and demand that everybody do as I say.

Do you know me?

You're taking the liberty to express yourself constantly, and you're asking me why is it such a big deal to be able to express yourself?

You can be sexist, racist, homophobic, or whatever I disagree with but I won't kill you or demand respect from you. I do not believe in your god, did I ask that you don't mention that you do?

You can express yourself in however way you want, as the cartoonists have done, regardless of my views. That is the difference. But you cannot stop me from doing so.

Yes, I am but they didn't, and I'm sure they expected a backlash but didn't expect this to happen.
Violence is not the answer, but whether we like it or not, it is the most effective way to get someone to do something for you.

Which is why I said that their reaction was an overreaction! I've repeated myself so many times in telling you that they shouldn't have killed the, but you don't seem to understand!

What's the difference? You can but you should also expect the consequences from doing that
Original post by felamaslen
France is a liberal democracy though. Invading a liberal democracy is despicable in most cases.

So was Iran in '53 - or at least heading in that direction - but it has bags of oil.
Apparently police have ordered all shops closed in the neighbourhood of Marais, a Jewish neighbourhood in Paris. Hopefully this is just a precaution and there's nothing else coming...
Original post by clh_hilary
Only if I want our relationship to be kept. She has every right to choose to associate or not associate with me.

That's very different from if she threatens to kill or punch me. If she punches or attempts to kill me whenever I mention it, I'll call the police and get her arrested.

Exactly, so surely you want muslims to integrate in society rather than seclude themselves and commit these types of crimes

but most moderate muslims don't go around threatening and killing people, only the extremists and terrorists do.
Original post by tibis vii
what you have said is not just radical but absolutely ridiculous because there is so many jewish businesses, jewish organisation officesm jewish schools and synagogues in france. it would require tens of thousands of armed police.
deploying armed police to all halal supermarkets, mosques and muslim businesses would be even more ridiculous.

not only this, but still not all jews are all in synagogues, jewish schools, jewish businesses and jewish organisation offices. a jew could still be killed, the attackers could know of a jew and kill them, the attackers could see an orthodox jew in religious dress and kill them or the attackers could just kill someone who they didn't know was a jew and then europe would have "failed to protect jews".

you are the one who should grow up as you resort to flinging sht like an angry, mindless chimp.

it really says alot about you that you resort to painting people with a brush because they are pointing out how ridiculous your idea is and you expecting europe to be able to protect all jews.
not only do you need to grow up but apparently your brain needs to finish growing.

Not each one in the country obviously :dunce:

You protect those who are vulnerable in that locale, so here it would have been Paris and of course it is not going to be 100% failsafe, but it does not mean it should not happen.

and not only that, but also a team protecting a buildling wouldn't necessarily work, largely depending on the layout of the buildling. the team could be taken by suprise and killed and it would arguably be better to have all those police trying to hunt down the attackers before they kill anymore people at all
Original post by elhm1800
Yes that's correct but what right did they have to palestine? It was already inhabited when they came in...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Err, where do you think Jews come from? China?

What do you think the etymology of Jerusalem is? Is it an Arabic word?
Original post by Stalin
So was Iran in '53 - or at least heading in that direction - but it has bags of oil.

Iran wasn't invaded, rather a coup against its leader was sponsored. That's different.

Norway also has bags of oil, as does Canada. Invading both would be despicable. The USA has no intention of invading either, because they engage with international free trade like any good country should.
Original post by felamaslen
Iran wasn't invaded, rather a coup against its leader was sponsored. That's different.

Same result.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending