The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We shouldn't ban Islam, or any other religious ideology. Everyone should have the right to freedom of expression, however insulting their beliefs may be.
Original post by Dodgypirate
But you are Muslim right?

Can you please point out to me where I have said or have suggested that I am one????
No,I'm a Coptic arab Christian from Syria
Original post by queen-bee
Hmm...I'll be sure to bear that in mind.

Good, good. I like to see we're making a breakthrough.
Can you please point out to me where I have said or have suggested that I am one????

It's called an assumption ... the same thing you did when you assumed OP, or whoever, was generalising Muslims.
But you are Muslim right?

Another moment of irony ... Muslims AREN'T a minority in these areas, especially Porte de Vincennes. I would know that.

It's quite clear you're obsessed with all things islam
It's quite clear you're obsessed with all things islam

Yeah because pointing out how big the Muslim community in an area of Paris is an obsession :rolleyes:
Where did I state,in my quote,that I'm a Muslim? I speak up for ethic minorities and Muslims because there seems to be a lot of threads bashing them

Sorry Jumped to conclusions But tell me are you a muslim?

But as I have given you an example of muslims banning faiths and religious festivals would you not say we are better then them because we will not?
It's called an assumption ... the same thing you did when you assumed OP, or whoever, was generalising Muslims.

Trust me,he is generalising Muslims and the recent killings in Paris have been the perfect opportunity for him to come and vent his pent up anger
That would be giving the islamists what they want: more excuses to attack the west. Attacks on Muslims who are equally appalled by the attacks are just going to lead to disillusionment of Muslims who have done nothing wrong and fuel recruitment of more terrorists.
Original post by PopaPork
Sorry Jumped to conclusions But tell me are you a muslim?

But as I have given you an example of muslims banning faiths and religious festivals would you not say we are better then them because we will not?

No!!!!! I'm a Coptic from Syria.
No,nobody is better than anybody.
Trust me,he is generalising Muslims and the recent killings in Paris have been the perfect opportunity for him to come and vent his pent up anger

Of course he is ... :rolleyes:
Original post by Philbert
That would be giving the islamists what they want: more excuses to attack the west. Attacks on Muslims who are equally appalled by the attacks are just going to lead to disillusionment of Muslims who have done nothing wrong and fuel recruitment of more terrorists.

According to the OP,Muslims are inferior.

how do you feel that prior to arrival of the first islamic armies , your group was a large majority in syria, compared to waht it is now ( and in egypt even)

WE are better than these pathetic Muslim fanatics.
Of course he is ... :rolleyes:

Don't worry,this kind of stuff is always expected when it involves Muslims on the news or people of colour
Of course not. Banning a religion when many of its followers are law abiding and peaceful would only drive the moderates closer to the extremists.

This is what the jihadists want - they want Islam to end up persecuted because of terrorist acts, because then it's easier to brainwash people into supporting jihadists, who could finally get their war of "Islam vs the West" that they've been trying to provoke for so long.

Original post by RobMc
Scientology was banned in France.

No protests from leftists.

Just the mention of banning the death cult of Islam, and the leftists have a fit.

Has scientology actually been banned or have they simply refused to recognise it as a religion? Do you have any more information about it?

And Scientology is a money making scam rather than a religion.
According to the OP,Muslims are inferior.

The JIHADISTS are inferior.

Stop making something out of nothing please.
WE are better than these pathetic Muslim fanatics.

Nobody is born a radical. We are better in a sense that we have respect for human life and can live in harmony, but just don't generalise everyone that follows that same religion as they do.
Don't worry,this kind of stuff is always expected when it involves Muslims on the news or people of colour

Oh please ...

Why are you not still in Syria? Will you be going home sometime soon? (sorry being sarcastic)

So if a group refuses to ban a faith group and a second group does they are as good as each other

personally I think the group that refuses to ban people faiths are the better people. Sorry if this bothers you.

Latest