The Student Room Group

Solihull Sixth Form supervises students in toilet with door open to stop cheating

Reply 1
That's disgusting. Before they enter the toilet why not have someone ask them to empty their pockets and search them much like they do in airport security.

Inb4 rectal insertion of notes...
Reply 2
I know someone who actually went to the toilet and texted someone during our RS exam. She did not get caught though.
Reply 3
also people with conditions such as ibs or ibd will suffer because of this
That is ridiculous. Like a poster above said, if they have that bad a problem with cheating they should search the pupils before they leave the exam hall during an exam.
Awkward.
Reply 6
That's disgusting and I would feel really uncomfortable lmao there's a reason there are private cubicles and not an open space in the first place... At my school they stand outside the bathroom and wait, I expected them to come inside the bathroom but no :giggle:. They just stand outside and chat haha.
Original post by sdotd
also people with conditions such as ibs or ibd will suffer because of this

How?
Reply 8
Original post by MatureStudent36
How?

because they have a condition which is bad enough and now when they may need to go the toilet in the exam, they have to watched with the door open when sitting on the toilet
Original post by sdotd
because they have a condition which is bad enough and now when they may need to go the toilet in the exam, they have to watched with the door open when sitting on the toilet

But I different treatment than anybody else being watched going to the toilet.

Why's this such a problem. It's been going on for years.
Reply 10

Because if you are going for a wee then you should have gone before the exam but with these conditions you just don't know when you are going
I'm glad I didn't go to that school. I also can't believe the school is even allowed to do that.

If the school has problems with smuggling of mobile phones, why not just do a search of the person and the toilets beforehand? That would stop even the "inventive" pupils.

We all have school rules that we didn't like, but this one is in a totally different league of stupid.
Hahahaha I live quite near there

Unfortunately, if there's a track record of cheating they don't really have much choice.

I don't think it has been going on for years. Invigilators have always waited outside the toilets, but to my knowledge there's never had to have the toilet cubicle doors open. It's a disgusting invasion of privacy and I'm not aware of it happening prior to this incident.
They shouldn't be allowed to do that, this is poor.
Reply 15
Can't they just check pockets? So harsh on the students. Bet they are so uncomfortable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending