The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm sorry but you guys who think Islam will be banned have very poor understanding of the world. European countries like Britain, France will not ban Islam. They accept thousand of refugees from Muslim countries which they bomb and create such every year. France has a history of colonization in many African Muslim countries like Algeria, Senegal, Mali, Guinea etc. Many of which can go and live in France.
Original post by Meenglishnogood
how do you feel that prior to arrival of the first islamic armies , your group was a large majority in syria, compared to waht it is now ( and in egypt even)

We are a minority in the Arab world but as far as I was aware,before this whole arab spring thing,coptics and Muslims in Syria were getting along just fine and now we have groups like Isis who want to behead,it doesn't mean we believe all Muslims are our enemies
Original post by queen-bee
Nobody is born a radical. We are better in a sense that we have respect for human life and can live in harmony, but just don't generalise everyone that follows that same religion as they do.

You're stating the obvious, and honestly your ignorance is showing.

Of course no one is "born a radical" ... these men were radicalised :rolleyes:
Original post by Dodgypirate
The JIHADISTS are inferior.

Stop making something out of nothing please.

Dodgy I am generalizing I know But my point stands

Generally we are better than muslims.

I can give a country when only muslims are allowed to be citizens.

I can give a country where peoples religious holidays are banned

These are all Muslim countries.

Now muslims will of course say 'it's abhorrent' to think of banning a faith but you will notice they do not challenge or mention the fact that Muslim countries do exactly this

So yes we are better then THEM and we should remain so.
Original post by PopaPork
Why are you not still in Syria? Will you be going home sometime soon? (sorry being sarcastic)

So if a group refuses to ban a faith group and a second group does they are as good as each other

personally I think the group that refuses to ban people faiths are the better people. Sorry if this bothers you.

Don't make me verbally annihilate you.

And yes,I don't think it's appropriate for western countries to start punishing your average,law abiding muslim,stripping them of freedom to practice their religion because of extremists.
Islam isn't a race,it's just a religion.
Who made you superior?
We are all equal,whether you want to hear that or not, put your racist/islamophic issues aside and deal with it.

I think his point is, you can't ban a religion on grounds of being ethically superior to it and continue to be ethically superior to it. (Not that I believe we are in the first place.)

EDIT: Yeah, nevermind - he's just a bigot.
We are a minority in the Arab world but as far as I was aware,before this whole arab spring thing,coptics and Muslims in Syria were getting along just fine and now we have groups like Isis who want to behead,it doesn't mean we believe all Muslims are our enemies

You didn't answer the question

You were once the Majority now they are not

How do you feel about this?
Dodgy I am generalizing I know But my point stands

Generally we are better than muslims.

I can give a country when only muslims are allowed to be citizens.

I can give a country where peoples religious holidays are banned

These are all Muslim countries.

Now muslims will of course say 'it's abhorrent' to think of banning a faith but you will notice they do not challenge or mention the fact that Muslim countries do exactly this

So yes we are better then THEM and we should remain so.

It's likely you're going to be accused of Islamaphobia. I'm not going to agree, or disagree, with what you are saying, in feat that I will be censored.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think his point is, you can't ban a religion on grounds of being ethically superior to it and continue to be ethically superior to it. (Not that I believe we are in the first place.)

The issue I have is that he's generalising,and using these extremists as an example
It's likely you're going to be accused of Islamaphobia. I'm not going to agree, or disagree, with what you are saying, in feat that I will be censored.

Let's face it,you have an issue with Muslims in general,right?
Don't make me verbally annihilate you.

And yes,I don't think it's appropriate for western countries to start punishing your average,law abiding muslim,stripping them of freedom to practice their religion because of extremists.

Bless that you think you could:rolleyes:#

You're still dodging the question

all the things proposed (banning of faith, religious symbols etc...) actually happen in Muslim majority countries.

So tell me who are the better people?
The issue I have is that he's generalising,and using these extremists as an example

Yup. See my edit.
I normally try to be chilled about what people like to do and what they believe in, I also know that as many extremists as there may be, the majority is probably still alright in every social group, Muslims included. However, religion doesn't seem like a serious issue to me: it's not race or gender. Banning a religion is not like saying "you can't be black" and, as no one can turn white or Asian or anything, eradicating a race. Banning a religion is simply like banning a set of views dangerous to the society, like Nazism which I think is banned in my country. In the current political and social state, considering what is happening to many European countries - if there was a vote to ban Islam, I'd vote yes. If your religion is so important to you, just leave. If it isn't, just live :smile: I know religion doesn't exactly put a label on anyone's forehead and it's impossible to destroy without hurting the people involved. However, I still maintain the opinion that we need to stop welcoming Muslims with a smile. When we (Europeans, people who have different values to those of Islam) go to an Islamic country, our freedoms are severely limited. We don't get angry and retaliate though - we believe their country is their home, and we are guests, and they are to decide what they allow us to do and what they don't. We cover our bodies, abstain from drinking, showing feeling in public... And we certainly don't go on killing sprees because we're not allowed to live as we wish in said countries. So why don't we use the same right that we have and that we believe to be so normal for everyone else!? Why don't we set rules and expect the visitors to obey them?

Europe is our home and deep in my heart I believe it is and can be home to peaceful Muslims, too. However, in the current situations, I think it's more important to protect native AND integrated immigrants that think of themselves as Europeans, and to protect them, we need to deal with Islam. I'd rather it wasn't through a ban, but what else is there to do? Lighter measures should have been taken decades ago.

NP I've been a good boy for a while so while I may get a warning I stand by my opinions
You didn't answer the question

You were once the Majority now they are not

How do you feel about this?

How do you think I feel?
You're not going to get any hate speech out of me,that's for sure.
Original post by al_94
I'm sorry but you guys who think Islam will be banned have very poor understanding of the world. European countries like Britain, France will not ban Islam. They accept thousand of refugees from Muslim countries which they bomb and create such every year. France has a history of colonization in many African Muslim countries like Algeria, Senegal, Mali, Guinea etc. Many of which can go and live in France.

which is unfortunatey giving multiculturalism a bad name in france ( and also rest of europe) If the muslim communities refuse to reform and remove the influnce o f islamic preachers, groups etc from politics and society in gernal , the french have little choice, they have already taken far more measures than any other country
How do you think I feel?

Avoiding his question yet again ... :rolleyes:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Settle down sister :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I don't tolerate that sort of nonsense

youre both islamophobic and have something against arabs by the looks of it but don't test me,I'm warning you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Better to pursue firm secularist policies. Prohibiting faith schools would be a start.
(edited 9 years ago)
How do you think I feel?

I would imagine you feel quite angry about it (and if I knew you'd you'd get hugs the offer of coffee and some mild flirtation:wink:

But I know I wouldn't defend the people who had done this to me and made me leave my home and country

But again my points stand we are better than them

Latest

Trending

Trending