The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
I don't tolerate that sort of nonsense

youre both islamophobic and have something against arabs by the looks of it but don't test me,I'm warning you.

I don't respect people who speak out of line.

The only ARABS I have anything against are these Arabs who kill innocent people in the name of their God and their prophet. How dare you accuse me of Islamaphobia when all I've been doing is condemning the acts of these pitiful thugs. Grow up, and take a long break from the internet.
Original post by PopaPork
I would imagine you feel quite angry about it (and if I knew you'd you'd get hugs the offer of coffee and some mild flirtation:wink:

But I know I wouldn't defend the people who had done this to me and made me leave my home and country

But again my points stand we are better than them

Dream on please
nobody made me leave. I was born here and my parents were both born in western countries.
just don't mess with me,I'm warning you.
Original post by joe01223
we should ban atheists and zionists. The real problems.

Free Palestine!

I won't comment on the latter, but what actual, tangible problems do atheists cause in Europe? Please enlighten us will you.
Don't make me verbally annihilate you.

And yes,I don't think it's appropriate for western countries to start punishing your average,law abiding muslim,stripping them of freedom to practice their religion because of extremists.

i dont agree with 'banning' but you forget that islamists are already punishing the average 'law abiding muslim' with their rhetoric and actions. how manymuslims suffer due to the influence isalmic groups and leaders have over political matters?

there has to be a crackdown on spreading any sort of rhetoric that imposes islamist ideology on any community or promotes the idea- becuase iislamist ideoology only leads to confilct. mosuqes should be investigated and sheikhs arressted if the break ths , and internets hiehkhs should be traced and muslims that share their links also prosecuted.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Better off pursuing firm secularist policies. Prohibiting all faith schools would be a start.

This I agree with

But we need to clear our own house first and remove faith from the house of lords for example.

But yes we should be ensuring faith is something we keep to ourselves and out of the public sphere.
he's a racist in disguise

You say Muslims aren't a race, then you accuse me of being a racist? :biggrin::biggrin:

I rest my case.
Dream on please
nobody made me leave. I was born here and my parents were both born in western countries.

about which bit? But seriously you're now beginning to troll just a little.
Original post by Dodgypirate
And what, her threatening someone to "verbally annihilate" him is not?

It's not nearly as patronising, and she posted something that actually pertains to the issue in the same post. So no.
I don't respect people who speak out of line.

The only ARABS I have anything against are these Arabs who kill innocent people in the name of their God and their prophet. How dare you accuse me of Islamaphobia when all I've been doing is condemning the acts of these pitiful thugs. Grow up, and take a long break from the internet.

I'm pretty sure everyone has been doing the same thing as you but you shouldn't tell me to calm down after the comments he made about Syria.
Dream on please

Then you're not a Syrian Copt then:rolleyes:

You're as British as I am.
Reply 90
Original post by Meenglishnogood
which is unfortunatey giving multiculturalism a bad name in france ( and also rest of europe) If the muslim communities refuse to reform and remove the influnce o f islamic preachers, groups etc from politics and society in gernal , the french have little choice, they have already taken far more measures than any other country

Why are the Muslims to blame? They are made to feel like they don't belong more like guests. Guests should be taken care of and accommodated for.
Original post by al_94
Why are the Muslims to blame? They are made to feel like they don't belong more like guests. Guests should be taken care of and accommodated for.
they have been treated like guests like any immigrant group, muslims have fled the islamic world in t heir millions to live a better life in the West. im saying they need also to take responsibility for allowing islamst groups to gain influence in their society, and eventually over-rule the laws of the land. any other ethnic gorup would do the same to protect their rep. the problem is not isolated to france, the entire islamic world has allowed this problem to flourish and islamism has caused prolems now for everyone - hence why so many western countires have felt the need to intervene , becuase the islamic world spends more money on building mosques than tackling islamic fundamentalism
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 92
Let's just do a blanket ban of beards.

With the exception of Father Christmas, you can't trust a beard.
Original post by Lady Comstock
I won't comment on the latter, but what actual, tangible problems do atheists cause in Europe? Please enlighten us will you.

apologies. Ban all extremists of all religions. Lock them up.
You say Muslims aren't a race, then you accuse me of being a racist? :biggrin::biggrin:

I rest my case.

Your discrimination issues go far beyond religion my friend
should we ban all white Protestants because of the KKK?
Reply 96
Original post by Meenglishnogood
they have been treated like guests like any immigrant group, muslims have fled the islamic world in t heir millions to live a better life in the West. im saying they need also to take responsibility for allowing islamst groups to gain influence in their society, and eventually over-rule the laws of the land. any other ethnic gorup would do the same to protect their rep. the problem is not isolated to france, the entire islamic world has allowed this problem to flourish and islamism has caused prolems now for everyone - hence why so many western countires have felt the need to intervene , becuase the islamic world spends more money on building mosques than tackling islamic fundamentalism

Most Muslims are not part of some Islamist group. Multiculturalism is about respecting each others culture and values. You can't ban Muslim women from wearing part of their dress code and then talk about multiculturalism.
It's highly unlikely that any government will take steps to ban islam regardless of how many terror attacks it inspires, so these kinds of threads are a waste of time.
Reply 98
I feel like religion will never die out. There will ALWAYS be someone who believes in it. No matter how much people try and censor it and try and get rid of it for good, people will still believe in religion. Even if there is a ban, I think that extremism will rise. Religious people would feel the need to fight back and be even more resentful.
Reply 99
No. Most certainly not. But what I do believe is that it's time that we cease giving Islam 'special treatment' and have our legislations and policies go out of their way to accomodate and 'respect their 'doctrine'. We need to make it clear that we won't tolerate any of this stuff and as far as the newspaper sketches go, they need to realise that Muslims are no more special than christians or jews or pagans and are to be subjected to the same restrictions and protection as the afforementioned groups. If your religion wants to dismiss gays and non-believers as worthless sub-human beings but dont want to be subjected to ANY kind of criticism from the outside, even satyrical, then I'm sorry but no. These double standards wont fly in europe.

Mulsims need to understand that they are coming to Europe on their own accord and as such should be ready to face the consequeces. Them being, intergration, appreciation of the values of the countries they settle, equality, and freedom of speech. They need to realise that they are in no position to feel 'entitled' to any kind of special treatment, in the same way as any european.

They need to behave. They are guests in Europe. And they ought to respect that, and their hosts.

Latest

Trending

Trending