The Student Room Group

Apple Education Store

Hey!
So I turn 18 in just over a month, and I'm looking at getting a MacBook.
Looking at the apple education store, I noticed the price is only about £30 less than the normal pricing. But then I went through the NUS link (which takes you to a variant of the Apple education store) and noticed the price is an extra £110 cheaper for the model I'm looking at.
Is the education pricing location specific? If they don't let me buy through the NUS store, then I would be using my mums NUT discount, but that would be at the higher price.
Thanks
-Lucas
Moved to the technology section :smile:
Original post by LucasADNorth
Hey!
Looking at the apple education store, I noticed the price is only about £30 less than the normal pricing. But then I went through the NUS link (which takes you to a variant of the Apple education store) and noticed the price is an extra £110 cheaper for the model I'm looking at.
Is the education pricing location specific? If they don't let me buy through the NUS store, then I would be using my mums NUT discount, but that would be at the higher price.
Thanks
-Lucas

It's tiered based on education level- generally further education (A Level or equivalent) based links get a lower amount of discount compared to higher education (university or equivalent) ones. It varies from product to product and model to model, but it tends to be about 10% off MacBooks with FE and 14-15% with HE. I believe the generic "education store" not affiliated with an institution has an even lower rate, hence only £30 off. NUS is obviously more commonly associated with universities, hence the much higher rate.
Original post by LucasADNorth
Hey!
Thanks
-Lucas

As Gofre stated...............as you haven't hit university yet, why not wait until then?
As I understand the Macbook Air range is supposed to get some major changes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending