The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qari
so there's no real statistic

There are many statistics. Taken together the implication is that a Muslim is anywhere from 5.6 to 8 times more likely to be imprisoned in France than would be expected from their proportion of the population.
Reply 1041
Original post by Josb
Ethnic statistics is forbidden in France.

really why?
Reply 1042
Original post by Clip
You've been busy congratulating people for a job well done, before you know it's a job well done.

They got the hostage out safely, that was the main priority. Don't know what right you have to criticise them.
Original post by Qari
so do you believe that we are evolved from apes or don't you believe that?

lol. Sorry, but if you think that is what evolution actually says that is frankly hilarious. Gotta love religious propaganda giving people false information because they can't win on honest ground.
Reply 1044
Original post by ParasiteRex
There are many statistics. Taken together the implication is that a Muslim is anywhere from 5.6 to 8 times more likely to be imprisoned in France than would be expected from their proportion of the population.

took me too read it twice to understand
Reply 1045
Great how they manage to drag Jewish communities into things left right and centre. Celebrations of both attacks going on in Palestinian Territories. So surprising.

General Muslim comments on here amount to: 'we condemn the attacks, but we dont have much sympathy for the victims. they had it coming' - both on isoc and this thread.

Should have just slammed missiles into the car as it left the scene and turned their lives and friends upside down yesterday Shin Bet style.
Original post by Qari
. so do you believe that we are evolved from apes or don't you believe that?

Like virtually all scientists, I believe that man and apes are descended from a common ancestor and are therefore related. If you wish to mock me for that belief then it is your right.
Reply 1047
Original post by Qari
really why?

It could be used by "racists".
Reply 1048
Original post by SamKeene
lol. Sorry, but if you think that is what evolution actually says that is frankly hilarious. Gotta love religious propaganda giving people false information because they can't win on honest ground.

no I was just wondering what his belief is?
so what is evolution please clarify?
Original post by Naima_786
Exactly, so surely you want muslims to integrate in society rather than seclude themselves and commit these types of crimes

but most moderate muslims don't go around threatening and killing people, only the extremists and terrorists do.

Have you thought that maybe I as a non-muslim would need you to accommodate my religious views? That I can be offended as well?
Reply 1050
Original post by G8D
Christianity and Judaism have been mocked far more yet the response from those faith have been... mostly civil or non-existent.

Why should we provide special treatment for people who insist on reacting like spoiled children?

Cmon, don't you know. This was all the jews fault. Denying holocaust denial should be allowed if satirising Mohammed is.
Reply 1051
Original post by Dexa
They got the hostage out safely, that was the main priority. Don't know what right you have to criticise them.

Just saying that the French in general can't do anything right. I would reserve judgement on the efficacy of the French police until the dust has settled and it's come out how the situation has actually resolved. I have a feeling it won't be quite so rosy by tomorrow morning.
Original post by SiminaM
But I don't see the point in mocking other religions.

I quite agree. All religions should be mocked.
Reply 1053
Original post by Good bloke
Like virtually all scientists, I believe that man and apes are descended from a common ancestor and are therefore related. If you wish to mock me for that belief then it is your right.

I wouldn't because it's your belief.
if we were mates might joke with you about it but that's it
Reply 1054
Original post by Josb
It could be used by "racists".

how could they be used by racists?
Original post by SiminaM
http://mic.com/articles/107988/the-hero-of-the-charlie-hebdo-shooting-we-re-overlooking

I agree that mas murders are never justified. What drives me crazy, as an european and a chrisitian is the mockery that islamic religion has faced FOR YEARS in europe. And frankly, I think this issue is far larger than this attack. I know that western countries are sick of immigrants, but they come from colonies so deal with it - not a valid point I know but it is historically hypocritical....
Terrorism is unacceptable and no one deserves to be murdered.
But I don't see the point in mocking other religions.
Never had I heard a muslim/middle east publication mock christianity - they don't agree with it, but they don't make others feel like crap for believing in what they do. At least they take their religion very seriously, something europeans don't do anymore - not that I do, I'm just saying from this point of view, I respect muslims.
There are 5-6 MILLIONS muslims in France, why mock all of them just to annoy terrorists(because the magazine knew people were angry at them and didn't stop). Can someone explain me what those drawings mean aside from shaming 6 million people- only in France, worldwide who knows?- for their belief?

Again, I feel terribly sorry for the victims of terrorism but I do not agree that the publication is seen as a freedom of speech martyr - in my opinion, they abused the freedom of speech and those drawing are extremely offensive and hurtful.

mockery is an effective form of criticism, as opposed to simply writing down what they have issue with. Written words on paper are hard to memorise unless it is part of a body that is on whole already important to you. We all remember jokes easier than we remember just plain facts. In school people make dirty/funny songs in order to remember infomation for exams. On top of that the images depict critisms that themselves are offensive, The statement, muhammad was barbaric, is offensive to muslims but its proponents can support that arguement with infomation from his life. Opposing the drawing of said statement is to oppose the statements themselves and to oppose critism in general
Original post by Qari
no I was just wondering what his belief is?
so what is evolution please clarify?

This is the wrong thread. Go to the evolution thread, where your views will be torn apart by experts.
Original post by She-Ra
I think that's an unfair comment. At the moment the BBC are speculating. The picture is still available on Twitter and hasn't been removed. Bearing in mind it was only tweeted an hour ago I think it's a coincidence personally.

Islam does have a history of modern violence unlike any other religion. I.e. violence 19th and 20th century onwards. So, the facts speak against you.
Reply 1058
Original post by Qari
how could they be used by racists?

Easy, take the % of Africans in prison.
Original post by Clip
Just saying that the French in general can't do anything right. I would reserve judgement on the efficacy of the French police until the dust has settled and it's come out how the situation has actually resolved. I have a feeling it won't be quite so rosy by tomorrow morning.

It did take 80,000 people on the ground to sort it out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending