The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crazyangelg
Invited to CC AC! 😊

Original post by STheBlondie
CC assessment day invite also, finally a response from my vac scheme apps haha! ������

Original post by Kidioteque
Another CC assessment centre invite here :smile:

Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Congrats to all the CC ACers! :smile:

[video="youtube;gbrbUfYSt0E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrbUfYSt0E[/video]
Congrats to everyone invited to CC :smile:

On a separate note, these American firms are aggressive as hell! I just found out that Cooley's are planning on launching in London and have raided Edwards Wildman and MoFo to prepare.
Original post by mcrlawstudent
[video="youtube;gbrbUfYSt0E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrbUfYSt0E[/video]

:rofl:
Original post by mcrlawstudent

I have never watched High School Musical, but I have this feeling that David Cameron's "we're all in this together" tagline was inspired from that song. Now if only he'd sing it during PMQ...
Well done to everyone with CC AC invites. But did any of you apply just before the deadline?
Original post by de jure
Well done to everyone with CC AC invites. But did any of you apply just before the deadline?

Yeah, submitted my application in the early hours of Monday 5th and then did my VR test in the afternoon.
Yeah, submitted my application in the early hours of Monday 5th and then did my VR test in the afternoon.

Thanks. I did both before that date. Looks like I'll just have to wait patiently.
Who did people address their Kirkland cover letter to?
Rejection from CC and Freshfields in the space of an hour :lol:

(very poorly worded email from CC)
Original post by liarpoker
Rejection from CC and Freshfields in the space of an hour :lol:

(very poorly worded email from CC)

Commiserations!

What was poorly worded about it?
Who did people address their Kirkland cover letter to?

I wrote Dear Sir/Madam

But not sure that's necessarily right - could address it to Graduate Recruitment Team?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Commiserations!

What was poorly worded about it?

Dear X

We have carefully considered your application form for the summer vacation scheme, and unfortunately based on the information you have provided, we regret not to be able to offer you a place on our Non-Law insight workshop. Please do not take our decision as any reflection on your ability or potential as a future solicitor. We do receive a large number of applications and are unable to invite every candidate to interview. We encourage you to make an application to the training contact which is open now until the
31st January.

Definitely didn't apply for the non-law insight workshop (guessing a typo) and TC point is confusing..

Definitely didn't apply for the non-law insight workshop (guessing a typo) and TC point is confusing..

Bit of a bad show from them. You'd expect when they insist on attention to detail, they would not make such typos in an email.
Original post by de jure

I applied the day before the deadline
Original post by Defragmentation
PFO from CC for the 'non-law insight workshop' apparently when I applied for the summer vac scheme. It seems law firms don't have to play by the same rules of attention to detail that we have to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ScroogeHumbug
Bit of a bad show from them. You'd expect when they insist on attention to detail, they would not make such typos in an email.

So true, I saw a fairly obvious typo in a firm's brochure and another one in an email :tongue:
Original post by Defragmentation
PFO from CC for the 'non-law insight workshop' apparently when I applied for the summer vac scheme. It seems law firms don't have to play by the same rules of attention to detail that we have to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Commiserations, mate - time to prove them wrong!
Commiserations, mate - time to prove them wrong!

Cheers bud! Kinda okay with it considering how quickly they got back to me.

Best of luck with your AC :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This has been a very slow week. I would have expected the majority of rolling law firms to have gotten back to everyone by now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Aspiringlawyer20
Macfarlanes AC tomorrow! Very excited/nervous

Yo!

Did you manage to get on to the vac scheme?
has anyone heard back from Taylor Wessing about a vac scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending