The Student Room Group

Volunteering in 3rd year of university?

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about applying for a veterinary nursing course when I graduate, but I need two weeks worth of experience before I start. I'm thinking about volunteering one day a week but I'm also worried about whether this will affect my uni work. Any advice on volunteering in final year at university?
Reply 1
It won`t as long as you agree with your employer.
Original post by FTaylor33
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about applying for a veterinary nursing course when I graduate, but I need two weeks worth of experience before I start. I'm thinking about volunteering one day a week but I'm also worried about whether this will affect my uni work. Any advice on volunteering in final year at university?

I volunteer atm, I think as long as you find a good balance you'll manage. you just have to be organised and stay on top of things. it depends on your course as well i suppose, im not in uni that many hours a week so I do have a lot of free time, but I have a lot of work to do as well, and I work a part time job. last semester I managed fine but I think this semester will be more demanding so ill see how I get on. just dont overload yourself and remember what your priorities are.
Reply 3
Thanks, I emailed my tutor and he recommended no...he was a bit rude to be honest. I really don't know what to do
Thanks, I emailed my tutor and he recommended no...he was a bit rude to be honest. I really don't know what to do

do you not get any holidays off uni you could volunteer during?

Just do it. I volunteer at Brownies and several of the other helpers are 3rd years.

Quick Reply

Latest