The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Firenze26
Mock official. The school's gonna give it to use like it's the real thing on envelopes and all that where the attendance of parent's ain't necessary. The parent's evening is after the mock results thing so, luckily, my parents won't be there.

I think I'm gonna flop everything, especially physics, french and english lang and lit. :frown:

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

This is the same in my school and our teachers r teasing us I was sitting next to my geography exam paper (they were upside down) arrrhhhh so annoying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fallen99
This is the same in my school and our teachers r teasing us I was sitting next to my geography exam paper (they were upside down) arrrhhhh so annoying :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the feeling, something like that actually happened yesterday before class. My teacher was marking something and my classmate asked "Whose test is that?" and they replied that it was mine. And when they were marking, they kept looking at me and nodding and then shaking their head and then nodding and then he stopped, sighed and started again and.... gosh, It was nerve-wrecking. 😥

P.S.

I know the feeling, something like that actually happened yesterday before class. My teacher was marking something and my classmate asked "Whose test is that?" and they replied that it was mine. And when they were marking, they kept looking at me and nodding and then shaking their head and then nodding and then he stopped, sighed and started again and.... gosh, It was nerve-wrecking. 😥

P.S.

I feel ur pain n I also hate the looks they give u it feels like they r taking a revenge from us :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gilo98
If it's any consolation; in chemistry, we have only covered C1 and half of C2 (still haven't done the ISA either) :biggrin:

Aha, resembles the history department at mine!!

We're in the same situation, the annoying thing about it is that they're so big on setting revision and saying they're important but we have the most work left to do before exams in science!
I feel ur pain n I also hate the looks they give u it feels like they r taking a revenge from us :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right, and what's worse is that they keep dropping hints about the results and then changing the subject or joking about the results. This was how my first day back went....

Physics: "The grade average for the other class (the smarter class) was a low borderline B"

RS "Two people in this class got a G"

History: "You did fine, Firenze. I'm sure of it. You're exams speaks for itself" 😊".....Although, I still haven't checked the papers though."😨

When are you gonna get your results back?

P.S.

I know right, and what's worse is that they keep dropping hints about the results and then changing the subject or joking about the results. This was how my first day back went....

Physics: "The grade average for the other class (the smarter class) was a low borderline B"

RS "Two people in this class got a G"

History: "You did fine, Firenze. I'm sure of it. You're exams speaks for itself" 😊".....Although, I still haven't checked the papers though."😨

When are you gonna get your results back?

P.S.

I will get them back this Friday and my whole weekend depends on the result I will achieve :frown: wbu when r u getting urs back
Well my teacher was I wasn't expecting these results they were below my expectations and blah blah blah blah. I am annoyed as hell. Whichever class I go they hve exam results on their desks and they r smirking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I will get them back this Friday and my whole weekend depends on the result I will achieve :frown: wbu when r u getting urs back
Well my teacher was I wasn't expecting these results they were below my expectations and blah blah blah blah. I am annoyed as hell. Whichever class I go they hve exam results on their desks and they r smirking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gonna get mine in the 12 days, on the 19th. It's gonna be painful I tell you.

Good luck on your results, hope you got the grades you wanted. :smile:

P.S.

I'm gonna get mine in the 12 days, on the 19th. It's gonna be painful I tell you.

Good luck on your results, hope you got the grades you wanted. :smile:

P.S.

Thanks and good luck to u too and as mentioned before ur grammar is fine n no one cares about grammar except teachers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol got a b in English language but my coursework would push it up to an a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why are you guys getting so stressed about some damn mocks? I had a maths mock today and although I consider myself as really good in the subject, I literally did not have a clue on what was going on. Knew the answer to maybe like what, 4 questions?

Not really bothered a lot though, it's not like they reflect what we'll get in May - well, at least in my case.
(edited 9 years ago)
Got an actual GCSE maths exam today... Haven't even revised much for it... So screwed is what I am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trihawk7
Got an actual GCSE maths exam today... Haven't even revised much for it... So screwed is what I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do they still do January exams?
Original post by Steliata
Do they still do January exams?

I do certainly, since my exam board isn't in England the linear exams don't apply to me. Though I do 4 maths papers instead of the regular 2, and todays paper is supposed to be the hardest exam of all the maths exam... Harder than the June maths exam I still have to do :confused:
I do certainly, since my exam board isn't in England the linear exams don't apply to me. Though I do 4 maths papers instead of the regular 2, and todays paper is supposed to be the hardest exam of all the maths exam... Harder than the June maths exam I still have to do :confused:

That sounds grim. Well, good luck all the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it went well. :smile:

I'm doing maths atm (do 2 papers and the 2nd one is on Monday! Eeek!) -I know the pain. :frown:
Original post by turn-to-page394
Hope it went well. :smile:

I'm doing maths atm (do 2 papers and the 2nd one is on Monday! Eeek!) -I know the pain. :frown:

If only I can say it went well... I revised so much for circle theorems only to find there was zero. Zero. Defo isn't a very good mark... Probably a B max since I didn't know a lot of the paper and ended up just doing the "don't leave any space blank" thing...

Good luck on yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If only I can say it went well... I revised so much for circle theorems only to find there was zero. Zero. Defo isn't a very good mark... Probably a B max since I didn't know a lot of the paper and ended up just doing the "don't leave any space blank" thing...

Good luck on yours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG, same! Panicked so much about surds. Nope. Nada. None. Now they'll be on the next paper - or hopefully not, seeing as I suck at them for some reason... I always work out the answer as I'm leaving the exam.... ._.

I'm sure they went well - you're just focusing on what went badly not what went well (glass half full or empty, you know - not that I can talk being the obvs great optimistic I am! :P).

Thanks! Hoping to drag my mark up - or at least not drag it down. :/
I got B/C in my AQA English Language Controlled Assesments. They count for 40% of the grade. Any tips on how to boost my grade to an A in the English Language paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been ages since I've posted here! I got my Maths GCSE results for the exams I sat in November and I got an A, which is a full GCSE!

I have my English language exams next week which I'm not looking forward to, I haven't done too well on past paper practice.

I hope everyone else's January exams are going well :smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394
OMG, same! Panicked so much about surds. Nope. Nada. None. Now they'll be on the next paper - or hopefully not, seeing as I suck at them for some reason... I always work out the answer as I'm leaving the exam.... ._.

I'm sure they went well - you're just focusing on what went badly not what went well (glass half full or empty, you know - not that I can talk being the obvs great optimistic I am! :P).

Thanks! Hoping to drag my mark up - or at least not drag it down. :/

I always seem to remember everything in the last 5 minutes :emo:...

Nah, definitely not, I missed out a lot as in I mean probably 2/5 of the paper was left to guessing :frown: It was quite a logical paper and while the past papers you could check your answers in the last 30 mins, this paper only left me with the last 5 mins to think of the 2/5 that I left out...

Lets hope you pull it up rather than dragging it down :smile:

Original post by sunday_morning
It's been ages since I've posted here! I got my Maths GCSE results for the exams I sat in November and I got an A, which is a full GCSE!

I have my English language exams next week which I'm not looking forward to, I haven't done too well on past paper practice.

I hope everyone else's January exams are going well :smile:

I did my B1 in November as a resit and got it back yesterday to find I got a high A :smile: Was really hoping for an A* but still, close enough :smile: Pretty chuffed. Resat it because in year 10 I did it but I didn't finish the paper :emo:

Latest