The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mac657
Muslims live in a world of conspiracy. Every bomb, earthquake, or disease epidemic is the JOOS/MOSSAD/CIA.

Remember when they blamed Shark attacks off Egypt's coast on Israel training up Sharks to harm Egypt's tourism.

I don't remember that, but I can't say I'm surprised. In the age of the internet there's conspiracy theories about everything.
Original post by SiminaM
Then what is the difference between offending someone for their skin color or for their religion and culture? Why is racism seen as a bad thing if mocking a religion/culture is seen as an act of freedom of speech?

One has no control over their race, but does over their beliefs...

Event's of the last few days have been truly shocking to see, but hopefully we will carry on on a path that Charlie Hebdo would be proud of. Whatever these gunman were aiming to achieve from these murders they have failed, the response so far has been complete unity and support for freedom of speech from all over the world (Islamic nations included).

Here's hoping that France stays united and that far right movements like the National Front (France's version of UKIP) does not gain popularity as a result (Charlie Hebdo is left wing in nature but I'm sure if this had happened in the UK UKIP would be using it to try to stir up hate against non-Brits).

Here's hoping France is made stronger and more united as a result of these attacks and my thoughts are with the families of the murdered :frown:
Original post by joe01223
what about the violence against muslims? in Iraq? in Afghanistan?

Yes, the vast majority of violence against Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan is perpetrated by other Muslims.

What does that have to do with Israel?
Original post by SiminaM
I don't have any prophet, I'm a christian. If you had paid attention, you would have seen that I feel sorry for the victims of terrorism, I just find the drawings offensive and I'm not okay with the fact that so called western progressed europeans act like school bullies insulting people for their faith, yet think this is a minor thing. Terrorism is a huge issue I agree and no one deserves to die, but that doesn't mean we should ignore everything else, because picking on others will only make matters worse.

So you're saying they deserved death for drawing a bloody cartoon?

Religious beliefs are ridiculous and they deserve to be ridiculed. The fact people like you respond with violence demonstrate how childish those beliefs are, and how insecure you are about the fact that there is no evidence to support them
Original post by SiminaM
I don't have any prophet, I'm a christian. If you had paid attention, you would have seen that I feel sorry for the victims of terrorism, I just find the drawings offensive and I'm not okay with the fact that so called western progressed europeans act like school bullies insulting people for their faith, yet think this is a minor thing. Terrorism is a huge issue I agree and no one deserves to die, but that doesn't mean we should ignore everything else, because picking on others will only make matters worse.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. You're basically justifying what happened because they were "picked on." They were not singled out, every faith has been the "victim" of satire, but CIVILISED people do not respond to discontent with gunfire.
And if you think that as a Christian that you don't have a prophet, I would really, really reconsider your religion.
Original post by young_guns
So you're saying they deserved death for drawing a bloody cartoon?

Religious beliefs are ridiculous and they deserve to be ridiculed. The fact people like you respond with violence demonstrate how childish those beliefs are, and how insecure you are about the fact that there is no evidence to support them

I said I felt terrible for the victims and terrorism is unacceptable. I just find it unfair that a community was mocked. What do you know about my belief?
Is United kingdom Next?
aka London.
i dont really know what happen in Paris cause i dont read the news much,but my understand they shot people who work in newspapers.
what did the newspapers people do?
How did the killer get away? France polices are not smart and fast enough.
Original post by ParasiteRex
He's not necessarily wrong. The prime target for most jihadis is the US, yet the US has practically no problem with Islamic domestic terrorism despite a population of about 2 million Muslims. This is because to immigrate to the US you need an education and capital both of which could probably be shown to inversely correlate to tendency to performing criminal acts.

I agree with you on that; the US and Australia predominantly took in middle class immigrants, the ambitious and educated ones (from Italy, Greece, Lebanon, Vietnam and China), while Europe accepted millions of illiterate, unskilled peasants from some of the most backward areas in the world

I think there's another consideration; in the US, you are welcome to keep aspects of your own culture but you are bloody well expected to integrate, no ifs and no buts. They don't believe in multiculturalism, they believe in a monoculture into which everyone is expected to integrate

That has worked well for the US, and I think we have been far too lenient in our expectations of immigrants. I have no truck with racists whatsoever, racists are idiots. But I do expect Britons of whatever ethnicity to speak English, to support parliamentary democracy and the rule of law and to accept our beliefs about tolerance and equality.
Original post by Dani California

And if you think that as a Christian that you don't have a prophet, I would really, really reconsider your religion.

'Prophet' was previously mentioned as a reference to Muhamad- that's what I refered to - I don't have a prophet, I have Jesus. Don't twist my words, Muhamad as a prophet is different as christian prophets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SiminaM
I said I felt terrible for the victims and terrorism is unacceptable. I just find it unfair that a community was mocked.

How is it unfair? Specifically?

Are you saying that ridiculous beliefs are beyond ridicule?

And saying you feel terrible for the victims doesn't answer the question; do you believe they brought it on themselves?
Original post by SiminaM
I just find it unfair that a community was mocked. What do you know about my belief?

You still aren't thinking clearly. The community wasn't mocked. Its beliefs were. We know exactly what you have told us (about your beliefs). You say you are Christian (but you don't know about the prophets) and that you think people's beliefs shouldn't be mocked. From this we know that you haven't yet thought things through very clearly.
Original post by SiminaM
'Prophet' was previously mentioned as a reference to Muhamad- that's what I refered to - I don't have a prophet, I have Jesus. Don't twist my words, Muhamad as a prophet is different as christian prophets.

Err, you seem to be confused. Allah (god) and the prophet (Mohammed) are two separate things.
Original post by GailQ
None of those incidents you mentioned were done in the name of Christianity. That is the difference. Just because Western countries are founded on Christianity does not make all Westerners Christian.

I am tired of people saying this isn't about religion. Here are the facts:
Yesterday, 12 people were killed for making a magazine containing depictions of Muhammad
The gunmen shouted "Allahu akbar" as they committed the crime

Do not tell me that that has absolutely nothing to do with religion, because that is a blatant lie and I don't understand how so many people can defend that position.

nah religion has been hijacked imo.
whether these guys are muslim,atheists,catholics or what ever they are.
As i pointed out before people from all religions have played a big hand in effing up the world.
For me this is to do with brainwashed ethnic men and the wests disgraceful treatment of said ethnics and a big struggle for power
Original post by SiminaM

I think you'll find that Mohammed if the prophet...but that really was a side note. Have you nothing to say about you placing religious views above satire?
Original post by SiminaM
Muhamad as a prophet is different as christian prophets.

Well, no. That is wrong. All prophets claim to speak for their god, or to act as a channel of communication for their god. This applies to Mohammed as well as to the Old Testament prophets (who form the basis for the Messiah's coming for Christians and are very important).
This entire episode demonstrates the fundamental weakness of the Islamofascists, a spasm of violence that says everything about how they lack strength, or ideological coherence

Their best bet is to attack soft targets, like newspapers and supermarkets, and murder civilians and target women and children; they are cowards, and their ideology is a dead end.

Since 2001, they haven't pulled off a single spectacular attack, and no large-scale attacks in the West since 2005.

On the other hand, we've killed over 50,000 Islamofascists since the start of the War on Terror. We are becoming stronger and better at dealing with terrorism (see all the terrorist plots foiled by the Metropolitan Police).

Islamofascists have literally no answers to the fundamental social and economic questions of the 21st century, and like Hitler they are finding to their detriment just how formidable an opponent an aroused democracy can be
Original post by Mac657
Weren't most of these conflicts because of Islamist savagery?

Remind me again why the US went into Afghanistan?

Something to do with your fascist tribe slaughtering thousands of civilians, wasn't it?

See this is why i cant debate with you lot tbh.
The west has a history of rewriting history to suit their own agenda.
If you choose not to believe that then thats down to you then but all I know is the west are bad,the muslims are bad humans are bad.
I tried to meet you half way but me and you can part ways separately.
Original post by matthewduncan

Says the person who claimed the dead Moslem policeman was really an actor and that this was all a cunning western plot. :rolleyes:

Get a grip. And a new tinfoil hat.
Original post by SiminaM
'Prophet' was previously mentioned as a reference to Muhamad- that's what I refered to - I don't have a prophet, I have Jesus.
Abraham was quite important. Cause of a few punch-ups over land ownership. Spoken to by angels.
Jacob, renamed Israel by God.
Noah - told by God to expect a weather bomb.
Jacob - heard the voice of God.
Jonah - Jesus said he was a prophet.
plus scores of others. But saving the best until last:
Moses - performed the odd miracle and given the ten commandments.
Original post by matthewduncan

So you're saying 9/11 didn't happen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending