The Student Room Group

HELP! what happens when i dont arrive at the uni on the desired date? .

I have to be there at Staffordshire University on the 19th of january , but i am having doubts whether i will be able to make it on time as i have not yet received my visa and i might be getting it on the week commencing from the 19th i guess . Its actually stated in my CAS that " Latest date a student can be accepted on to the course" as 19th january!

Guys please help me on this. I have sent a mail to the university regarding this , but haven't got a reply yet. i actually think the university is yet to be re-opened after the holidays. So can someone please help me out with this situation ?:frown::frown::frown:
Your best bet is to contact the uni themselves :smile:
Original post by *Interrobang*
Your best bet is to contact the uni themselves :smile:

Thanks for the reply . Yea i have tried that, no responds as of yet. have you come across any people with this situation ? there sure is a solution right ?
I haven't I'm afraid, but there probably will have been people who have been in a similar situation somewhere
Original post by *Interrobang*
I haven't I'm afraid, but there probably will have been people who have been in a similar situation somewhere

thanks for some positive words man! i am also hoping the same , that people would have come across such situations and my uni probably has a solution for that! cheers mate :wink:
I had the same issue during my undergrad at Queen Mary Uni (which was 8 years ago lol). They were perfectly fine by it, missed a couple of days of fresher's week, registration & ID thing but that was all done at the office after we arrived. They were very understanding considering us being international students. Like everyone else said, check with them or better yet, call them up :smile:
Reply 6
This happened to a friend in my MSc course. He arrived two weeks late after registration due to paperwork delay. But he contacted programme manager three weeks before deadline about his problem when it became evident. Uni replied that though profs are concerned if he can catch up with course work. He arrived, registered, showed his complete paperwork and caught up. He even reached out to some students and asked them for notes of missed classes.

Communicate your problem to programme manager clearly. Good luck.
Original post by Tcannon
This happened to a friend in my MSc course. He arrived two weeks late after registration due to paperwork delay. But he contacted programme manager three weeks before deadline about his problem when it became evident. Uni replied that though profs are concerned if he can catch up with course work. He arrived, registered, showed his complete paperwork and caught up. He even reached out to some students and asked them for notes of missed classes.

Communicate your problem to programme manager clearly. Good luck.

Thanks a lot mate for you reply. Yea i did contact my uni and they have actually given me up to 1 month of extension. I actually wanted only 2 or 3 days.They were actually very kind enough to understand this situation :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending