The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hobes1
Lazard rej, loved the personalised email from them saying 'Dear Candidate' - feeling special :wink:

That's as personalised as it gets
Original post by cupsoftea
What? It's a genuine question. These programs are super competitive obviously, but I haven't see any numbers thrown around and wondered if there are any released.

DB is between 1-2% sucess rate. Assume they get the same amount if applications as most BBs and only take 20-25 then work from there to work out figures for other places, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4282
Anyone not heard back from Lazard yet? Applied 1st Jan, but someone who applied on 25th Dec has been reviewed. Hopefully they get onto the Jan applications tomorrow!
Hey does anyone know the dates for the GS spring internship?
Original post by mco10
did they send you an email saying youve passed the test?

Original post by TahaK
How did you know you passed the test?

Yeah I got an email saying I passed the test and that my application is now under review.
Do you know how likely it is to be offered Summer internship at GS as a second-year student at 4-year degree?
I sent the application on 23rd October and haven't get any reply yet! The application status is 'process of reviewing your application'.
Original post by honza93
Do you know how likely it is to be offered Summer internship at GS as a second-year student at 4-year degree?
I sent the application on 23rd October and haven't get any reply yet! The application status is 'process of reviewing your application'.

If you've told them you're graduating in 2017 you'll be automatically sifted out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4287
Original post by mikiu15
Yeah I got an email saying I passed the test and that my application is now under review.

i guess i didnt pass then. i took their verbal test btw
Original post by Aenigma
If you've told them you're graduating in 2017 you'll be automatically sifted out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm, probably you are right.
But on their websites, there is: 'usually undertaken during the second or penultimate year of study'. So I thought the 'second' applies for those on 4-year degree and 'penultimate' to those on 3-year degree... :/
Anyone knows if investment banks register phone interviews?
Hi guys,

Had my BAML phone interview earlier, I thought it went reasonably well but it seemed quite short, is 20 minutes about the right length for these interviews? It said it was going to be 45 minutes on the email I was sent.

Cheers
Reply 4291
Original post by Youk
Anyone not heard back from Lazard yet? Applied 1st Jan, but someone who applied on 25th Dec has been reviewed. Hopefully they get onto the Jan applications tomorrow!

Yeah I haven't heard back yet, applied 14th Dec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4292
Original post by honza93
Hm, probably you are right.
But on their websites, there is: 'usually undertaken during the second or penultimate year of study'. So I thought the 'second' applies for those on 4-year degree and 'penultimate' to those on 3-year degree... :/

Most people do 3 year courses so that's when they refer to 'second year', usually firms put penultimate for clarification :smile: I'm 2nd year on a 4 year course which is why I've applied for spring weeks this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vmwl
Most people do 3 year courses so that's when they refer to 'second year', usually firms put penultimate for clarification :smile: I'm 2nd year on a 4 year course which is why I've applied for spring weeks this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably didn't notice that they offer Spring programmes when I was applying! :biggrin: thanks anyway and Good luck!!
Original post by honza93
I probably didn't notice that they offer Spring programmes when I was applying! :biggrin: thanks anyway and Good luck!!

Don't give up hope yet! It's unlikely but not impossible - a lot of luck involved. I'm also a second year on a four year course, applied to MS summer this year. Got through two rounds of interviews though haven't heard back since so imagine I've been rejected or put on hold for AC. Still, the opportunity was there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Beige101
It's unlikely but not impossible - a lot of luck involved. I'm also a second year on a four year course, applied to MS summer this year. Got through two rounds of interviews though haven't heard back since so imagine I've been rejected or put on hold for AC. Still, the opportunity was there.

Yeah! I have applied for summer internship at MS as well, and even got to AC but then I was rejected :/. There is really few companies offering summer internships for second years on 4year course.
Original post by honza93
Yeah! I have applied for summer internship at MS as well, and even got to AC but then I was rejected :/. There is really few companies offering summer internships for second years on 4year course.

Sorry to hear that, huge respect for MS considering us all the same. Schroders take students from all years for summer. It's asset management but would still be great experience. There are a few other banks that look at younger students, and a few wildcards if you're desperate for a summer programme like case study competitions.
Reply 4297
Original post by honza93

I think RBC Capital Markets didn't specify what year you had to be in, did you submit an application for that? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lily_07
Hi guys,

Had my BAML phone interview earlier, I thought it went reasonably well but it seemed quite short, is 20 minutes about the right length for these interviews? It said it was going to be 45 minutes on the email I was sent.

Cheers

Same here dw
Original post by Beige101
Sorry to hear that, huge respect for MS considering us all the same. Schroders take students from all years for summer. It's asset management but would still be great experience. There are a few other banks that look at younger students, and a few wildcards if you're desperate for a summer programme like case study competitions.

Great, thanks a lot for the tip! ;-)

Original post by vmwl
I think RBC Capital Markets didn't specify what year you had to be in, did you submit an application for that? :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I see on the website that interships are for penultimate-year students... so, not sure tbh. But I plan to apply there for the Spring programme.

Latest

Trending

Trending