The Student Room Group

Why do some people feel the need to shove their sexualities in my face?

I'm 1000% in for freedom to be who you are meant to be or who you feel you are... but there should be a limit - like there is a limit to most things in life.

In almost every question I'VE come across I see these people shouting "I'm bisexual", "I'm straight", "I'm a guy and I love cock", "I'm a girl and I love pussy" ...

Great, you're gay, you're straight, you're bisexual, you're pansexual, you're metrosexual, you're transgender, you're whatthe****ender... good for you... I don't care past the "freedome to be who you want to be" part.

I've dedicated this video TO ALL those people who think it's necessary to add their sexual orientation to questions usually involving sex!

Reply 1
Reply 2
...The vast majority people in the real world (i.e. not on internet forums) do not do what you're describing. People who are gay have no interest in making other people gay (not that that's even possible), while people who are homophobic often want to make other people homophobic.
Reply 3
Original post by Viceroy
...The vast majority people in the real world (i.e. not on internet forums) do not do what you're describing. People who are gay have no interest in making other people gay (not that that's even possible), while people who are homophobic often want to make other people homophobic.

But they want us to embrace their homosexuality and if we don't they will slander us.
Most of the people who do this do it our of insecurity in my experience
Reply 5
Original post by slade p
But they want us to embrace their homosexuality and if we don't they will slander us.

Not "embrace", accept. There's a difference.
Reply 6
Original post by Kabloomybuzz
Most of the people who do this do it our of insecurity in my experience

Even the ones who do it in the real world??
Reply 7
Original post by Viceroy
Not "embrace", accept. There's a difference.

I think embrace means accept.

You say 'embrace' ones sexuality, just as much as 'accept' it ... why should it be any different when you're talking about 'embracing'/'accepting' one's sexuality,
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I think embrace means accept.

You say 'embrace' ones sexuality, just as much as 'accept' it ... why should it be any different when you're talking about 'embracing'/'accepting' one's sexuality,

There's a difference. If you're "embracing" someone's sexuality, you're celebrating and lauding it. If you're "accepting" it, you're simply saying "Well, they're free to do what they wish, just as I am."
Reply 9
Why do you feel the need to shove so much white blank space on my screen
Don't mind them, just don't get in my face with your gayness
Original post by Viceroy
There's a difference. If you're "embracing" someone's sexuality, you're celebrating and lauding it. If you're "accepting" it, you're simply saying "Well, they're free to do what they wish, just as I am."

Why make it so complicated lol.

Both virtually mean the same thing haha!

They don't mean the same thing, and the difference is more important than it appears. Asking society to embrace a sexuality is unreasonable, but asking society merely to accept it is perfectly reasonable. Etymology matters, because the words we use to write about things are the words we use to think about those things, and can influence our opinion on the topic.

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
They don't mean the same thing, and the difference is more important than it appears. Asking society to embrace a sexuality is unreasonable, but asking society merely to accept it is perfectly reasonable. Etymology matters, because the words we use to write about things are the words we use to think about those things, and can influence our opinion on the topic.

^ Yes, this would have been my response, too. Thanks.
Even the ones who do it in the real world??

Especially those who do it in the real world. Its kind of a way of saying "please accept and embrace me - maybe then I can accept myself"

I say this because it was something I used to do when I was coming to terms with my sexuality. Many people grow out of it, but some don't... Perhaps those are the kinds of people who will seek drama out of anything in order to make themselves feel better about their lives. I think its definitely an insecurity thing for a lot of people though.
To whomever reported me ... you have no life. I'm out of this place.
Reply 16
Original post by Greg Jackson
Don't mind them, just don't get in my face with your gayness

Cool bro, as long as you don't get in my face with your straightness.
I hate when people shove their heterosexuality in my face

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending