The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zerforax
I'm hoping Mourinho will light some fires and Chelsea will go HAM. Costa for captain :colondollar:

I'm going Costa captain (for a change...)
There's no way mourinho will accept 2 league losses in a row, even if they're up against Newcastle (who normally give them a tough time).

I also hate how assists are only 3 points; seems harsh that hazard could dance round 4 players, square to Costa for a tap in, yet the guy that did everything would get less points than the guy who scored an open goal.

Bias of football I guess - everybody remembers the goalscorer, not the creator.
Aguero in squad. Guy only needs 10 minutes to score. Even if he doesn't come off the bench it's probably not a bad move to get him in before the inevitable rise.
Original post by LΓΊcio
There's no way mourinho will accept 2 league losses in a row, even if they're up against Newcastle (who normally give them a tough time).

I also hate how assists are only 3 points; seems harsh that hazard could dance round 4 players, square to Costa for a tap in, yet the guy that did everything would get less points than the guy who scored an open goal.

Well Pardew just left Newcastle so they may not have the same fight?
Original post by Mister Dead
Aguero in squad. Guy only needs 10 minutes to score. Even if he doesn't come off the bench it's probably not a bad move to get him in before the inevitable rise.

I'm getting him after this weekend for sure
You can't NOT have him in your team!

Really? Everyone has been saving their WC for when he is fit, so if he gets through that game unscathed you'd imagine everyone will play it before next week. My plan was to play it the week after so I may just get him in for a hit, don't want to miss out on the rises.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LΓΊcio
I'm getting him after this weekend for sure
You can't NOT have him in your team!

VsEverton then arsenal and Chelsea though, and without Yaya.

He always takes a little while to get back into the swing of things too. Could wild card after Chelsea game to bring him in imo.
Original post by sr90
Really? Everyone has been saving their WC for when he is fit, so if he gets through that game unscathed you'd imagine everyone will play it before next week. My plan was to play it the week after so I may just get him in for a hit, don't want to miss out on the rises.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone says that immediately is the wrong time to play the wildcard, but i'm not everyone and I don't play by the rules, and if those pencil pushers down at city hall don't like it they can etc their etc up their etc

I'm somewhere around 15th. The saddest place to be. It's a time for action, not faffing around like some nambi, pamby, ooh maybe if i rotate this rubbish keeper with that rubbish keeper or swap Chadli for Downing, well, maybe, oooh, well.....

Ooooooh betty.
Everyone says that immediately is the wrong time to play the wildcard, but i'm not everyone and I don't play by the rules, and if those pencil pushers down at city hall don't like it they can etc their etc up their etc

I'm somewhere around 15th. The saddest place to be. It's a time for action, not faffing around like some nambi, pamby, ooh maybe if i rotate this rubbish keeper with that rubbish keeper or swap Chadli for Downing, well, maybe, oooh, well.....

Ooooooh betty.

Yeah sometimes you have to gamble and get the big hitters in early. Its worked for me with ADM, Sanchez, Kane, Siggy, Bertrand and Aguero himself. You don't know unless you take the risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LΓΊcio

What about a player who plays a two yard to a striker who goes on to beat 3 players and score a screamer from 25 yards. Is it fair he only get gets 1 more point?

Works both ways! Think it's generally fair in the end. Besides you've got to play to the game :smile:
Costa to Aguero costs 1.5m - I have 1.5m in the bank :teeth:

Cue an inevitable rise/fall to price me out of it.

I plan to WC after next week's fixtures.
Ok need advice. Playing with the work peeps and have had a bad couple of weeks which have left me 50 points from the top (sitting 3rd out of 15 with a pot of Β£150)

Begovic/Myhill
Cresswell, Clichy, Wisdom, Janmaat and Bertrand
Silva, Downing, Chadli, Siggy and Sanchez
Costa, Bony, Austin

I know I have to take out Bony, Janmaat and Clichy for obvious reasons but any suggestions as to how to shuffle the team for the next few weeks?
Original post by DeepStar
Ok need advice. Playing with the work peeps and have had a bad couple of weeks which have left me 50 points from the top (sitting 3rd out of 15 with a pot of Β£150)

Begovic/Myhill
Cresswell, Clichy, Wisdom, Janmaat and Bertrand
Silva, Downing, Chadli, Siggy and Sanchez
Costa, Bony, Austin

I know I have to take out Bony, Janmaat and Clichy for obvious reasons but any suggestions as to how to shuffle the team for the next few weeks?

Begovic needs to go aswell. Stoke surprisingly have been poor defensively this season and at 5 Mil he's proved to be a flop. You need a Chelsea mid too I reckon, fabregas will deliver consistent totals of like 6 whilst hazard is more explosive. Assuming you getting kane for bony so should free up some funds for a Chelsea mid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Begovic needs to go aswell. Stoke surprisingly have been poor defensively this season and at 5 Mil he's proved to be a flop. You need a Chelsea mid too I reckon, fabregas will deliver consistent totals of like 6 whilst hazard is more explosive. Assuming you getting kane for bony so should free up some funds for a Chelsea mid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking of putting my faith in Foster now that Pulis is on the case. I was surprised at how poor Stoke have been this year although the week I took out Shawcross he scored. Standard.

So you think I should keep Austin and Costa? Not consider Ings or Sergio?

What about ADM or Rooney? Although I question the consistency...

I'm going to use the WC this week as otherwise I think I'm going to fall too far behind.

Urgh! I thought I didn't care when I was sitting top, now down to 3rd I'm aggressively competitive :colondollar:

Thank you btw :smile:
Current team is

Guzan/McCarthy

Terry/Clyne/Duff/Wisdom/Hutton

Silva/Fab/Sig/Boyd/Sanchez

Austin/Costa/Rooney

+1m in the bank.

Want to get Aguero back in so thinking of subbing Rooney out which leaves a 0.6 deficit. No other player I want to get rid of either although possibly one of the Chelsea 3. Then who would I replace them with? I could do Costa + Rooney > Aguero + Kane (-4) and then have 4.5 in the bank or would doing Rooney + Fab + Terry > Aguero + Di Maria + Azpil (rotation risk) (-8pts) be better? I don't really want a -8 and not sure I want to wildcard for just those three transfers so I could do Fab + Terry > Di Maria +Azpil now and Aguero in for Rooney the week after?
Original post by DeepStar
I'm thinking of putting my faith in Foster now that Pulis is on the case. I was surprised at how poor Stoke have been this year although the week I took out Shawcross he scored. Standard.

So you think I should keep Austin and Costa? Not consider Ings or Sergio?

What about ADM or Rooney? Although I question the consistency...

I'm going to use the WC this week as otherwise I think I'm going to fall too far behind.

Urgh! I thought I didn't care when I was sitting top, now down to 3rd I'm aggressively competitive :colondollar:

Thank you btw :smile:

Austin doesn't have that good fixtures so after Burnley game could take him out. Like you said ings is a good shout with decentish form and good fixtures coming up. Yeah once Aguero is fully fit and starting then he is a must have and since everyone will get him. Although now with Bony to city looking imminent Aguero could be rested some games especially with champions league to deal with too. Di Maria is someone I'm looking at too. If he gets decent minutes vs Southampton then I'll get him since United have good fixtures coming up. Yeah fpl is a game of all emotions lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I could get Aguero in if I either dropped Costa, Sanchez or Hazard.

I'm also aware of Sturridge soon to return and I actually might be a bit naive and take a punt on him if funds allow.

Thoughts?
So Sterling is still in Jamaica, there goes another wasted transfer. :mad:
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Austin doesn't have that good fixtures so after Burnley game could take him out. Like you said ings is a good shout with decentish form and good fixtures coming up. Yeah once Aguero is fully fit and starting then he is a must have and since everyone will get him. Although now with Bony to city looking imminent Aguero could be rested some games especially with champions league to deal with too. Di Maria is someone I'm looking at too. If he gets decent minutes vs Southampton then I'll get him since United have good fixtures coming up. Yeah fpl is a game of all emotions lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!

Might take out Austin and Costa to Ings and Sergio. If the Bony move happens, swap him back out for Costa.

WC here I come :biggrin:
Yeah I've went Austin to Ings this week. Austin and QPRs away record is pretty poor, and the upcoming fixtures aren't great. Plus he's just had two great home fixtures where he's flopped. Frees up a little bit of money for me so I can get back on the Sergio train next week too.
Ings Captain.

Got the balls out.

Come on Danny boy.

Quick Reply

Latest