The Student Room Group

**** it! I am going to defend Islam!

As the title states I am up for any debates, arguments, confrontations etc, about Islam and anything relating to Islam.

You can say anything you want, ask me anything you want, tell me anything you want and I reply to you and defend Islam (if and when it needs to be).This entire Islam debate (including all of the threads, posts and opinions about Islam and things relating to Islam) on the TSR seems to be very unbalanced. I am here to offer a different perspective on Islam and on any issues relating to Islam to try and make this (big) Muslim debate (which never seems to end) more balanced.

I am not a Muslim!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Why does Islam have such a huge violence issue? Every other major religion/culture has almost totally moved away from such barbaric acts, why is it that Islam cannot do the same?
Reply 2
Original post by Zargabaath
Why does Islam have such a huge violence issue? Every other major religion/culture has almost totally moved away from such barbaric acts, why is it that Islam cannot do the same?

Those Buddist folk are really nice to the Muslims in Burma aren't they
Reply 3
Original post by Zargabaath

I do not think Islam does have a huge violence issue and I also do not think every other major religion/culture has almost totally moved away from such barbaric acts. I assume when you say 'violence issue' you are referring to terrorist attacks. Yes, there have been terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims but there has/have also been terrorists acts carried out by people of all religions, all over the world. The issue is that these terrorists attacks that are carried out by people who are not Muslims do not receive a similar amount of media coverage, do not receive the same amount of attention from the public (as the ones involving Muslims) when they are reported and if such stories are given a similar media coverage (to the Muslim ones) religion is not a huge part in the reporting of the terrorist attack and the story. Terrorist attacks are and will be carried out by people of all religions, colours, creeds, nationalities etc, with different motives for many years to come. There are barbaric acts going on all over the world that are nothing to do with Islam, taking place in countries all around the world.

What is your definition of a barbaric act?

Surely (us) the West (Christian religion (?)) and our culture have carried out many barbaric acts in recent years?
christian fundamentalists

minority of muslims
The main problem with Islam, just like with any other religion, is that it's nonsense based on myths and legends with very little grounding in reality.
Can I ask, how much knowledge of Islam do you have? Have you read the whole Qur'an?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by TheWiseSalmon
The main problem with Islam, just like with any other religion, is that it's nonsense based on myths and legends with very little grounding in reality.

I am presuming you are an atheist? Fair enough. You are entitled to your opinion and I don't have a problem with it as you are being consistent. You are not just saying that Islam is based on myths and legends but you are saying all religions are.

So is pretty much every other religion.

Original post by Lionheart96
So is pretty much every other religion.

Thanks for that input Lionheart96. Very necessary.
Original post by tengentoppa
Thanks for that input Lionheart96. Very necessary.

Thank you for that sarcasm. Very necessary.
Reply 11
Original post by moment of truth
Can I ask, how much knowledge of Islam do you have? Have you read the whole Qur'an?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My knowledge of Islam is very little and I am happy to admit that. I have not read Qur'an but I have read the entire Bible. Muslims believe in the Old Testament so I have a basic knowledge of some of the things Muslim believe in. The only problem is the Bible has been changed whereas the Qur'an has not been altered as much as the Bible has?
Thank you! Usually Muslims don't want to debate.

Could you answer me this? (and this is for any religious person, not only those of Islam)

Why do you choose to live your life based of a doctrine that have many evil elements? All religions have elements of slaughter, sexism, racism, ect. Why do you not choose to live, quite simply, a moral life, with a love of God that does not require you to endorse such foul things?
Original post by RFUR1
My knowledge of Islam is very little and I am happy to admit that. I have not read Qur'an but I have read the entire Bible. Muslims believe in the Old Testament so I have a basic knowledge of some of the things Muslim believe in. The only problem is the Bible has been changed whereas the Qur'an has not been altered as much as the Bible has?

What do you know about Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RFUR1
As the title states I am up for any debates, arguments, confrontations etc, about Islam and anything relating to Islam.

You can say anything you want, ask me anything you want, tell me anything you want and I reply to you and defend Islam (if and when it needs to be).This entire Islam debate (including all of the threads, posts and opinions about Islam and things relating to Islam) on the TSR seems to be very unbalanced. I am here to offer a different perspective on Islam and on any issues relating to Islam to try and make this (big) Muslim debate (which never seems to end) more balanced.

I am not a Muslim!

That sounds interesting.

Islam calls for the killing of apostates and adulterers.

Islam is homophobic.

Islam has incited more hatred in the last 20 years than any religion.

Islam and freedom of speech are incompatible.

Islam, whilst inherently intolerant, demands absolute tolerance.

Most Muslim majority countries rank near the bottom of country rankings on gender equality and freedom of the press.

Islam means submission, it is inherently oppressive. Islam is a faith with no basis in fact, it is inherently anti-intellectual.

Now, defend Islam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Dani California
Thank you! Usually Muslims don't want to debate.

Could you answer me this? (and this is for any religious person, not only those of Islam)

Why do you choose to live your life based of a doctrine that have many evil elements? All religions have elements of slaughter, sexism, racism, ect. Why do you not choose to live, quite simply, a moral life, with a love of God that does not require you to endorse such foul things?

I am not a Muslim as written in my original post so I can't answer your question. Sorry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by moment of truth
What do you know about Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The basics. What religion do you follow?
Original post by RFUR1
I an not a Muslim as written in my original post so I can't answer your question. Sorry.

*******s. Thought I was on to something there.:rolleyes:
Original post by RFUR1
The basics. What religion do you follow?

I dont follow a religion at the moment. You? What do you mean by the basics lol? 5 pillars? 6 articles of faith? Etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Dani California
Why do you not choose to live, quite simply, a moral life, with a love of God that does not require you to endorse such foul things?

Not sure about foul things in Islam but what do you suppose is a moral life with a love of God? Also what God what that be and how would you know about Him?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending