The Student Room Group

Symbicort Turobohaler

My doctor prescribed me this as a replacement to my usual one as I've had several chest infections this winter. However I'm worried about taking it now after reading about all the dodgy possible side effects (I know people say not to read reviews online but I would rather hear real peoples experiences rather than the doctor just fobbing me off and telling me what I want to hear) several of which are things I'm prone to anyway. Has anyone had experiences of using this inhaler?
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh, yes. I say yes; but lasted a grand total of, er, 3 days on it. I couldn't tell (unlike with the evohaler / the L shaped inhalers) whether I was actually getting any medication into my lungs. No-one had checked whether I could it in the first place properly either. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Oh, yes. I say yes; but lasted a grand total of, er, 3 days on it. I couldn't tell (unlike with the evohaler / the L shaped inhalers) whether I was actually getting any medication into my lungs. No-one had checked whether I could it in the first place properly either. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply. I've only ever used the powdered inhalers before so that isn't a problem for me; although I think its bad they didn't check if you could use it before giving it to you.
Original post by gemmam
Thanks for your reply. I've only ever used the powdered inhalers before so that isn't a problem for me; although I think its bad they didn't check if you could use it before giving it to you.

I couldn't understand why no-one had shown me either. It was a Saturday; so had to wait until Monday to see someone. I was told just to go back to see my GP and was given something else.

You may find that you don't get anything side effects from it. I've been on numerous asthma medications, including symbicort, a tablet and the evohalers and aside from the sore throat from not washing my mouth out after, I've had no problems. And that's coming from someone who gets side effects from almost every single medication.
Reply 4
I couldn't understand why no-one had shown me either. It was a Saturday; so had to wait until Monday to see someone. I was told just to go back to see my GP and was given something else.

You may find that you don't get anything side effects from it. I've been on numerous asthma medications, including symbicort, a tablet and the evohalers and aside from the sore throat from not washing my mouth out after, I've had no problems. And that's coming from someone who gets side effects from almost every single medication.

I suppose I could trial it for a few weeks; I've looked a bit more and there's a tablet version too so maybe those people were taking that. I haven't had any side effects from any of the asthma medication I've taken previously either.
Reply 5
Used it twice and both times I've had a very fast heart rate and coughing fit after taking it; I think going to go back to my original one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'ev been told the coughing is normal. I was told to take my blue one (ventolin) if that happens.
Reply 7
I'ev been told the coughing is normal. I was told to take my blue one (ventolin) if that happens.

I've gone back to my original one now anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest