The Student Room Group

Boko Haram just slaughtered 2000 Africans? Where is the outrage?

So I guess African lives aren't worth much then?

The internet virtually blew up when news of the 12 Frenchmen was released...

:hmmm:

"Suleiman Dauda, 12, said he ran into the bushes with neighbours when extremists attacked his village, Askira Uba, near Yola last year.

“I saw them kill my father, they slaughtered him like a ram. And up until now I don’t know where my mother is,” he told the Associated Press at Daware refugee camp in Yola."

From the Guardian.

Edit 1:

Some of the responses to the thread have made me realise that I have spoken too soon.
I do not have an agenda.
I was simply frustrated by the double standard and only wanted to see what other people's views are. I do hope that careful action is taken to wipe the name Boko Haram off the face of our planet.

Edit 2:

I guess I didn't speak too soon.
Now the bodies of 2000 are rotting in the streets of Nigeria whilst the rest of the world rallies against the death of 14 Europeans.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Don't think it's because people think 'African lives aren't worth as much.' The news of the kidnapped Chibok school girls was pretty big for e.g.

News is relative i guess.

But honestly how many more civilians are going to die before Nigeria's government step up, or at least receive intervention . Boko Haram attacks have killed thousands and thousands and displaced many:frown:
Reply 2
Original post by childofthesun
Don't think it's because people think 'African lives aren't worth as much.' The news of the kidnapped Chibok school girls was pretty big for e.g.

News is relative i guess.

But honestly how many more civilians are going to die before Nigeria's government step up, or at least receive intervention . Boko Haram attacks have killed thousands and thousands and displaced many:frown:

But then why is the Paris shooting overshadowing this more horrific tragedy. I mean 2000!!!!!.
Because we aren't supposed to see things like this in Europe, we're supposed to be civilised.
But i'd like to offer you some outrage become i'm not happy about those Africans being killed either.
Reply 4
Original post by Xenorebrem
Boko Haram just slaughtered 2000 Africans? Where is the outrage?
It has been covered in detail on BBC radio news.

This does not help: Nigeria schoolgirls: police ban anti-Boko Haram protest marches

Err, it was just bloody reported! Shame on you for using people's death for your own revolting agenda
But then why is the Paris shooting overshadowing this more horrific tragedy. I mean 2000!!!!!.

And when did these 2,000 deaths occur? It's only just happened

Not soon enough for you to climb over their corpses for your own twisted political agenda
Original post by Octohedral
X

Perhaps more importantly, this event only just happened!
Reply 8

The internet virtually blew up when news of the 12 Frenchmen was released...

:hmmm:

"Suleiman Dauda, 12, said he ran into the bushes with neighbours when extremists attacked his village, Askira Uba, near Yola last year.

“I saw them kill my father, they slaughtered him like a ram. And up until now I don’t know where my mother is,” he told the Associated Press at Daware refugee camp in Yola."

From the Guardian.

You seem to be more intrested in the lack of coverage than the act itself.

How about you tell everyone all about it, rather than complain about it?
Original post by Clip

His complaint about the lack of coverage is also pretty disingenuous given this massacre occurred on Wednesday and reports only started to trickle out late yesterday. Many news organisations have only learned of it today

He is pushing an agenda because he desperately wants to divert attention from the acts of these Islamofascists, both in Paris and Nigeria, onto the supposed moral failings of the West.

I'm unsure what his position is on the murders committed by his co-religionists over the past few days, but whatever his position, he clearly feels more inclined to obfuscate and accuse the West than those doing the murdering
Reply 10
Out of interest, why can't you say 2000 Nigerians?
Why do some people seem to have an trouble understanding that Africans are not all the same?
Reply 11
2000? Where do you get this information from?
Original post by young_guns

Ah, I didn't realise that.
His complaint about the lack of coverage is also pretty disingenuous given this massacre occurred on Wednesday and reports only started to trickle out late yesterday. Many news organisations have only learned of it today

He is pushing an agenda because he desperately wants to divert attention from the acts of these Islamofascists, both in Paris and Nigeria, onto the supposed moral failings of the West.

I'm unsure what his position is on the murders committed by his co-religionists over the past few days, but whatever his position, he clearly feels more inclined to obfuscate and accuse the West than those doing the murdering

Original post by Clip

And when did these 2,000 deaths occur? It's only just happened

Not soon enough for you to climb over their corpses for your own twisted political agenda

Err, it was just bloody reported! Shame on you for using people's death for your own revolting agenda

"Only 5 hours after the attack it had already been tweeted more than 250000 times" referring to the Paris attacks according to the Daily Mail.

Those accusing me of having some sort of Agenda. I'm not even Muslim.
I am shocked by the clear double standard society has for the rest of the world. Perhaps the resentment towards the West is not unfounded.

So you were lying when you said

I'm Muslim btw.

You do have a clear agenda; you want to divert attention from the crimes of Islamofascist, away from actual murders onto the supposed moral failings of the West in your eyes because they clicked more on one page than another?

It's a particularly idiotic assertion given the news of the Boko Haram massacre has only started trickling out, hence blaming people for paying less attention to something that wasn't even being reported demonstrates the revolting nature of your agenda; climbing over people's corpses to make a weak and mealy-mouthed attack on the values and morals of the West
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
"Only 5 hours after the attack it had already been tweeted more than 250000 times" referring to the Paris attacks according to the Daily Mail.

I am shocked by the clear double standard society has for the rest of the world. Perhaps the resentment towards the West is not unfounded.

I am no longer surprised by the abject and blatant stupidity of the things I read on TSR.
Reply 16
Original post by Clip
I am no longer surprised by the abject and blatant stupidity of the things I read on TSR.

Clip

Joined TSR in Mar 2011

Blimey, that took a long time. It took me about 4 weeks.

But I still experience disappointment, amazement and puzzlement every few minutes.
So you were lying when you said

You do have a clear agenda; you want to divert attention from the crimes of Islamofascist, away from actual murders onto the supposed moral failings of the West in your eyes because they clicked more on one page than another?

It's a particularly idiotic assertion given the news of the Boko Haram massacre has only started trickling out, hence blaming people for paying less attention to something that wasn't even being reported demonstrates the revolting nature of your agenda; climbing over people's corpses to make a weak and mealy-mouthed attack on the values and morals of the West

You quoted me saying that 4 months ago.
A lot can happen in 4 months.

And as to your other point, I guess only time will tell how the world will respond.
But judging by the comparative response so far I can predict what the outcome will be.
You quoted me saying that 4 months ago.
A lot can happen in 4 months.

So you're saying you've become an ex-Muslim in the last four months?

And as to your other point, I guess only time will tell how the world will respond.
But judging by the comparative response so far I can predict what the outcome will be

What a weak, mealy-mouthed comment. The Boko Haram massacre by Islamofascists, the unfortunate murder of 2000 civilians, has only just come to light. Comparing it to the Paris incident that occurred over a few days and has topped the news is idiotic, at the very least.

Your agenda is clear, begone troll
So you're saying you've become an ex-Muslim in the last four months?

What a weak, mealy-mouthed comment. The Boko Haram massacre by Islamofascists, the unfortunate murder of 2000 civilians, has only just come to light. Comparing it to the Paris incident that occurred over a few days and has topped the news is idiotic, at the very least.

Your agenda is clear, begone troll

Yes to the first question.

Once again, whether or not you dislike Twitter, it certainly indicates the talking points being discussed by the World ( or at least some parts of it) and 250000 tweets in the 5 hours following the Paris attack clearly indicates the level of emotion connected with these deaths.

It's just depressing that the same response was not seen in this case.

Only when we begin to view all lives as equal will we then prevent terrorism at its core. The U.S immediately lent its full military support to France following the attacks. I sincerely hope the same happens in the case of Boko Haram and Nigeria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending