The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Soundmagic E10 :sexface:
beats by dre

of course I'm a hipster
Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EO3DYKM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_DlhSub1PJG0DM

These will outlive you:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Budget? And what will they be used for?

Audio Technica ATH M50x's are £105 on Amazon right now and that is a steal. Gofre is the man to ask.

Need your expertise bro. & Give me some rep as well ffs.
Original post by c.t.14
I need to buy a new set of headphones as my Apple ones have now broken; they started only playing out of one ear and then none at all. I've used them for a year since I got them with my iPhone. My question is, can anybody recommend a decent set of headphones that is relatively cheap?

Obviously I don't expect them to last a lifetime but, if they can last a decent amount of time before breaking then I wouldn't mind.

What's your budget? Do you want in-ear, on-ear or over-ear? What sort of music do you listen to?

Original post by Wilfred Little
Need your expertise bro.

:hat2:
Original post by Vixen47

I've heard good things about those.

I would recommend:
JVC Gumy/Gumy Air
Sennheiser CX 300 II
JVC Xtreme Xplosives

Or the top result on Amazon UK for 'Panasonic in-ear' earphones, I use those and they offer far better quality than my recently purchased AKG Y50s:yep:
There you are! Right I need advice: what would you recommend, AKG Y50 or AKG K451? ..or any other on-ear/in-ear headphones/earphones under £50?
Reply 8
This is basically my ideal criteria, I'd prefer in-ear ones that are £50 or less.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.
I thought blackberry earphones were the ting but I dunno..
Not Beats
Argos are selling these sony headphones for like 12.50 that are really nice and bassy
Original post by getfunky!
There you are! Right I need advice: what would you recommend, AKG Y50 or AKG K451? ..or any other on-ear/in-ear headphones/earphones under £50?

I've not yet had a chance to properly listen to the Y50s, but what I've read about them is very positive.

However not as positive as the Philips Fidelio M1, which are down at £60 on Amazon right now. For this price they're an absolute steal, I'd be very surprised if the Y50s could match them.

www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-M1-00-Headphones-Hands-Free-black/dp/B007O712LS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420853152&sr=8-1&keywords=Fidelio+m1

Original post by c.t.14
This is basically my ideal criteria, I'd prefer in-ear ones that are £50 or less.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

If you're comfortable buying from eBay storefronts, then the VSonic GR06 are easily the best pair of in-ears for £50. If not, spend a little extra and get the Philips Fidelio S1 from Amazon for about £60, which are also excellent.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VSONIC-GR06-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380378110428?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item58904d59dc
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VSONIC-GR06-High-Fidelity-Professional-Quality-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380378110428?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item58904d59dc
Definitely not beats. They are so overrated, Sony are supposedly the best I hear
Reply 14
There's a sennheiser pair of in ears for about 30 squid go for those.
Oh thanks! :biggrin: I'll have to check 'em out.

As for the Y50s, they aren't that great really, the sound feels sort of ..compressed, I'm not an audiophile but I can tell that they don't sound great nor are they comfortable to wear for long periods as they warm up within an hour.

Noise isolation is middling, enough to block out the ambience of commuting, yet not enough to block out the tannoy system of a bus.

Build quality is amazing for the price - I bought them for £48, and AKG made the right decision in using metal on the headband and the main "cans" (?).

But I reiterate - I'm not an audiophile, so do not have broad experience with costly headphones, give them a try, and I'll be sure to look for your review:yep: I'll probably return my pair after I compare them with the K451s which seem to have quite the reputation.

Tbh I'm just looking for noise cancelling/isolating headphones that aren't uncomfortable to wear nor compromise on sound quality, I just want clear sound, maybe I'm asking for too much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's absolutely no reason to get anything else. If you like in ear headphones, get these, they sound better than many headphones at twice the price.
Reply 17
You can't really go wrong with Sennheiser kit.
Original post by Digital97
Posted from TSR Mobile

There's absolutely no reason to get anything else. If you like in ear headphones, get these, they sound better than many headphones at twice the price.

My E10 headphones got stolen! I bought the E10S pair for £30 from Richer Sounds. They're £40 originally but my sister got an email saying until next Saturday you can get £10 off if you show/mention the email. :biggrin:

NEVER buy these headphones from Amazon. Stupid ****s sold me a fake pair when I bought my E10 pair back in August. I went through the vast majority of the reviews but none of them mentioned that the sticker to show that they're originals wasn't on the box. :rant:
Budget: Urbanears, splurge: Frends. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending