The Student Room Group

This is a question for people of color living in London!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stefano93
Had some white man tell me to eff off back to "Arabia", when I am of Greek and Italian descent.

Lol "Arabia"! Why did he say that for? :s-smilie:
Never seen racism in London. I think London is one of the most tolerant cities in the world. Outside London in the UK, however, I have seen tons of racism.
Original post by n2697
Lol "Arabia"! Why did he say that for? :s-smilie:

I was going to converse back with him, but clearly he was too stupid... I really don't know tbh - I had just been standing in a platform to catch the train and he made eye contact with me and said vulgar things!
Reply 23
No. The funny thing is, I grew up in Portugal which is a very racist country generally and I also never faced discrimination there. But other people around me have.

I lived in London for 6 years now and I never encountered that. I'm just lucky I guess
Reply 24
I was going to converse back with him, but clearly he was too stupid... I really don't know tbh - I had just been standing in a platform to catch the train and he made eye contact with me and said vulgar things!

To be honest if that was me, he would've probably made my day with his term "Arabia"! Some of the individuals on public transport are the worst, the amount of videos there are on youtube of people being verbally abused is ridiculous.
Reply 25
Original post by catsis
No. The funny thing is, I grew up in Portugal which is a very racist country generally and I also never faced discrimination there. But other people around me have.

I lived in London for 6 years now and I never encountered that. I'm just lucky I guess

Really? I never knew Portugal was a "racist country", I've had many Portuguese friends during my life and they've all been fine. Could you give me an example of something that they do that you would regard as racist? By the way I'm not trying to put you on the spot, I'm just curious
Reply 26
When I was younger. Had a white person spit at me and call me a n***** on my way back from school :erm:
But not in recent years
Had some white man tell me to eff off back to "Arabia", when I am of Greek and Italian descent.

Sorry but this made me laugh. The ignorance levels were high! "Arabia" :rofl3:
Original post by catsis

Or maybe you're hot and they're like: eh, I'll let it pass for you. 😎
Reply 29
Yeah, in elm park. I was with my family and these two white boys driving past put their middle fingers up at us and said 'eff you pa**s!'. And when I was at school. Well not just me actually. The school I went to is predominantly black, asian, latinos and a few white girls. and some of the white girls had a problem with us ethinic girls -___- they told quite a few of us to go back to our countries, they took the piss out of what they believed was our culture when they didnt know ss***. And one of the head of years favoured the white girls over the ethnic ones. and blah blah blah. it was just stupid.
Reply 30
Original post by Tai Ga
When I was younger. Had a white person spit at me and call me a n***** on my way back from school :erm:
But not in recent years

What a doochebag!! Hope karma bit that person on the arse!!!
Original post by Anonymous
have you have faced discrimination because of your race? if so what happened?

Yes I have. 3 times!

1- More to do with my religion as this guy called me a 'raghead'.

2- Again, more to do with religion, was called a 'terrorist'.

3- More to do with my ethincity. In lidl when a old white lady saw me and said 'all these foreigners should **** back to their countries!'.

:/
Reply 32
I have been called human scum by members of the Otherkin community.
Reply 33
Original post by MissLalaxx
Sorry but this made me laugh. The ignorance levels were high! "Arabia" :rofl3:

I agree, it's actually quite funny XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Moved to Chat :smile:

Oh ****. She did you in, OP.
Reply 35
London is so multicultural so feeling out of place or weird around different cultures or race is actually dependent on if you come across individuals who take life too seriously..tbh i think one shouldnt get affected by anothers opinion too much..lifes race is much more important..my view on it anyway but i think london is not that bad
I kinda like messing with Londoners or midlanders who tell me to go back home, and I reply. What. West Yorkshire? I go there every 3 weeks or so, and I'm next going in a couple of weeks. Thanks for reminding me :biggrin:
Reply 38
Yeah about three times.
I just tend to ignore it though.
As a teenager looooaaaadddss. now as im just past that stage none at all, their is discrimination in jobs and such (for example in my workplace 40% are english yet their are not even 40% english in the area), and people getting in arguments and such but its nothing physical anymore this can thankfully be ignored but it is a big deal.

funnily ive gotten as much racism from blacks and whites (english not eastern EU), in my opinion blacks have integrated quite a lot with the whites while we asians are still very much seperate.

You will hear loads of stories about tower hamlets where we asians inforce islam on everyone their, lol, its the best place in east london to live and its totally fine. their was a youtube video where a guy/girl goes to brick lane to see this asian only/no go white area only to find nothing like that.

We have a lot of eastern european people and honestly they arent bad as everyone makes out and the stealing jobs ukip thing I dont get because they are mainly next to other immigrants like my area I dont see many of them elsewhere.

just an insight into east london.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending