Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mariamgy
Which course?

Economics:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
What subject, and when were your 8+2 weeks meant to expire?
for economics, my 8+2 weeks was supposed to expire on the 16th, so effectively they just havent added on the extra 2 christmas weeks
Looks like this might just be an econ thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2064
Original post by nickirv
But I'm taking Accounting as my major, I would probably need it more than History though.

It doesn't work this way. And furthermore, Accounting is a blacklisted subject at A-level.
I have applied for economics and my other choice at LSE is management, I received 4 week emails for both
Currently Im 2 weeks into my 4 week emails and I really hope you guys will be better off than me haha
Reply 2066
Original post by benq
It doesn't work this way. And furthermore, Accounting is a blacklisted subject at A-level.

math is the big thing for lse. As long as you have math you technically meet their requirements. Other than that they want to see that you have challenged yourself with the courses you take - if you can get an a in fm that is a big plus. Other than that, economics is considered average in terms of difficulty and accounting downright easy. History is a difficult subject that teaches you how to right essays - a skill invaluable when writing personal statements etc.

if i was you id take math, fm, history and econ. You could even swap out econ for physics. It is.more math based and you get a broad range of science, humanities and.quantitative subjects. Top grades in 3 math based subjects, you will show them that you can handle the difficulty of the the math on the accounting course - which is really the only thing they really care about. History will also show them that you have writing skills to supplement quantitative skill.

fm, math, history and physics - you'd be golde
Jeez I got another 4 week email, I didn't even make it through my additional 2 ****ing weeks. I'm over the ****ing moon. Pol and Philosophy btw.
Original post by Logolept
Jeez I got another 4 week email, I didn't even make it through my additional 2 ****ing weeks. I'm over the ****ing moon. Pol and Philosophy btw.

God dammit. Sounds like we'd all better prepare for 4 week emails.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My 8+2 weeks ended today and I still haven't heard back yet! It really bothers me that they aren't sticking to their schedule of sending out decisions. They should not tell us we will hear back in 8 weeks if this is not the case. I would rather they give me accurate information from the beginning, even if it means that they send us 16 week emails.
My 8+2 weeks actually finishes on the 23rd of jan but LSE sent me another 4 week email today! So annoying, just want them to make their flippin mind up!
Original post by Logolept

I know your pain. It's been 3 months since I applied for Politics and Philosophy, including the 8 + 2 week emails. Just got the 4 week one today. It's like some sort of irritating scavenger hunt!:confused:
I got the 2 week email then the 8 week email and today they sent me the 4 week email...do they just keep sending you those emails to make u wait? Like i don't mind a straight rejection but why are they making you wait forever? :s-smilie:
Hoping and praying to be one of the cambridge rejects at the LSE next year
Original post by Ryrytho
I know your pain. It's been 3 months since I applied for Politics and Philosophy, including the 8 + 2 week emails. Just got the 4 week one today. It's like some sort of irritating scavenger hunt!:confused:

My girlfriend recieved an offer for Politics and Philosophy in December at the end of her 8 week email, not sure why?
What have people heard for government and economics? I just got another 4 week email...
Original post by CiaranAndrew
Thank youu! Well, I applied on the 17th Nov and got the offer 5 weeks after they sent me the '8 week email'. I don't think I got a 4 week email?

congrats! what were your predicted/gcses, if you don't mind me asking?
so recently i got an email asking for my exact ums on all modules, i got aab for as and am predicted a*aaa for a2 but my ums for some modules weren't very good. im just worried i will get rejected if i fill in this form but i guess i have to otherwise i will definitely get rejected lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
My son got an offer from LSE to study law at the end of Oct. He has been rejected by Oxford. He has heard that it is hard to make friends and there are few clubs that you can join. He's not sure at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimmy234
congrats! what were your predicted/gcses, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks very much!! yeah no problem:

GCSE: 12 A*s
AS: AAAA
A2(predicted): A*A*A*A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending