The Student Room Group

Cynical Gay Muslim - Ask me Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master Jack
The first normal question in this thread. Thanks for saving me from this madness. :biggrin:

I used to love naruto and bleach as well I'm sure everyone went though that stage in primary/secondary school. I remember waiting for the manga to come out on Friday and then reading it during break time in the computer lab with all my mates. It was glorious. :tongue:

Right now I'm not really watching an Anime I'm too busy but I've recently watched shingeki no kyojin (God I love saying that aloud in a dramatic voice!) It easily became one of my favourites hoping season 2 will be as great.

Other favourites include code geass, death note, darker than black and many others I don't recall at the moment

Ok thanks for the reply. :h: My friend recommended Death Note so might check that out.
Reply 21
I didn't choose. I was born this way.

I do not partake in homosexual activities however. I suppress it or rather have been for a while.

You were not born as a homosexual I can assure you that. Are you going to try to be with a woman?
Reply 22
I don't know. It just came to me. Because I want to get into heaven.

Alright this friendship wouldn't have worked you are boring. I should make a thread like this it would work better the other way around.
So are you still going to marry a Muslim women? As marriage is half your deen.
Original post by HoozDat
But you believe in heaven because you're a muslim?

I don't understand the question. I am Muslim because it seems like the only right religion to me and according to Islam it says that there's a heaven and hell so I believe in an afterlife and the actions in this life determine your destination in the next one.

Do you play any sports? [unrelated question :biggrin:]

No. I'm terrible. Stereotypical I know.
Reply 25
how does being a cynic affect your life?
Original post by al_94
You were not born as a homosexual I can assure you that. Are you going to try to be with a woman?

"You were not born as a heterosexual I can assure you that. Are you going to try to be with a man?" Read this sentence and realise what a fool you're being. I did not choose to be gay no more than you chose to be straight. I would never choose to be gay at any rate because I'm a practicing Muslim so I wouldn't make it harder on myself.

Am I going to be with a woman? I would hope so because I want biological children but Allah knows best. I'd much rather be alone rather than have my sexuality be public knowledge. Awks
Original post by shanny786
So are you still going to marry a Muslim women? As marriage is half your deen.

See above.
Original post by HoozDat
how does being a cynic affect your life?

Low-mood, depression and anxiety all things that have been linked to my cynicism. It's ruined my outlook on life still I try to be more optimistic these days.
Original post by xylas
Alright this friendship wouldn't have worked you are boring. I should make a thread like this it would work better the other way around.

Go ahead. I'll be asking equally annoying questions. :smile:

Original post by Ankabout
Ok thanks for the reply. :h: My friend recommended Death Note so might check that out.

Death Note is head and shoulders above all the other Anime. Your friend is right you need to watch it right away. :wink:
Our circumstances are quite alike. I'm also a gay Muslim, but my imaan is definitely on the weak side as of late. Anywho, with regards to anime, you should check out Parasyte the Maxim and Tokyo ghoul. I'd definitely say they're probably the best new anime to have come out.

Does anyone know about your sexuality?

Does it upset you that a large majority of the Muslim community would shun you based on something you can't control?

Edit: Seeing as you like Death Note, you might want to check out Monster too. It's got the same dark vibe too it.
Original post by Akamega
Our circumstances are quite alike. I'm also a gay Muslim, but my imaan is definitely on the weak side as of late. Anywho, with regards to anime, you should check out Parasyte the Maxim and Tokyo ghoul. I'd definitely say they're probably the best new anime to have come out.

Does anyone know about your sexuality?

Does it upset you that a large majority of the Muslim community would shun you based on something you can't control?

Edit: Seeing as you like Death Note, you might want to check out Monster too. It's got the same dark vibe too it.

Nobody knows about my sexuality. Not even my closest friends.

It does upset me and it also frightens me deep down because they think I chose this. I'm sure you can understand.

Thanks for all the recommendations I've definitely been looking for another anime adventure. :biggrin:
Nobody knows about my sexuality. Not even my closest friends.

It does upset me and it also frightens me deep down because they think I chose this. I'm sure you can understand.

Thanks for all the recommendations I've definitely been looking for another anime adventure. :biggrin:

Yeah, I understand completely.

You're welcome. :tongue:
Reply 32
"You were not born as a heterosexual I can assure you that. Are you going to try to be with a man?" Read this sentence and realise what a fool you're being. I did not choose to be gay no more than you chose to be straight. I would never choose to be gay at any rate because I'm a practicing Muslim so I wouldn't make it harder on myself.

Am I going to be with a woman? I would hope so because I want biological children but Allah knows best. I'd much rather be alone rather than have my sexuality be public knowledge. Awks

See above.

Then how do you explain this
Qur'an 26:165 - 26:166
Do you approach males among the worlds And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing."

This proves you were not born homosexual.
Reply 33
Islam teaches that every baby is born muslim. That's why people 'revert' back to islam instead of 'convert'.

You weren't born gay. I think you are confused and need some time to think things through.

I'm not one to judge but I don't think you can call yourself a Muslim and be gay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al_94
Then how do you explain this
Qur'an 26:165 - 26:166
Do you approach males among the worlds And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing."

This proves you were not born homosexual.

The aayat is talking about homosexual acts i.e. approach implies that you're seeking homosexual relations which I'm most definitely not. You misconstrued an entire aayat to support your bigotry and ignorance, kudos.

Allah says that everyone has their own test and no one is given a test beyond their means. I believe this that for me.
Original post by Pakman
Islam teaches that every baby is born muslim. That's why people 'revert' back to islam instead of 'convert'.

You weren't born gay. I think you are confused and need some time to think things through.

I'm not one to judge but I don't think you can call yourself a Muslim and be gay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it entirely depends on what you understand from "be gay". For me I do not engage in homosexual acts nor do I encourage my homosexual thoughts instead I suppress them and pray for forgiveness from Allah. I have prayed to be cured of my homosexuality and have had many sleepless nights thinking about what if, what if I lose the right path and stray and then I pray for guidance. My homosexuality is a test.

You're right you cannot judge me because you do not know how it feels.
Reply 36
The aayat is talking about homosexual acts i.e. approach implies that you're seeking homosexual relations which I'm most definitely not. You misconstrued an entire aayat to support your bigotry and ignorance, kudos.

Allah says that everyone has their own test and no one is given a test beyond their means. I believe this that for me.

How can you be born homosexual if it says women were created to be mates with men?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 37
I think it entirely depends on what you understand from "be gay". For me I do not engage in homosexual acts nor do I encourage my homosexual thoughts instead I suppress them and pray for forgiveness from Allah. I have prayed to be cured of my homosexuality and have had many sleepless nights thinking about what if, what if I lose the right path and stray and then I pray for guidance. My homosexuality is a test.

You're right you cannot judge me because you do not know how it feels.

So you are saying you don't encourage homosexual thoughts but you still receive them. That must be the devil whispering in your ear.

I also don't think you are homosexual. Just confused about your sexuality. The fact you keep stating you are homosexual doesn't help.

The closer you get to God, the further away you go from sin. So keep praying and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al_94
How can you be born homosexual if it sayswomen were created to be mates with women?

That still doesn't prove that homosexuality is not innate. For all you know it can be a test in which case the quote that women were created for me would still be true. I don't know what it is that you're trying to achieve.

Original post by Pakman
So you are saying you don't encourage homosexual thoughts but you still receive them. That must be the devil whispering in your ear.

I also don't think you are homosexual. Just confused about your sexuality. The fact you keep stating you are homosexual doesn't help.

The closer you get to God, the further away you go from sin. So keep praying and you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right. I shouldn't say I'm a Gay Muslim but this is the only place where I can actually talk about something which is really been a struggle for me.

As for your question yes I do get homosexual thoughts. I am Human just like you, I'm sure you get heterosexual thoughts unless you're a robot. :smile:

I'm very devoted to Islam.
So if you meet someone you like and they like you. You won't even kiss them? Or be physically close to them? Are you ok to live life like that forever?

Quick Reply

Latest